Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

It sure would be great if these two TA's could talk and figure out what one is doing that the other is not.

1. The agent should go into goccl and open up the reservation.

2. Click on "Payment" then "Make Payment"

3. Under the drop down menu 'Payment type' select Carnival gift card"

That ought to do it!

So I have a question....Let's say I pay for my entire cruise with E-gift cards through Verizon then after final payment date I get price drops. Does this effect the ability to claim price drops? I know way back when they had the "Funship Dollars" you could not get price drops if you used the "Funship Dollars" to pay for cruise. Has anybody had experience with this scenario yet?

I believe the e in e-cards stands for electronic transfer so I'd go with email.

The reason I asked, I called Carnival because I didn't see where to enter my email address. Carnival told me since the program is new email wasn't set up yet. Didn't sound right to me. I know what email means.

I believe the e in e-cards stands for electronic transfer so I'd go with email.

I wondered that myself, because I got mine through a friend. Couldn't find a place for email so I just proceeded and on the next page it says they are emailed to the email address on file with that Verizon account. My friend got them and forwarded to me in about 5 minutes, no problem. I want to get some more. I hope they don't go away.

I was able to order 9 ecards from the verizon site last night - at that time they were not "sold out". I received an email right after purchase with the link to be able to print out all the ecards. I called carnival to ask what is done if there is any leftover balance on your S&S account at the end of your cruise. They said it will be issued back in the form of a carnival gift card.

I was able to order 9 ecards from the verizon site last night - at that time they were not "sold out". I received an email right after purchase with the link to be able to print out all the ecards. I called carnival to ask what is done if there is any leftover balance on your S&S account at the end of your cruise. They said it will be issued back in the form of a carnival gift card.

That's what they told me too, but guest services onboard said we'd get a check back after the cruise. We didn't take any chances and withdrew the cash from one of the kiosks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Everything everywhere states that any unused balance from a gift card will be returned in the form of another gift card. I don't want a check. I don't want to withdraw the balance as cash.

I want another card to just put in my folder and take with me on the next cruise!

I bought 5 Carnival $100 gift cards yesterday afternoon and went to my online Carnival account today to apply them towards our balance. So easy! I plan on buying more periodically to pay off the balance and then again for onboard purchases.

So grateful for this thread! I had no idea before seeing this that we even had rewards on Verizon.

Just logged into the site today and noticed they've changed the demomination from $50 & $100 to $100 & $500, which is MUCH better!

I really appreciate the OP for sharing the info about Smart Rewards to begin with. I'm sharing it forward with friends and family who are not Cruise Critic members. :)

Thank you so very much OP! I'll be getting some today as my balance is due next week. I LOVE saving money! And they are in increments of $50, $100 and $500, so I'll definitely be starting with the $500 ones.

According to the fine print, the gift certificates that are $500 must be mailed in. I'm not 100% sure, but I decided to get the eCards instead so I could manually enter them myself or carry them onboard to guest services. There is also a $100 gift certificate that is the same. So, be sure you are selecting the one you want :).

According to the fine print, the gift certificates that are $500 must be mailed in. I'm not 100% sure, but I decided to get the eCards instead so I could manually enter them myself or carry them onboard to guest services. There is also a $100 gift certificate that is the same. So, be sure you are selecting the one you want :).

Sorry posted response wrong the first time...No, but thank you! But these are the eGift Cards that I'm referring to.

No, but thank you! But these are the eGift Cards that I'm referring to.

That's awesome! I just bought mine yesterday and the $500 eCard wasn't there then. Oh well, it cost the same for the five $100 eCards :). Thank you for the information!

You're right, the Carnival Dollars have to be mailed in. I called Verizon before purchasing them (didn't see the eGift cards at the time) and asked if I could use them for onboard credit and they said yes. But when I got them, it says on the certificates "cannot be used for onboard credit". So I had to make 3 phone calls but eventually was able to return them (since they didn't tell me the accurate info when I purchased them). They had to refund to my credit card, then I bought the eGift cards and received the email from Carnival pretty quickly. Yay!

I have read lots of people had plenty of luck buying the E Cards. Most have has luck adding to pay off balances and make new bookings.

I want to know what kind of luck you have had adding to your account once on board. Are you having an issues or restrictions? If you don't use the full amount what is happening?

I have 2 cruises paid in full but would love some OBC for them. I just am scared to buy just in-case there are strings attached.

I have read lots of people had plenty of luck buying the E Cards. Most have has luck adding to pay off balances and make new bookings.

I want to know what kind of luck you have had adding to your account once on board. Are you having an issues or restrictions? If you don't use the full amount what is happening?

I have 2 cruises paid in full but would love some OBC for them. I just am scared to buy just in-case there are strings attached.

Last week on the Glory we took our $800 print outs in eCerts (thanks to this thread!) up to Guest Services and within 5 minutes, had $800 of onboard credit. Very easy.

Kim

Last week on the Glory we took our $800 print outs in eCerts (thanks to this thread!) up to Guest Services and within 5 minutes, had $800 of onboard credit. Very easy.

Kim

GREAT THANKS!!!

Did you use your whole amount or did you have left over? I'm trying to figure out how much to buy. I hate to have too much and not be able to get it back. If it comes back as a gift card I worry about when it will expire.

GREAT THANKS!!!

Did you use your whole amount or did you have left over? I'm trying to figure out how much to buy. I hate to have too much and not be able to get it back. If it comes back as a gift card I worry about when it will expire.

We did the CHEERS program for a 7 day- so yes... it was all used! And then some additional on our CC with tips, pictures, etc. :rolleyes:

Kim

GREAT THANKS!!!

We applied $1000 with no problem. Cheers plus our gratuities for four took up most of it, then on board shops, arcade and photos finished it off. Only had a bill of $115 at the end of the cruise.

I think somebody else suggested this. Apply some, check your balance, then apply more if needed. If not save for the next cruise!

;0)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

GREAT THANKS!!!

The ecards do not expire!