timing of private tours

TAC1582

I'm booked on a cruise for next April (Istanbul to Rome). I was looking at booking some private tours. I've only been on one cruise previously and none to Greece/Italy. In general, at what time might I expect to be ashore if the itinerary says that we are to arrive at ports at 11 AM or 8 AM? Would it matter if we are docked or tendered? Thanks

It matters a great deal if docked or tendered. If docked you can USUALLY expect to be off the ship within a half hour docking time, as long as everything os on schedule. If tendered, depending on your cabin type and status in Le Club Voyage, it may take about an hour after anchoring to get ashore, sometimes longer.

I organized many private tours and we were always able to be among the first off whether we tendered or not.

Private operators understand the docking procedures so if you tell them when you are due to dock they will plan accordingly.

Thanks. I certainly don't have any points or status. I will work with the guide.

I've never heard about loyalty club status having an influence on when you can board a tender.

I've never heard about loyalty club status having an influence on when you can board a tender.

It does have a small amount of influence on Celebrity as certain levels are given priority tendering tickets and on large ships in ports like Santorini where the cruiseline has no control over the tendering process (so they cannot put extra tenders down at peak time) priority status can give you a benefit of over an hour over those who have to line up for tender ticket then wait for their tickets to be called

Azamara being a small ship does not have these issues. Sometimes there is a form of priority that the ships own excursions are given priority but where this has happened, it is often that they board at a different tender platform but even where it has not the impact has been minimal.

I would not worry too much about the time to get off the ship and just work with our tour operator to choose what you want