Movies onboard in Alaska

1153rsmith

We are sailing the Island Princess on 9/3/14 and were curious as to what movies might be showing.

Can someone who has recently been on any of the Alaskan ships please tell me what movies were shown on your cruise?

They ought to show John Wayne's North To Alaska and the Call of the Wild on every cruise. :D

we were on the coral in may, so perhaps the movies will change on your cruise, but maybe it will give you an idea:

MUTS:

coldplay concert

saving mr banks

tina turner concert

billy joel concert

captain phillips

mamma mia

the secret life of walter mitty

jack ryan: shadow recruit

the hunger games: catching fire

pavarotti concert

indoors:

gravity

american hustle

her

Edited by sjmbruce

I cannot believe they are still showing the Tina Turner concert! That was showing a couple years ago! :eek::rolleyes:

Yes, but I love it on the big screen with big sound:). That Tina! Proud Mary is always fantastic:). Enjoy:)

Just off the Star two weeks ago. Movies were Draft Day, Non-Stop, Grand Budapest Hotel, Mr. Banks, Gravity, Jack Reacher (at least 10 times in various venues), Wizard of Oz, Mama Mia (always a hoot). Frozen was done in Princess Theater with a sing along! We hit the new release rotation--it was great!

msk1

Just off the Star two weeks ago. Movies were Draft Day, Non-Stop, Grand Budapest Hotel, Mr. Banks, Gravity, Jack Reacher (at least 10 times in various venues), Wizard of Oz, Mama Mia (always a hoot). Frozen was done in Princess Theater with a sing along! We hit the new release rotation--it was great!

msk1

Thanks for mentioning "Gravity". It is fabulous on the big screen under an open sky. One can feel a part of space, while watching.

Do try "Gravity" on MUTS.

Sandra Bullock is fantastic, and when you see the movie, you will know the part I mean:)

Enjoy!

Thanks for mentioning "Gravity". It is fabulous on the big screen under an open sky. One can feel a part of space' date=' while watching.

Do try "Gravity" on MUTS.

Sandra Bullock is fantastic, and when you see the movie, you will know the part I mean:)

Enjoy![/quote']

I hope it is still playing by the time we cruise! (probably unlikely though :()

We returned yesterday from the 7/23 sailing on Island Princess.

The ones I remember seeing (my Patters are still packed!): Gravity, Divergence, Grand Budapest Hotel (I think this was only in the theatre, but I could be wrong), Jack Reacher, Captain America, Mama Mia and Frozen (sing along).

If I recall correctly, they did list some of the movies for MUTS in the email they sent about 1-2 weeks prior to the cruise.

Edited by reney313

• 5 months later...
I cannot believe they are still showing the Tina Turner concert! That was showing a couple years ago! :eek::rolleyes:

Considering the average Princess passenger prolly doesn't listen to any rock music made in the 21st century - much less hip-hop or EDM - not surprising at all.

By the way, when docked in Alaskan ports, MUTS only shows silents. I remember seeing the Chaney Phantom of the Opera a few years back. Much better without the ALW songs...

Gravity was being shown last Feb on the CB out of Houston... Would have thought newer movies would be on by now. Feels like a bit of cutting back is happening on movie releases....

Yea, they're pretty slow to react to the new flicks and their choices are also very generic at times. Eliminate the extreme violence, nudity and language (especially on MUTS) and you're not left with that many choices. I'd bet the that 90% of the movies that were shown last Feb on the CB are still being shown from time to time. Sad.