Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

You are using them to pay for a cruise though right? Wish there was a way to apply them to the S&S account from home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah paying off most of my balance. May seem paranoid but with all the hacking that goes on...... e cards could have the potential to be scammed.

It would be nice if they would let you buy more than $100 at a time. But I'll be carrying on a stack also.

You can purchase more than $100 at a time. I did it. They're just each issued as $100 cards. You have to apply each separately (because each card has a different number). Is that what you meant? :confused:

I've already used a combination of these Verizon cards and the June Father's Day promotional cards to pay off both my November cruises. I still have a $500 eCard from June that I'm taking with me to apply on my 11/1 cruise.

And I just realized I have a balance of over $300 on a gift card I received back at Christmas. I think I'll use it to buy even more. Wouldn't hurt to use free money to buy more Verizon cards to take with me on my 11/29 sailing, would it? :D

And if I have any left over (yeah, right!), I can apply them to the Bermuda cruise. Or break down and book a spring cruise.

You can purchase more than $100 at a time. I did it. They're just each issued as $100 cards. You have to apply each separately (because each card has a different number). Is that what you meant? :confused:

I've already used a combination of these Verizon cards and the June Father's Day promotional cards to pay off both my November cruises. I still have a $500 eCard from June that I'm taking with me to apply on my 11/1 cruise.

Yes I understand that. I just meant I would prefer to buy them in larger increments. I don't have a cruise to pay for right now, so just buying them for the onboard account and having to take a stack of them with us is a pain. But for the discount I'll do it and i will definitely deal with entering each one online when it's time to book the next one! :-)

Got it! Yeah, I'll deal with the minor inconvenience of entering multiple cards because free money is good!

It's rather against my nature to pre-pay for anything, but since I had two cruises with final payment coming up to which I could apply the eCards, I went ahead and bought some. And when I buy them with my regular credit card, on which I do not carry a balance, I earn points that I can redeem (or cash back if I choose), so it's a double benefit. Or "win-win" as they say!

I just wanted to say thank you to the OP. I had never heard of the smart rewards even though I have Verizon and had 40,000 points to spend. Threads like these are the reason that I use cruise critic. I was a little concerned because the terms stated on the Verizon website that you could not use them with a TA booking. I called Carnival and they said that they had no idea why it said that because TA bookings can use the e cards. I am a TA and I actually wanted to use it on my personal bookings so this was important.:D I tried a tester one and bought a $50 e card. It worked so I ended up buying $1200 worth to use for my deposit to book my birthday cruise in February. Yay! We have another cruise booked for New Year's so I will be buying all that I can to put on these future cruises.

I also wanted to mention to those who are now addicted to this savings like me, you get 300 points per day just for logging in to your MyVerizon account. So in logging in for 4 days, you get enough points to buy another $100 e card.

Thanks again swetra!:)

I didn't even think about how you acrue the rewards points. I figured it was somehow tied to your plan and how much you pay them monthly.

It's unlikely that I'll ever use up the points unless they decide to offer some things that you can use points only (and no out-of-pocket). That would be really nice!

Guess I'll go log in and earn more points, just in case! :D

Cruising4 - I think your question may have been answered upthread. If not, go to Carnival's website and search for gift cards. I know they have a FAQ about them somewhere because I did some reading about them prior to purchasing under their Father's Day promo.

I imagine it's like applying them to your account and not spending it all - you get a new card with the new balance. So, if you cancel, you'd get one for your original value (assuming no cancellation fees).

Unlike the cruise cash that is use-it-or-lose-it. I don't know why anyone would purchase the cruise cash when they can purchase the gift cards that are refundable and don't expire!

It's an awesome way to get 10% off everything: cruise, taxes/fees, gratuities, cheers, tshirts, booze, steak house......the list goes on.

I got in on the Father's Day promotion to finish paying off our cruise with a bit extra. Now that cheers price has dropped I'm going to buy enough to cover that and then some.

