neptune worth the upsell?

bigwhistle

We are still holding off. I told my TA that if it gets down to $100 per person we would do it. Since the SY is the 1st suite we have ever taken advantage of, even if we don't get to the Neptune we are in for much more space than our normal cruising.

I would be very surprised if they are not all snapped up.

If you succeed do let us know.

Have a great cruise

We are still holding off. I told my TA that if it gets down to $100 per person we would do it. Since the SY is the 1st suite we have ever taken advantage of, even if we don't get to the Neptune we are in for much more space than our normal cruising.

I have heard it's possible to get it at that low price. However, it will be slim pickings, I'm sure. Be ready to jump and don't complain if you get the one next to the glass elevator.;)

I would be very surprised if they are not all snapped up.

If you succeed do let us know.

Have a great cruise

I agree. At that low an upsell price, I'd be very surprised if people didn't grab them.

I'm not surprised at all. I believe that the reason that theses suites are so often offered as upsells is because the vast majority of passengers actually do not want them. I state this as no offence to any poster on this site who enjoys these suites, but after paying full price for a Neptune Suite myself, I would never go back to one. It would have to be a very low upsell amount to convince me to travel in one again. I have read numerous times of posters being offered these upsells at low prices and continue to turn them down. These cabins are just not that attractive to a lot of travellers.

I'm not surprised at all. I believe that the reason that theses suites are so often offered as upsells is because the vast majority of passengers actually do not want them. I state this as no offence to any poster on this site who enjoys these suites, but after paying full price for a Neptune Suite myself, I would never go back to one. It would have to be a very low upsell amount to convince me to travel in one again. I have read numerous times of posters being offered these upsells at low prices and continue to turn them down. These cabins are just not that attractive to a lot of travellers.

I sort of agree and disagree. I do like these suites but after my experience on the westy in April I'll be a little more reluctant to bite. I got a fairly reasonable upsell to a Neptune than the Pinnacle suite last Aug. It was wonderful. Fast forward to the westy this year. After 3 upsell offers the neptunes were still going for quite a premium. I wanted it so I did bite. It was a disappointment to put it mildly. If that had been my first time in the neptune I would have been turned off forever.

I agree. For a decent enough price, I'd sail in one again, but those who say either "you can't go back" or "you won't want to go back" are not speaking for me.

My next solo cruise is in an outside, for example.

We love the Signature suites and even if you don't take the upsell to the Neptune I think you will be very happy.

Last September for our Alaska cruise we were booked in a Signature suite and had an upsell offer of $149pp for a Neptune but passed on it-we have paid full price for Neptune suites before and (this may sound crazy) but we wanted others to have the opportunity to take the upsell as it was so reasonable. However, many must have passed on it as well because a few days later they came back again for a MUCH lower upsell and we snapped it up.:D Maybe it was karma for us passing it up the first time but the 2nd time around-no way, I was taking it! Loved every minute of it too.

Either way hope you love your cruise.

I think there could be a factor of very tight budgets at play as much people don't like the Neptune Suites. Understandably, given the current economy and hard times many have suffered, many cruisers are on a very tight budget. They figured exactly how much they can spend and the upsell amount, though reasonable, may be putting it over their budget?

We love the Signature suites and even if you don't take the upsell to the Neptune I think you will be very happy.

Last September for our Alaska cruise we were booked in a Signature suite and had an upsell offer of $149pp for a Neptune but passed on it-we have paid full price for Neptune suites before and (this may sound crazy) but we wanted others to have the opportunity to take the upsell as it was so reasonable. However, many must have passed on it as well because a few days later they came back again for a MUCH lower upsell and we snapped it up.:D Maybe it was karma for us passing it up the first time but the 2nd time around-no way, I was taking it! Loved every minute of it too.

Either way hope you love your cruise.

That sounds crazy, but on the other hand my DH thought the Neptune Suite we had on Maasdam was noisy. He could hear chairs being dragged around in the morning. He thought the Lanai's were quieter. Go figure.

That sounds crazy, but on the other hand my DH thought the Neptune Suite we had on Maasdam was noisy. He could hear chairs being dragged around in the morning. He thought the Lanai's were quieter. Go figure.

I won't book a cabin where we can hear chairs being dragged etc. There aren't many SA/SY cabins on Prinsendam that we can choose for that reason. We were upgraded on another line and had this issue. Not worth it to us!

I won't book a cabin where we can hear chairs being dragged etc. There aren't many SA/SY cabins on Prinsendam that we can choose for that reason. We were upgraded on another line and had this issue. Not worth it to us!

I'm just using your quote to reply to several. Frankly the NS on the signature ships are uninspiring.

We prefer the NL on ships like the Maasdam where the verandahs are significantly bigger and there is Los of room for a sail a way for many people.

The nicest NL in the fleet is on the Prinsendam IMO. The rooms are very well laid out and lots of room for company. The wood and walk in closets are fabulous. Like any room you do have to look at the deck plans but I know of no noise issues in Sa or SB on the EE. Frankly, SB category is better IMO.

Sadly, we will not be there this time unless the fairy visits us in a generous manner:p. now SY and SS on that ship like others do mean you look at deck plans. I think it behooves us all to do so. I don't anticipate any issues in our cabin and of course it and our comments will land at HALfacts

I agree, once you book a NL suite, it is not mandatory to keep doing it. It's nice, no question but it isn't mandatory to cruise :)

Edited by kazu