CB Chef's Table menu?

kendon

I've done three Chef's Tables. The hors d'oeuvres served in the galley were all different. I've had different risottos for appetizers. The main course has always been the same--medallions of beef, veal, and pork tenderloin served flambéed. I've read of other main courses, but nothing different reported lately. The desserts have all been different.

I've done three Chef's Tables. The hors d'oeuvres served in the galley were all different. I've had different risottos for appetizers. The main course has always been the same--medallions of beef, veal, and pork tenderloin served flambéed. I've read of other main courses, but nothing different reported lately. The desserts have all been different.

If my traveling companion is a vegetarian would they make her a meal so we could partake in the chef's table or is this just something we shouldn't consider?

Any experiences?

I've had that entree twice & the other 2 times it was lobster tail, scallops & filet mignon which I preferred. That was nearly 4 years ago & as you said may no longer be an option.

If my traveling companion is a vegetarian would they make her a meal so we could partake in the chef's table or is this just something we shouldn't consider?

Any experiences?

All you can do is ask - if she is vegetarian and not vegan, it should not be too difficult for the chef to come up with a few delicious options.

Any experiences?

I asked the F&B officers when I was on board a few weeks ago this exact question - they said it is no problem - everything is made ala cart and thus if someone has specific problems / requests they will do everything to accommodate.

We've done it half a dozen times, the entrée was repeated a few times, there was some duplication of appetizers, but there was always also something different. The risotto was varied, the sorbet with Grey Goose came in different flavors, and the desserts - always interesting and very different. The things that were always the same - more wine than we could drink, more food than we could eat, cookbook, rose, photo.......lovely evening.

I asked the F&B officers when I was on board a few weeks ago this exact question - they said it is no problem - everything is made ala cart and thus if someone has specific problems / requests they will do everything to accommodate.

They don't accomodate diabetics - just had to sit and watch everyone else work around their spun sugar deserts. Good for the diet as I'd enjoyed everything else though so missing out on desert wasn't the end of the world. When I said I was a diabetic I was told they wouldn't be able to do anything so if I didn't want to go that was fine. Interesting I didn't even get the option of the sugar free desert that was on that night.

Anyone have the recent Chef's Table menu for the Caribbean Princess? We've done it several years ago and wondering if it is different.

As previously mentioned, there is no set menu, you are at the mercy of the Executive Chef! But it will be good! WhAt recent cruisers have had on their Chef's Table could be very different from what will be served at yours.

We did it in February 2013 with Chef Antonia Cereda. We have been fortunate enough to also be included on the Emerald once with Chef Guissepe, whom I though was fabulous. Come to find Chef Cereda was his mentor. Dinner was fabulous, lots of goodies, but main course was osso bucco and chateaubriand. There was a seafood assortment as well. The Chef really outdid himself.

We did it in February 2013 with Chef Antonia Cereda. We have been fortunate enough to also be included on the Emerald once with Chef Guissepe, whom I though was fabulous. Come to find Chef Cereda was his mentor. Dinner was fabulous, lots of goodies, but main course was osso bucco and chateaubriand. There was a seafood assortment as well. The Chef really outdid himself.

Quick question-

Are the wine pairings included in the cost of the chefs table?

Quick question-

Wine pairings are included in the cost of the CT & in the past they have reduced the cost by $15 per person if someone does not drink the wine. My experience has been they begin with champagne with the hors d'oeuvres in the galley, white wine with the risotto and red wine with the entrée & think they also had dessert wine.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Quick question-

They are also very nice wines and well paired with the foods. Plus the staff is very generous with the pours. Don't feel you have to ration your glass of champagne in the kitchen ;)

They are also very nice wines and well paired with the foods. Plus the staff is very generous with the pours. Don't feel you have to ration your glass of champagne in the kitchen ;)
If you are not careful, you can be overserved with Champagne before you leave the Galley :eek: We have only experienced two Chef's Tables and the entrees were different. At our first CT one person was a vegetarian and she was well accommodated. This may be the exception. At the other CT we were told that there was not a vegetarian option. I would not assume that a vegetarian would be accommodated but sign up and ask the Maître 'd. At our second CT, the chef, John Convery was pouring the Grey Goose into the sorbet which is served in a martini glass. He apparently couldn't hear the word stop and was filling the glasses almost to the rim.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here's a picture of the menu from April 21 of 2014 prepared by Exec Chef Antonio Cereda. Hope this helps.

If the pic isn't visible…here's the menu.

Appetizers:

Broiled Spring Lamb Chop flavored with Balsamic Reduction

Ahi Red Tuna Tartare with Wasabi and Daikon Sprouts

Cold Water Maine Lobster Margarita with Avocado

Black Tiger Shrimp Panko Bread Coated

Roasted New Potatoes with Sour Cream and Caviar

First Course:

Gnocchi Gratinati alla Parigina with Black Truffle

Palate Cleanser:

Florida Citrus Sorbet with Mango Slaw

Main:

Roast Veal Shank and Black Angus Beef Tenderloin (carved table side)

Today's Fresh Premium Market Vegetables

Mushrooms and Roast Potatoes

Cheese:

Baked Brie De Meaux with Pine Nuts, Port Wine Reduction

Walnut Bread and Brioche

Dessert:

Tower of Calvados Infused White Chocolate Mousse

Cranberry Mirror Apple Caviar & Wild Blueberry Sorbet

Coffee or Tea with Chef Antonio

Homemade Patisserie Biscotti & Amaretti

1072824673_2014-07-2018_50_31.jpg.47ad2395c62c4b08ee8e5c73621de1e3.jpg

Edited by brentlym