LIVE - Caribbean Princess, Aug. 2, 2014

geoherb

Great updates! Unfortunately now our trip in January seemed painfully too far away!!! LOL.

Just by chance did you know anything about your cabin steward? If he was on the Ruby in January 2012? Just an outside chance it would be the same Jeffrey we had.

Who is Bert?

Bert Stratton....a long time Princess entertainer who sings and plays piano, usually in Crooners. I certainly don't mean to disparage those who like Bert. He's either a you love him or you hate him kind of entertainer, and there are certainly lots of folks who love him. I'm just part of the other camp and will gladly let those who go the other way have my seat at Crooners. He's just not my style.

To the OP, glad you're having a good time and take good care of the CB for me! :)

I don't know. I'll never be up there early to find out in person, but I'll try to ask one of the fitness instructors if I see one. I did not go this morning since DH was willing to walk laps on the Promenade Deck.

Thanks, Caribill, for the info.

Seababe: I believe Captain Yeomans is staying on for at least one more cruise. The Chef Cereda is the head chef.

Rumor has it that the passenger who went overboard jumped and that he will be put off in St. Thomas tomorrow. None of the officers who were at the meet and greet this morning confirmed this info publicly.

We enjoyed a relaxing lunch in the dining room with our tablemates from our spring break cruise on the Ruby Princess. It was good to catch up with them again. Afterward we played jeopardized trivia with a couple whom we sat beside at yesterday morning’s trivia. Our regular teammate did not show up. We did fairly well, but bet too conservatively on the final question. We would have won if we had bet it all. I was hoping that the final question was going to be difficult. I knew several other teams had more money than we did going into the final question. One problem was there were a ton of teams and the trivia was running over schedule by about 20 minutes. The people there for line dancing were getting antsy. When we’ve played before, the leading teams had to tell how much they were going to bet before the answer was revealed. We could have cheated and added more to our wager but the water bottles they had for prizes weren’t worth cheating for.

I finally ate a piece of pizza by the Neptune Pool. They were doing the battle of the sexes bar wars up there. After all my Princess cruises I know not to be disappointed that the margherita pizza isn’t served as advertised. They never have fresh basil on top of it. And yet I always am disappointed. It would be easy to buy enough fresh basil to serve on it or else change the description on the menu. One of these days I hope they get it right either way. It’s not as bad as when Holland America described a dish by Marcus Samuelsson on the menu as including collards and they substituted cabbage. Why bother having celebrity chefs create menu items if you’re not going to follow their recipes?

We have a few minutes to relax until the next trivia contest. I have our bottle of champagne from yesterday chilling to take back. I hope our teammate shows up to enjoy it with us. If not, we’ll probably find a few folks willing to drink cheap champagne.

I am enjoying following your posts. Of course I happen to pick up on the fact that someone jumped overboard. I don't see where anyone else reacted to that part of your post. Was he found safely ? I know you said he probably would be taken off in St. Thomas but I'm not sure how he was taken off.. Haven't heard of a suicide on board for a while. Glad the weather is not affecting your journey. We will be sailing on a Caribbean Princess September 6. We just sailed her July 5. Thanks for all the info.. Someone mentioned that Burt Stratton may also be appearing in crooners on this trip? Can you confirm that? Thanks again..Loretta

Boynton Beach Florida

Ps never mind... Already confirmed..:)

Edited by Lostincruisin

I can only hope that Captain Tony will still be on for the rest of the month. We're doing 9 days beginning the 23rd, and it would be such a treat to see him again.

He is one of the most personable and delightful Captains that Princess has.

Bert Stratton....a long time Princess entertainer who sings and plays piano, usually in Crooners. I certainly don't mean to disparage those who like Bert. He's either a you love him or you hate him kind of entertainer, and there are certainly lots of folks who love him. I'm just part of the other camp and will gladly let those who go the other way have my seat at Crooners. He's just not my style.

To the OP, glad you're having a good time and take good care of the CB for me! :)

Thank you. He doesn't sound like our cup of tea.We are more into musicians rather than vocalists really.

Seems my husband and I are the only ones not fond of Captain Yeomans:o. Each to their own hey?

Great updates! Unfortunately now our trip in January seemed painfully too far away!!! LOL.

Just by chance did you know anything about your cabin steward? If he was on the Ruby in January 2012? Just an outside chance it would be the same Jeffrey we had.

Yes he was on the Ruby two years ago. He is a little freaked out by Cruise Critic.

We had a wonderful day in St. Thomas. We took the little ferry from the marina to Water Island. We rode the free shuttle provided by Dingy's and enjoyed the beautiful beach, sparkling clear water, a few rum drinks, and jerked chicken sandwich.

We had room for a couple of sandwiches from the international cafe when we came back to the ship early afternoon. I won two bottles of champagne in ring toss. We came in second in trivia. It was a very hard set of questions. The winning team had 12 right and we had 11.

Right now we are enjoying the view from Skywalkers, along with brezza marinas.

You have to admit that Bert ("with an e") attracts a huge crowd. Seen him so many times. Can take him in small doses. He has a smile like Jim Carey.

Edited by kendon

Yes he was on the Ruby two years ago. He is a little freaked out by Cruise Critic.

We had a wonderful day in St. Thomas. We took the little ferry from the marina to Water Island. We rode the free shuttle provided by Dingy's and enjoyed the beautiful beach, sparkling clear water, a few rum drinks, and jerked chicken sandwich.

Sounds like a great day!

Last thing I want to do is freak him out. If it's the same cabin steward as I'm thinking of you should have great service.

We are enjoying your live thread, 11 days until our Caribbean Princess cruise. :)

If that's the August 16th cruise, my DH and I, and SIL & BIL will be on it too! First cruise for SIL and BIL so hoping for good weather and a great cruise.

OP, enjoying your review. Thanks for taking time to do it while you're cruising.

If that's the August 16th cruise, my DH and I, and SIL & BIL will be on it too! First cruise for SIL and BIL so hoping for good weather and a great cruise.

We will be traveling this itinerary on the 16th and this really helped build up my excitement! Thanks for sharing!!

Looks like a few of us on the 8/16 cruise are following this thread....the DW and I will be with you as well :)