BOGO Sale!!

ronbarb

Difficult to comment on what your TA is doing but when we looked at the cruise we've just booked, the pricing for a V3 balcony, including the reduced and free flights, transfers etc. came to just over £6K. The pricing now for a V2 balcony was £5,250 all told. I have noticed some UK TA websites prices don't seem to be properly reflecting the offer.

Our TA is yet to change the prices, we have been waiting. Trouble is the price for a balcony, flights and transfers on the one we are interested in is £1999pp pre sale, the price on the Azamara site for balcony (no flights or transfers) is £2492 person one and £1246 person two.

Unless our TA is going to have some kind of special deal that will show lower than their current offers, there is currently no difference once you add flights and transfers.

It only leaves £262 for us the buy flights/transfers, which is unlikely to be enough to bring it up to pre sale prices.

Shall have to wait and see what happens and what offer is next ;)

Yvonne:)

We have for the first time in a long while booked out two years ahead with two 2016 cruises. Time will tell if we have done the right thing booking this offer but the prices look good and at least this offer includes suites which the double upgrade offers don't.

At least we know if a better offer comes along we are able to make one change free of charge as we are Discoverer level (soon to be Discoverer + with whatever that brings).

So this offer has worked for us, and of course Azamara:cool:

Hello Carol and John,

I am Discoverer Plus and was unaware that a cruise change could be made free of charge. This is very relevant to me as I am considering cancelling a future Journey cruise as I need knee surgery.

Could you tell me if this applies for cruises booked both direct and with Travel Agents or perhaps it only applies to this promotion?

Your advice would be appreciated

Hello Carol and John,

I am Discoverer Plus and was unaware that a cruise change could be made free of charge. This is very relevant to me as I am considering cancelling a future Journey cruise as I need knee surgery.

Could you tell me if this applies for cruises booked both direct and with Travel Agents or perhaps it only applies to this promotion?

We were told by the LCV Hostess that it may be possible to negotiate changing a cruise booking without paying a cancellation fee. However, I think this completely at the discretion of Azamara and not part of the cruise contract per se. Regardless of Loyalty status or whether your cruise was booked through a TA or not, I doubt that you would be able to cancel without paying the cancellation fee. If you have cancellation insurance, perhaps the fee would be covered for medical reasons.

We have Discover status and tried to have our Jan 2015 cruise booking adjusted to reflect a lower price being offered under the current BOGO promotion. Azamara advised our TA that we would have to cancel the booking we made in Feb, pay the cancellation fee, and then rebook the same cruise under the new promotion. In doing so, we would lose any credits, including a Future Cruise Credit that we had applied to this cruise, as they are not transferable to the new booking.

Best bet is for you or your TA to call Azamara for clarification.

Hello Carol and John,

This applies to changes only not cancelation but you can change to a different cruise so you can change for example to a 2016 cruise from a 2015 cruise. We have mainly changed cruises that have been booked with TA's although we did recently have Guatemala insist that the £35pp change fee had to be paid but once queried with Richard the very helpful Azamara UK

Managing Director it was refunded.

This also applies to Celebrity and we have used it cross brands, last year we changed an Eclipse cruise to a Journey cruise with no problems at all. You are only allowed one free change apparently but at only £35 pp for subsequent changes it's certainly better than some other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This applies to changes only not cancelation but you can change to a different cruise so you can change for example to a 2016 cruise from a 2015 cruise. We have mainly changed cruises that have been booked with TA's although we did recently have Guatemala insist that the £35pp change fee had to be paid but once queried with Richard the very helpful Azamara UK

Managing Director it was refunded.

This also applies to Celebrity and we have used it cross brands, last year we changed an Eclipse cruise to a Journey cruise with no problems at all. You are only allowed one free change apparently but at only £35 pp for subsequent changes it's certainly better than some other cruise lines.

This is very helpful. Thank you.

We were told by the LCV Hostess that it may be possible to negotiate changing a cruise booking without paying a cancellation fee. However, I think this completely at the discretion of Azamara and not part of the cruise contract per se. Regardless of Loyalty status or whether your cruise was booked through a TA or not, I doubt that you would be able to cancel without paying the cancellation fee. If you have cancellation insurance, perhaps the fee would be covered for medical reasons.

We have Discover status and tried to have our Jan 2015 cruise booking adjusted to reflect a lower price being offered under the current BOGO promotion. Azamara advised our TA that we would have to cancel the booking we made in Feb, pay the cancellation fee, and then rebook the same cruise under the new promotion. In doing so, we would lose any credits, including a Future Cruise Credit that we had applied to this cruise, as they are not transferable to the new booking.

We have just changed, via our TA, our booking made earlier this year on the $1000 off promotion to the BOGOHO promotion with no problem at all, we did upgrade from a VX to an N2 but we could have kept our VX and taken the saving. Fortunately we have a TA that understands Azamara better than the staff in Guatemala and has a good relationship with Azamara UK.

