Can I buy a single bottle of water onboard?

We sail on Vision on 8/14, and have been pondering drink packages. Wifey wants me to buy the water package, but there's no way I see us plowing through 8 1-liter bottles of water in four days, and at nearly 30 bucks, that just seems wasteful - So... even at what are sure to be rip-off prices, is there a way for me to buy single bottles of water on board?

We sail on Vision on 8/14, and have been pondering drink packages. Wifey wants me to buy the water package, but there's no way I see us plowing through 8 1-liter bottles of water in four days, and at nearly 30 bucks, that just seems wasteful - So... even at what are sure to be rip-off prices, is there a way for me to buy single bottles of water on board?

Yes, they sell the same 1L size as is in the water package. Something like $4. Better to bring some onboard if you can.

You could pick up a 6 or 12 pack before you board and carry it on with you. Would probably be less than one single bottle bought on board and although their official ruling is that its not allowed, its VERY rarely enforced.

Edited by ryano

You could pick up a 6 or 12 pack before you board and carry it on with you. Would probably be less than one single bottle bought on board and although their official ruling is that its not allowed, its VERY rarely enforced.

I've read back and forth on how some people got on with water, and some didn't. Crazy how it depends on the people there if they will let it go through or not!

I figure I'll try to bring some on, and if they don't, then I'll buy a single bottle or two to carry around and re-fill. I will also have a re-usable one, but I don't like to have it with me ALL the time...I want something I can throw away any time I'm too lazy to take the other one back to my room haha.

I've read back and forth on how some people got on with water, and some didn't. Crazy how it depends on the people there if they will let it go through or not!

I think its mostly enforced at some ports during spring break. Thats all Ive read about it on here anyway. I have only 3 RCI cruises but havent had any problems at Port canaveral or Tampa with carrying on a little water or soda.

Ive found the ships water to be as good as bottled water so I no longer carry it on. I do carry on a few sodas though.

Edited by ryano

Or, you can bring your own empty water bottle and refill it when you need it. That's what we do. Transfer from water glasses in the Windjammer, usually.

Thats exactly what we do. I bought one of those individual brita water bottles, $2.00 at Walmart. I did the water package on my first cruise, I drank alot of water.