Corkage Fee

qsuzi

Remember--if you plan to bring one bottle of wine per person at embarkation, you must have that wine physically with you when you embark and NOT in the bag that you check in with the porters. We forgot to do that and the bottle of wine that was in my checked bag was confiscated (and returned on our last night aboard ship).

Remember--if you plan to bring one bottle of wine per person at embarkation, you must have that wine physically with you when you embark and NOT in the bag that you check in with the porters. We forgot to do that and the bottle of wine that was in my checked bag was confiscated (and returned on our last night aboard ship).

They opened your bag and removed the bottle without you present?

They opened your bag and removed the bottle without you present?

]

On our last cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam, the naughty room was open with quite a few people who had to report there to open their luggage so that bottles of alcohol and wine could be removed by the staff.

]

On our last cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam, the naughty room was open with quite a few people who had to report there to open their luggage so that bottles of alcohol and wine could be removed by the staff.

I have to happily report I have never seen the 'naughty room' on HAL ships. I've read of it on other cruise lines but didn't think HAL also had such a room.

Where is it?

Right by the front desk.

We had issues over beverage cards and even the concierges could not get them straightened out and we had to go to the front desk.

The line was quite long and there were several crew members with those carts loaded with luggage. And people in line didn't look very happy.

I have to happily report I have never seen the 'naughty room' on HAL ships. I've read of it on other cruise lines but didn't think HAL also had such a room.

Where is it?

I got summoned to the room on a Statendam cruise last Fall. They pulled my suitcase and I had to open it in front of a security officer. It seems that the scan picked up the ULU knife that my DW so kindly packed in MY suitcase for the trip home (we were doing a sort of a back-to-back, changing ships in the process).

The security officer did not want to let me keep it, until I pointed out that I bought it on a HAL ship two days earlier (still had the tags on it).

Funny now, but not so much at the time (I was afraid my suitcase had gotten lost).

DaveOKC