Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

While I would love the e-cards for our upcoming cruise, my husband is convinced this is all a ploy to get us stuck in a marketing bonanza. Have any of you had issues with more unsolicited marketing calls after signing up?

Thanks.

Phone calls, no. Emails? Yes, but I just unsubscribe to them and hope I don't get anymore. Not a huge deal, imo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Not true. You can present them at guest services to create obc

I second this post. I just bought some of the egift cards and they say right on them "to redeem towards activities/shore excursions or onboard gifts, drinks and fun, print and bring this e-card to the Guest Services desk on board your cruise ship so it can be credited towards your Sail and Sign account.

Edited by jc822

Just bought $200s worth. :D

Now I have $200 + $500 from the June promo, the $20 + $50 bonus cards from that offer, and another $200 from Verizon. So, basically, $90 in "free" money.

I really don't like to prepay for things, but when I can get a benefit, why not? it's not like my money's earning any interest sitting in my account, right? ;)

I have final payment this week for 11/1 cruise, then final payment a month later for the 11/29 cruise. And another year before the balance is due on the Bermuda cruise. By the time that's due, I should have earned enough credit card points to redeem for additional cash.

I tried last week to buy some of the E Gift cards and they were sold out. Tried again yesterday and got 500.00 for 450.00. Awesome deal. I'll probably buy some Carnival dollars to book our next cruise. Hope this program lasts.

Did anyone know that you cannot use them to book a cruise thru a TA. I am referring to the egift cards that I thought were exactly the same as you book thru Carnival. When you book thru Carnival direct you can use with TA, but these one's say you can't . . . . hmmmm

Did anyone know that you cannot use them to book a cruise thru a TA. I am referring to the egift cards that I thought were exactly the same as you book thru Carnival. When you book thru Carnival direct you can use with TA, but these one's say you can't . . . . hmmmm

I recently had a situation where I bought some Carnival Dollars on a similar program as Verizon's. I tried to apply them to my son's booking yet since he was booked through a TA we could not use them. It does state that on the actual certificates I just hadn't noticed. Luckily we had a few other booking that were actually made through a PVP.

Yes and No! I purchased a cruise while on a cruise. When I got home, I added a TA to the account as I had been told on the ship that I could do. During the gift card program, I purchased a gift card for $200 and got the $20 promotion gift card. A few days later I purchased a $1,000 gift card and got the $100 promotion gift card. I advised the TA of the transactions and they applied all gift cards to the cost of the cruise leaving a $500 final payment balance. Carnival accepted all gift cards and the TA sent me a statement confirming pricing and clearly shows the $500 final payment. Maybe they have changed the program guidelines since my transactions but all my gift cards were accepted by Carnival. My plan is to wait and see if there are any price drops and apply those to the $500 final payment. If none occur, I plan to purchase another gift card through the Verizon Program (effective to 11/1/2014) to pay off the final payment.

Anyone know if there is a limit to how many you can buy and redeem towards a cruise? I have just bought 1 x$100 to "try it out" and would like to buy more to pay off our December cruise.

I just bought and applied my 6th $100 certificate a few minutes ago. I plan on going until I pay my next cruise off :)

I just bought and applied my 6th $100 certificate a few minutes ago. I plan on going until I pay my next cruise off :)

I think I will just do 2 or 3 at a time incase I hit a limit, I can always use any extra once on board. Please come back and let us know if you reach a limit.

I think I will just do 2 or 3 at a time incase I hit a limit, I can always use any extra once on board. Please come back and let us know if you reach a limit.

I bought 5 the first time, I had a little extra money so I bought one today, then I plan on buying a few more next week. I am only going to buy a few at a time at this point...of course I can always put them towards another cruise, but I would like to pay this one off first! :)

I will let you know if I hit a snag anywhere. I am so excited about this promo...I'm saving $130 on paying off my cruise!

What do they do with any overage on the S$S account if it was accumulated with gift cards? We don't really drink and usually book our excursions privately, wondering if they would cut us a check for any overage or we'd end up with a partially used gift card with a lower balance...