I just wanted to say thank you to the OP. I had never heard of the smart rewards even though I have Verizon and had 40,000 points to spend. Threads like these are the reason that I use cruise critic. I was a little concerned because the terms stated on the Verizon website that you could not use them with a TA booking. I called Carnival and they said that they had no idea why it said that because TA bookings can use the e cards. I am a TA and I actually wanted to use it on my personal bookings so this was important.:D I tried a tester one and bought a $50 e card. It worked so I ended up buying $1200 worth to use for my deposit to book my birthday cruise in February. Yay! We have another cruise booked for New Year's so I will be buying all that I can to put on these future cruises.

I also wanted to mention to those who are now addicted to this savings like me, you get 300 points per day just for logging in to your MyVerizon account. So in logging in for 4 days, you get enough points to buy another $100 e card.

The 300 points for logging in is only once per month as per Verizon website. But I did sign up for auto pay and paperless billing which each provide 500 per month in points. I get a 1000 for that plus the 300 for logging in and 1430 for our 143 dollar bill so it comes out to 2730 points per month. People with smart phones will get even more points. I can buy some serious gift cards with the points. Hoping they continue to offer these in the future!

Edited by n6uqqq

The 300 points for logging in is only once per month as per Verizon website. But I did sign up for auto pay and paperless billing which each provide 500 per month in points. I get a 1000 for that plus the 300 for logging in and 1430 for our 143 dollar bill so it comes out to 2730 points per month. People with smart phones will get even more points. I can buy some serious gift cards with the points. Hoping they continue to offer these in the future!

Huh You're right. It does say that. Please don't tell them that they have credited my account 4 times this month for logging in.:D

Huh You're right. It does say that. Please don't tell them that they have credited my account 4 times this month for logging in.:D

When I signed up it showed the 300 points three times but it was once for July, Aug, and Sept. Had 29730 points when I first signed up and now have only 230 points left. Momma always told me to strike while the iron is hot :D!

So are you saying that you were able to apply them to a TA booking by calling Carnival? My TA couldn't apply mine.

I just bought some and tried to apply one and it only took the balance due off the card. Is it possible to put the other ones on my account? I can't find a place to enter them now that it's paid off. TIA

No you'll have to wait til you board and go to guest services. Wish it there was a way to do it from home

I just bought some and tried to apply one and it only took the balance due off the card. Is it possible to put the other ones on my account? I can't find a place to enter them now that it's paid off. TIA

No they have to be redeemed on board at guest services. I called and asked.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No I did not call Carnival. I just posted them to my cruise in goccl. (Carnival TA website)I also booked a client that used ecards for their deposit yesterday on goccl with no problems.

I just want to confirm, were these the Carnival egift cards bought thru Verizon? My TA tried again and can't apply them. The Terms and Agreement say right on them that they can't be used by bookings thru a TA.

Or were they the egift cards bought directly thru Carnival?

I just want to confirm, were these the Carnival egift cards bought thru Verizon? My TA tried again and can't apply them. The Terms and Agreement say right on them that they can't be used by bookings thru a TA.

Good question I am confused too :confused:

They were e cards bought through Verizon. I read that on the Verizon site about the TA bookings. I called Carnival to ask about it because others on here had said that they used it on their TA bookings. Carnival said that they do not have any such restriction on these e cards. In fact, if you go to the website that is referenced in the terms and conditions (carnival.com/giftcardterms) it does not say anything about TA restrictions.

I just went to my booking on goccl and added them as gift certificates and put in the number for each one. I put in 13 total(2 $50 and 11 $100). I did a tester $50 to start with and it posted fine. Then I did the other 12 to complete my $1200 deposit. As I mentioned, I also entered $600 worth for a deposit for a client on their booking.

I'm not sure why your TA is having issues. Is your cruise paid in full? If so, there is nothing to post the ecard towards and you will need to take them with you on the ship and give them to guest services. HTH