Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

I just wanted to give a HUGE shout out and THANK YOU to Tracey (OP) for posting this information!! I have had Verizon for years and never knew about the program until now. I logged in and long and behold, I had 30,000 points. :eek:

We have been debating on taking a Thanksgiving cruise and this was the "sign" I needed! I just booked the Pride over Thanksgiving with 9 $100 gift cards for my deposit and plan on buying more to pay the balance and then a few more for the gratuities and sign & sail account.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:)

I'm so glad you and many others were able to benefit from this promotion. Every bit of savings helps. I figured the Carnival electronic gift cards were the best way to use my Verizon points so I thought others might be in the same boat...yes, pun intended. :)

Some people who shop elsewhere may prefer other ways to use their Verizon points. Since I usually have at least 1 cruise booked or ready to book, this promotion basically saves me 10% on my cruise cost using the electronic gift cards as payment for booking or on-board the ship. :) I can use that 10% savings towards my travel or hotel cost, etc...

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 26 cards ($100) in a single purchase on August 22. I got the email with the attached spreadsheet with all of the card numbers and PINs. I just applied all of them individually to my final payment today. I didn't need the PIN just the card number. I now owe $32.61 on my final payment and saved $260. Thanks to the OP for the heads up. That'll fly one of us to Florida. Yay!

I bought 26 cards ($100) in a single purchase on August 22. I got the email with the attached spreadsheet with all of the card numbers and PINs. I just applied all of them individually to my final payment today. I didn't need the PIN just the card number. I now owe $32.61 on my final payment and saved $260. Thanks to the OP for the heads up. That'll fly one of us to Florida. Yay!

That's awesome! Glad it worked out so well for you. :)

Hi. Can anyone who has purchased these please tell me how the charge shows up on your credit card bill? I'm asking because I get 5X if I use a certain card to pay my Verizon bill so wondering if I should use that card instead of my other 2X for everything card...

TIA

I bought $1000 worth for $900 a couple days ago. My credit card statement says payment was made to Verizon Smart Rewards.

Thanks for that info. I'm not sure if that will qualify as a Verizon payment. I'll have to test it with the first one and see what happens... If I can get 10% off the cruise plus 5X points per $1 that will be fabulous!!! I love free money, lol.

Thanks for that info. I'm not sure if that will qualify as a Verizon payment. I'll have to test it with the first one and see what happens... If I can get 10% off the cruise plus 5X points per $1 that will be fabulous!!! I love free money, lol.

5x the points from paying your Verizon bill is awesome. What kind of Credit Card is it? I was just about to buy some Carnival gift cards through their site until I saw your post...

5x the points from paying your Verizon bill is awesome. What kind of Credit Card is it? I was just about to buy some Carnival gift cards through their site until I saw your post...

Chase Ink Plus -5X at office supply stores, 5X internet, cable and phone services, 2X gas stations and hotels. It's a good card since office supply stores like Staples have gift cards for tons of restaurants, retail stores and some airlines so you can essentially get 5X points on dining, shopping and airlines too. Unfortunately, no Carnival gift cards at my local Staples!!!

Sharon, I m hoping they count towards the 5x. I bought 2k worth of them on my Chase Ink when we decided to book a Thanksgiving cruise last week. My credit card statement should close by the end of the week so I will let you know. If they don't, I will pay the rest of the balance with the Chase Saphire because that should give 2X or the capital one venture also gives 2x on everything.. Every little bit helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sharon, I m hoping they count towards the 5x. I bought 2k worth of them on my Chase Ink when we decided to book a Thanksgiving cruise last week. My credit card statement should close by the end of the week so I will let you know. If they don't, I will pay the rest of the balance with the Chase Saphire because that should give 2X or the capital one venture also gives 2x on everything.. Every little bit helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, please let me know. Not quite ready to book yet so I'm just researching the optimum way to pay. I'll use my Arrival card if the Ink doesn't yield 5x.

I just purchased $500 worth for $450. I was just about to add my booking number to the certificates when I noticed they say "Not Valid for On-Board Credit" on them. I intended to use them for my cruise in 4 weeks (fully paid for).

On Verizon's website it only says that you can't use them to book a cruise, and you can't use them for on-board gratuities, and on the telephone they told me they were usable for on-board credit. There is also an expiration date of August 2016.

They can apparently only be used to pay off an existing booking, and only if you booked directly with Carnival. I usually do that, but for next year's cruises I booked via a travel website.

I'm ticked off at the contradictions and misinformation and I'm going to call Verizon to get authorization to return them!!!

I just purchased $500 worth for $450. I was just about to add my booking number to the certificates when I noticed they say "Not Valid for On-Board Credit" on them. I intended to use them for my cruise in 4 weeks (fully paid for).

It appears you didn't order the item that is the topic of this thread.

I hope they (Verizon) will consider allowing you to make a return for credit back to your card.

Edited by DGP1111

Did you buy the ecertificates or the gift cards? I bought $700 of the ecerts for $730 and on my certificates that came via email it says (on each one):

Carnival Gift Cards can be used on almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

Redemption Instructions:

To redeem towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, call 1-800-Carnival or book online at http://www.carnival.com.

To redeem towards activities/shore excursions or onboard gifts, drinks and fun, print and bring this e-card to the Guest Services Desk on board your cruise ship so it can be credited towards your Sail & Sign account.

Then... farther down on terms:

This e-card does not expire.

It appears you didn't order the item that is the topic of this thread.

I hope they (Verizon) will consider allowing you to make a return for credit back to your card.

Fair enough........I saw "Verizon" and saw red & needed to vent! :) When I purchased the Carnival Cash I didn't even see the eCards as an option or I would have definitely go that route, even just for convenience! Hopefully they will let me exchange them for the eCard $$$ at the very least! *sigh*

I applied the two $100 certificates I purchased when I first saw this thread to my 11/29 sailing. Still owed $114.39, so I just went online and purchased another $100, received the confirmation and was able to immediately apply it to the balance. No waiting at all, other than to get the card number.

So, that's a $30 discount. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a discount for something that I would've had to pay full price! Every dollar not spent on the cruise fare (or on board) is another dollar I can spend on the next cruise. :D

Edited by NCTribeFan

Chase Ink Plus -5X at office supply stores, 5X internet, cable and phone services, 2X gas stations and hotels. It's a good card since office supply stores like Staples have gift cards for tons of restaurants, retail stores and some airlines so you can essentially get 5X points on dining, shopping and airlines too. Unfortunately, no Carnival gift cards at my local Staples!!!

Sharon- I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know my Chase Ink card statement closed today. Unfortunately, it only counted for 1% and not 5%. I was suprised because it was labeled as Verizon but they somehow knew it wasn't my cell phone. Oh well, I still saved over $150 buying the cards to put towards my cruise but now I know to put the rest of the balance on a card that gives 2X on everything.:)

Sharon- I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know my Chase Ink card statement closed today. Unfortunately, it only counted for 1% and not 5%. I was suprised because it was labeled as Verizon but they somehow knew it wasn't my cell phone. Oh well, I still saved over $150 buying the cards to put towards my cruise but now I know to put the rest of the balance on a card that gives 2X on everything.:)

Thanks for the info! Yes, still a good deal but I'll also use my 2% card.

Edited by sharona211