A few thoughts from our week on Caribbean Princess

CATGUY7

From what you and others have said, it seems like Princess is finally making sure that all of the maintenance items that had built up are being corrected. I spoke to Customer Relations after a series of issues we experienced with a CB suite in May and was told that the CB was a top topic at senior management meetings given the high number of complaints received. So it's good to hear that they have taken the feedback to heart and have fixed what was broken. Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Maybe they can turn their attention to Sea Princess now. :cool:

From what you and others have said, it seems like Princess is finally making sure that all of the maintenance items that had built up are being corrected. I spoke to Customer Relations after a series of issues we experienced with a CB suite in May and was told that the CB was a top topic at senior management meetings given the high number of complaints received. So it's good to hear that they have taken the feedback to heart and have fixed what was broken. Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

It was very apparent two weeks ago that someone at corporate has the CB in mind. I have mentioned that after six times on the ship with continuing overall decline in housekeeping and general maintenance, this past cruise was completely different. Guys all over polishing, chipping, painting, cleaning, etc.. Service was tops and plenty of crew around to help.

Thank you Princess for a great cruise experience on the Caribbean Princess!

Didn't you eat any breakfasts at Sabatini? That was the perk I likied best in a suite. And we will be in one on CB next month.

With a 13 year old boy along, either we couldn't get the whole family ready to go in time, or we had an excursion scheduled too early and were afraid we might miss it if we dined there. And that was the one thing I really wanted to do. But we did use room service - our cabin steward brought us a special menu which included omelettes and pancakes. They didn't always arrive piping hot, but always included everything we asked for.

Thanks for all your positive reports!

I'm glad you had a good cruise especially after you had to return to port right after leaving for the medical emergency. I hope the lady was OK.

I've never cruised Princess. So I'm enjoying reading all I can about her before I sail!

Cheryl

Thanks for all your positive reports!

I'm glad you had a good cruise especially after you had to return to port right after leaving for the medical emergency. I hope the lady was OK.

I've never cruised Princess. So I'm enjoying reading all I can about her before I sail!

Cheryl

We never heard anything about the emergency, so I hope so too. I really hope you have a terrific cruise too!

Thank you to the OP for your encouraging words and candid review.

My wife and I will be enjoying the CB (first time on her) next February and will be in the same suite you had for your cruise.

A couple questions?

1. Did you get a complimentary dinner in one of the speciality dining restaurants for your first night aboard?

2. Did you happen to try out the Thermal Suite as a one of the perks of being in a suite?

Happy Cruising!

Thank you to the OP for your encouraging words and candid review.

My wife and I will be enjoying the CB (first time on her) next February and will be in the same suite you had for your cruise.

A couple questions?

1. Did you get a complimentary dinner in one of the speciality dining restaurants for your first night aboard?

2. Did you happen to try out the Thermal Suite as a one of the perks of being in a suite?

Happy Cruising!

We did get the complementary dinner the first night - we went to Crown Grill and enjoyed it immensely. Our waiter was great. He knew our son couldn't decide between the pork chop and the lobster, so he brought him both. He brought all our sides family style, so we all got to try them. The fries were fantastic! A bit garlicky, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. We have dined at Sabatini's on the Emerald, and it was fine, but Crown Grill was wonderful.

I cannot believe we forgot the thermal suite. There are so many things to do in a week - we really should have planned a little better. We have used it before, on other ships, and it is so relaxing. It is so warm, though, so since the weather was so warm each day, it didn't even cross our minds.

I have pictures of the suite if you would like to see the beams, the balcony or the room.

I hope your cruise is great. The anticipation is half the fun!

We did get the complementary dinner the first night - we went to Crown Grill and enjoyed it immensely. Our waiter was great. He knew our son couldn't decide between the pork chop and the lobster, so he brought him both. He brought all our sides family style, so we all got to try them. The fries were fantastic! A bit garlicky, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. We have dined at Sabatini's on the Emerald, and it was fine, but Crown Grill was wonderful.

I cannot believe we forgot the thermal suite. There are so many things to do in a week - we really should have planned a little better. We have used it before, on other ships, and it is so relaxing. It is so warm, though, so since the weather was so warm each day, it didn't even cross our minds.

I have pictures of the suite if you would like to see the beams, the balcony or the room.

I hope your cruise is great. The anticipation is half the fun!

Thank you for your answers and offer of pictures of the suite and balcony areas.

My wife and I haven't decided which speciality restaurant to try yet, but will do so and go on the first night of our cruise.

My wife and daughter used the Thermal Suites on a previous family cruise and really enjoyed them. This time around though, I will get to experience the Thermal Suite and am sure it will be as wonderful as everyone says it is.

My email address is below in my signature block area and if you like, please send pictures to me at your earliest convenience. If you would prefer, you could also post them here on CC if easier.

Cheers!

Tom …………../