Chocolate Milk

Will my son be able to get chocolate milk almost anywhere on the ship. We are on Oasis. Plan on eating at usual restaurants such as windjammer, MDR, Johnny Rockets, etc. Would they have this at bars up on pool deck?

When we were on the freedom of the seas I had it every morning with breakfast in the windjammer but most days I had to ask for it. It was in single serve cartons. They just didn't put a lot out I guess. It's my "coffee" I can't start my day without it! :-)

No chocolate milk on Legend last month :(

Hope they do have it on Oasis though.........

On any other ship I've been on it's only been in cartons in WindJammer.

Chocolate milk to me is like coffee to my sister. I might need to pack some Nestle Quick and bring it with me just in case they don't have it on the Navigator or the Serenade.

My husband was a chocolate milk drinker. Never had a problem on multiple ships - always available in the Windjammer - often had to ask and wait a few minutes - but it was available. Most recently sailed on Allure, Independence and Navigator, but have found the same thing on other ships - I think sometimes they had to go get it from a central location, but was available.

In the MDR had a couple of assistant waiters who were very funny - insisted that "their chocolate milk" was better than the cartons - they tried to outdo each other using chocolate syrup, etc.

Never tried to get it at a bar - that might be pushing it.

Would not recommend getting extra to keep in cabin - cabin fridge is not cold enough to keep from spoiling long term - it is not a true fridge; more of a cooler. If you want to get a couple of cartons to keep in cabin suggest asking for extra ice bucket and bury it in the ice.

Edited by PMcC1998

We asked for it on the Jewel during our B2B cruise in March/April this year. No chocolate milk cartons on board at all, they offered to make it for him in the dining room with syrup but my DH only wanted chocolate milk to have with his breakfast. Come on RCI you used to have chocolate milk in the Windjammer all the time, what happened ?????? crys_smiley.gif

My husband was a chocolate milk drinker. Never had a problem on multiple ships - always available in the Windjammer - often had to ask and wait a few minutes - but it was available. Most recently sailed on Allure, Independence and Navigator, but have found the same thing on other ships - I think sometimes they had to go get it from a central location, but was available.

In the MDR had a couple of assistant waiters who were very funny - insisted that "their chocolate milk" was better than the cartons - they tried to outdo each other using chocolate syrup, etc.

Never tried to get it at a bar - that might be pushing it.

Would not recommend getting extra to keep in cabin - cabin fridge is not cold enough to keep from spoiling long term - it is not a true fridge; more of a cooler. If you want to get a couple of cartons to keep in cabin suggest asking for extra ice bucket and bury it in the ice.

I've never had a problem with the fridge keeping milk cold for a late night cereal snack.

I've never had a problem with the fridge keeping milk cold for a late night cereal snack.

My reason for mentioning this was based on numerous comments on CC. Milk spoils very easily - might taste okay and then you have a tummy upset later. The coolers in the cabins are for soft drinks/water. If you need anything truly refrigerated you can request a fridge for your cabin instead of the cooler. If people were using the milk for children, I think it is better to be safe than sorry. Just a comment.

My reason for mentioning this was based on numerous comments on CC. Milk spoils very easily - might taste okay and then you have a tummy upset later. The coolers in the cabins are for soft drinks/water.

Yep, that's me - I'm one of them. Foolishly did this once and never again. Ugh.