Ferry Boat not Queen

Jimsgirl

In future I'll be careful not to book any voyage where two-day or three-day short runs are tacked on. Especially out of Hamburg!

What a nice friendly read. :)

I plan on using the Hamburg segment to my advantage. I love Hamburg, so rather than stay on for the short tack ons, I'd rather spend 4 days in Hamburg....and re board for the sail back to NY with Southampton being a wonderful port day. For me, it's the perfect trip. ;)

... I plan on using the Hamburg segment to my advantage. I love Hamburg,
Hi brigittetom,

A great city, the people are VERY friendly, welcoming and helpful. Every visit is better than the last. It is made so special by the canals, rivers and lakes.

... so rather than stay on for the short tack ons, I'd rather spend 4 days in Hamburg....and re board for the sail back to NY with Southampton being a wonderful port day. For me, it's the perfect trip. ;)
Couldn't agree more. On my next QM2 visit to Hamburg I intend to do exactly as you suggest above, and stay in the city for a few days, and to see the surrounding area, while QM2 is in Norway.

Best wishes, :)

Edited by pepperrn

Hi brigittetom,

On my next QM2 visit to Hamburg I intend to do exactly as you suggest above, and stay in the city for a few days, and to see the surrounding area, while QM2 is in Norway.

QM2 has the perfect trip leaving NY on 10/28. An October and November crossing sounds like a good ride. :)

My, you people are such experts!

No matter where the three Queens were built or are flagged or owned, they are not Lithuanian or French, etc., they are English in tone. Look at the damn art. Deal with it. Stop being "too cute." And stop hollaring about the Germans.

Nobody is being cute. You need to learn that English and British are not synonymous. Before QM2 was flagged out to Bermuda she was a British ship - never an English one, no matter what the "tone"!

Go figure

J

Nobody is being cute. You need to learn that English and British are not synonymous. Before QM2 was flagged out to Bermuda she was a British ship - never an English one, no matter what the "tone"!

I found a lot of scottish symptoms on the ship, not only on Burn's Day. But it certanly lacks irish and welsh marks.

Hi brigittetom,

A great city, the people are VERY friendly, welcoming and helpful. Every visit is better than the last. It is made so special by the canals, rivers and lakes. Couldn't agree more. On my next QM2 visit to Hamburg I intend to do exactly as you suggest above, and stay in the city for a few days, and to see the surrounding area, while QM2 is in Norway.

Quite agree, Hamburg is a Great City, however Norway is fantastic also.

Just a shame that the Bierhaus Zillertal in Hamburg's Reeperbahn is no longer.

Quite agree, Hamburg is a Great City, however Norway is fantastic also.

Just a shame that the Bierhaus Zillertal in Hamburg's Reeperbahn is no longer.

No, it is now a temporary installation on QM2 during the short trips via Hamburg. It's called Kings Court now:D

Addict, would you kindly put some statistics from reputable sources to back up these claims. As a retired police officer, who never fired his service weapon except on the shooting range, I find such statements to be a bit silly. There are, of course, people and societies that are unreasonable fearful of things they do not understand, like guns, nuclear power and terciary recovery methods for oil production.

Yesterday, Ferguson Missouri. I have no words for this.

I'd be happy to loose if you could confirm ZERO but now it is not funny at all.

@ cunardaddict:

unfortunately the pm function does not work.

I understand that you are trying to prove a point, but:

1. It's getting annoying and silly

2. You are beating the same simple clichees that you complained in the Hamburg short cruise thread about.

3. You don't have to reply to each single post

Best from someone who lives in Hamburg - does not share all the prejudices about the "ugly" germans but also not those about the "gun-crazy" yanks!

Please relax yourself and let it go. You are totally on the wrong track here

Edited by Yoshikitty

@ cunardaddict:

unfortunately the pm function does not work.

I understand that you are trying to prove a point, but:

1. It's getting annoying and silly

2. You are beating the same simple clichees that you complained in the Hamburg short cruise thread about.

3. You don't have to reply to each single post

Best from someone who lives in Hamburg - does not share all the prejudices about the "ugly" germans but also not those about the "gun-crazy" yanks!

Please relax yourself and let it go. You are totally on the wrong track here

I know:D