Booked? Call to see if price went down!

Carol28

I'm a happy girl. Last night I checked the roll call again for our Thanksgiving cruise. This particular roll call is not active. However, the last few missives suggested that there had been a drop in rates, so I called my TA. Online, my rate dropped only $60.00, but this TA (mine is off this weekend) asked the Princess agent if there were any other better deals. And, as reported on the roll call, I saved $240.00!

From now on, I'm going to ask my TA to ask if there are any other deals around. Good luck and thank you Cruise Critic folk!

that's great! but....I hate bothering my ta. i don't want to keep calling her to check just in case. I sure wish the website would have shown you this. however, congratulations to you!

that's great! but....I hate bothering my ta. i don't want to keep calling her to check just in case. I sure wish the website would have shown you this. however, congratulations to you!

Sounds to me like the OP actually called the TA to get the $60 price drop and was (very) pleasantly surprised to find that the TA got an even better price drop. I don't consider this "bothering" the TA at all.

i agree thrak, but i don't like that there was another reduction of some sort that couldn't be seen....unless the ta threw in some as well. that's possible but why didn't they do it before?

I was reading the roll call of our cruise. Several other passengers indicated the price drop so I saw a $60 price drop on my TA's website and called.

I can't tell from looking at the Princess website if there would be a difference in my cost as my TA discounts nicely in the first place.

We were able to upgrade Thursday to a Deluxe balcony from a regular balcony for a price reduction of $162 and more OBC!!! It pays to call your TA. This was for our March 2015 cruise on the Royal.

On the other hand, our balcony for the Star to Mexico in October went up $300. :eek:

Cheers, Denise.

I keep checking for price drops but our Mexico cruise is already $50/pp lower than the lowest price Princess has ever had on their site. I called my TA a month or so ago to get a reduction to the price that is now showing as it's less than what we booked for but, when he rebooked us, it was at an even lower price.

I checked my pricing today and my obstructed oceanview cabin went from $799 pp to $649 pp. Wow! The listed rate was originally $999 pp so I am way ahead. I can't believe we are cruising for less than $100 per day! :D

I checked on the price shown on Princess's website at least once a week from February 14 until last payment day in June 2014 for our August Alaskan cruise and saved a total of $900 on the booking just by asking our TA for the lower price when it dropped each (3) time. I just emailed him and asked about it and he never made me feel it was any trouble for him. However, I don't feel that he was monitoring it for me. He did say that he always checks for lower fares right at final payment day but in my case he would have missed them because the price had gone back up at that point. So, watch for fare drops or sign up for notification yourselves. Also, if your TA acts like its too much trouble to ask for fare reductions, find another TA!!