We have just changed, via our TA, our booking made earlier this year on the $1000 off promotion to the BOGOHO promotion with no problem at all, we did upgrade from a VX to an N2 but we could have kept our VX and taken the saving. Fortunately we have a TA that understands Azamara better than the staff in Guatemala and has a good relationship with Azamara UK.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will ask my TA to press the issue. Just does not seem right that those passengers who booked today would pay less than those of us who booked early. Especially does not seem fair that we would lose the Future Cruise Credit given to us in compensation for the interruption of our cruise this past Feb.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will ask my TA to press the issue. Just does not seem right that those passengers who booked today would pay less than those of us who booked early. Especially does not seem fair that we would lose the Future Cruise Credit given to us in compensation for the interruption of our cruise this past Feb.

Certainly does not seem right that you would lose your Future Cruise Credit maybe it's a misinterpretation of non-transferable which we would take to mean that you could not transfer the credit to a third party.

Of course terms and conditions change market to market in the US I believe it's possible to cancel bookings with just a small penalty whilst in the UK we lose the entire deposit which is now £250 pp.

The $1000 off promotion did not seem to translate at all, when we booked all balcony cabins were the same price be it a VX or a V3, so the actual discount varied and bore no relation to $1000 at all.

Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Interestingly, the base price for a cruise next autumn now quoted on the website appears to be lower than that provided on board last week.

So it appears to be a genuine saving and we'll take advantage of it.

Glad it worked out well for you Nordski !

In the US you can switch cruises before final payment and no cancelation fee is charged.

We booked the Great Barrier Reef Voyage on Azamara Quest with the BOHO deal. Our TA got us a good reduction on the old price it worked out at 24% discount on the prices in June for a Veranda.

Can't remember if this cruise was included in the double upgrade.

Edited by Framwith

Just booked a 32 day B2B for 2016 on Quest -Singapore to Athens - under the BOGOHO. Pre offer prices were increased 5% compared to a few weeks back but still ended up with 25% discount on current price. Very happy with what we have - we've been looking at this itinerary for a couple of years and I think we snagged ourselves a bargain. Our first Az cruise and first suite - mid-ships to boot. Excitement kicked in already.

We booked through a TV based TA in the UK on 1 August from prices quoted before the discount. Our stateroom has dropped by £985 on the Azamara website but TA is telling me the "discount" was already included by Azamara (before going onto their own website?). Who would have thought I can arrange a holiday at least £600 cheaper than a "professional"! Live & learn.

I would like to know if i book during the BOGOHO promotion, will i have the discount for B2B cruise on top of that. I will be on Azamara Journey in 2 weeks and planned to book onboard.

I would like to know if i book during the BOGOHO promotion, will i have the discount for B2B cruise on top of that. I will be on Azamara Journey in 2 weeks and planned to book onboard.

Booked my B2B on the BOGOHO and got the discount for each leg

IATA and Others,

The current BOGOHO 50% off 2nd guest is combinable with back to back voyages, onboard savings and loyalty savings.

This is a very valuable offer, so we hope you are able to find the voyages and staterooms for your future holiday.

Thank you, Azamara.

IATA and Others,

The current BOGOHO 50% off 2nd guest is combinable with back to back voyages, onboard savings and loyalty savings.

This is a very valuable offer, so we hope you are able to find the voyages and staterooms for your future holiday.

Thank you, Azamara.

Could you tell me what loyalty savings are please?

Spursgirl,

The launch of the new loyalty program will be announced on 1st Sept. Communications will be sent directly to all loyalty members. The details of the savings will be included in the announcement.

Thank you, Azamara.

Spursgirl,

The launch of the new loyalty program will be announced on 1st Sept. Communications will be sent directly to all loyalty members. The details of the savings will be included in the announcement.

Thank you, Azamara.

Thank you Joel,

It sounds as if it could be good news for those of us who sail regularly on Azamara

But here's what confounds me... I check the Azamara "Savings For Singles" list on the website frequently as Bonnie suggested [on advice from Miami], some months ago in a related thread to which I and interested others contributed, that the list for 2015 would be augmented... As recently as a few minutes ago [and I'd looked last week], there are six cruises on Quest during 2015 [perhaps including back-to-back opportunities; I didn't look at the itineraries and they may indeed be in Asia] that you cite above [01/05, 01/20, 02/03, 02/17, 03/05, and 03/21] that do not appear as featuring a reduced single supplement on the website!

Thought you would want to know that--with three weeks having now passed since we exchanged posts relative to the incomplete "Savings For Singles" list on the Azamara website--the roster of eligible sailings has still not been updated as a result of your follow-up...

Hello Spursgirl and others,

Regarding the new Le Club Voyage program, just a bit more patience as everything is on schedule to launch 1st Sept. We can tell you, the program is very un-cruise tradition, it is unlike other cruise brands and we like it that way. You know we are different, not your traditional cruise brand, the new loyalty program will reflect this.

We ask that you have a open mind to changes that at the end will add significant value to our loyal customers.

Thank you, Azamara.