3 weeks on the Divina. Any questions?

moomoocow

Ya know, I don't recall their names - there were two guys who regularly worked the one bar, but Danny doesn't ring a bell. We were in 15032 which is the room right next to the sliding door entrance, our butler was Nurus. A few of the other butlers we encountered were Bruce, Harry, and Jhonny. In the Top Sail, Marie always took care of us and Muhammad was the best One Pool server ever!

I love that sliding glass door,though every time I would insert my card to open it,,there always seemed to be someone standing on the other side of it!! Love the "Special Yacht Club" elevators as well!!

I had to go back to our trip in May to remember our Yacht Club crew, Juliano was the One Bar bartender,,Daniello was the One Pool server,,he seemed to hang around the One Bar most of the time though, and Johnathan was our butler.

Muhammad sounds familiar though,,there were two One Bar bartenders and I thought that the other was Muhammad, but he was supposed to be jumping ship and going to work for Royal,,if they are one in the same person.

I love that sliding glass door,though every time I would insert my card to open it,,there always seemed to be someone standing on the other side of it!! Love the "Special Yacht Club" elevators as well!!

I'm pretty sure the elevators weren't working. No one told us how to use them correctly, but we couldn't seem to get it. Then once we were in the elevator with a butler who swiped his card and it still stopped at multiple floors...

I'm pretty sure the elevators weren't working. No one told us how to use them correctly, but we couldn't seem to get it. Then once we were in the elevator with a butler who swiped his card and it still stopped at multiple floors...

I could never bring myself to insert my card and bypass everyones floor but mine,,,

Yay, this is fun - can I play?? We had a great time on the cruise, so much fun with the Moos as well!! - and stayed in the yacht club, so I'm happy to help with different questions that you might have since we had a bit different of an experience.

There were different variations of dance lessons several times a day, every single day - not sure if this is common to the daily activities on a regular sailing, but it was very frequent. They don't cost anything.

Sure you can play :)

Oh wow, free dance lessons.. What a way to get the hubby to do it. He can't even complain about the price !!

Thanks

And you learnt the grease lightning dance moves.

Mrs MooMooCow knows the grease lighting dance moves!

I know you can do Gangam style, and I HAVE GOT the video to prove it.

So...here are my 2 questions:

1. Temperature on the ship...is it cold, cool, warm etc. Does one need a sweater or jacket "at all times"? (I like it warm...generally need to wear a sweater on board)

2. Diamonds....where did you get your massive diamond ring? Do they have Diamonds International on board....or port...or another jeweler? Did you get the ring for a souvenir, because of the value, or because you loved it?

So...here are my 2 questions:

1. Temperature on the ship...is it cold, cool, warm etc. Does one need a sweater or jacket "at all times"? (I like it warm...generally need to wear a sweater on board)

2. Diamonds....where did you get your massive diamond ring? Do they have Diamonds International on board....or port...or another jeweler? Did you get the ring for a souvenir, because of the value, or because you loved it?

The air-com was very pleasant and needed based on the temps we encountered during our cruise. Our table seemed to be in the crossfire of some form of air-con convergence and some nights it got downright chilly in the MDR. If you're not cruising in the height of sweaty oppressive Caribbean summer then I'd take a pashmina/cardigan for evenings because it might get a little too cool. You cannot control the air-con in public places so be prepared.

The diamond ring was from Aruba. The ship has it's own shopping channel and has presentations. No Di on board but husband bought from Di in Aruba. Was a massive surprise and unplanned. He's never bought me an engagement ring so he thought it was about time. He chose it and he has impeccable taste (as he married me) so I'm very pleased. e3usasuq.jpg

Mrs MooMooCow knows the grease lighting dance moves!

I know you can do Gangam style, and I HAVE GOT the video to prove it.

My appearance on Strictly Come Dancing is but moments away.

Alcohol + horrific competitive streak + MSC x forgetting my age = inappropriate dancing in public.

My appearance on Strictly Come Dancing is but moments away.

Alcohol + horrific competitive streak + MSC x forgetting my age = inappropriate dancing in public.

I definitely want to cruise with you now!

And that ring is just gorgeous! You husband has excellent taste and has no doubt earned a heap of hubby credits with that choice!

$10 for 1 card (3 bingo boards), $20 for 3 cards (9 boards)

Thanks Danielle,

Same as Carnival. I love to play bingo. :o

Also, do you know if the jackpot is the same all week, or does it get progressively higher as the week goes along with a grand prize on the final day (free cruise)?

Edited by cateyes2u

Thanks Danielle,

Same as Carnival. I love to play bingo. :o

Also, do you know if the jackpot is the same all week, or does it get progressively higher as the week goes along with a grand prize on the final day (free cruise)?

Sorry, I only played once so I'm not sure. They do have a special jackpot that if you get bingo within the first 41 numbers you win $25,000 and if bingo between 41-44 numbers you get $10,000, any bingo after that is just the daily jackpot.

Sorry, I only played once so I'm not sure. They do have a special jackpot that if you get bingo within the first 41 numbers you win $25,000 and if bingo between 41-44 numbers you get $10,000, any bingo after that is just the daily jackpot.

That's the progressive game. As bingo player, it's extremely hard to get a coverall in less than 55 numbers. I'll play a few games. Thanks for the info.

That's the progressive game. As bingo player, it's extremely hard to get a coverall in less than 55 numbers. I'll play a few games. Thanks for the info.

I played in Europe and that is the way it was. Impossible to win the jackpot and it was not progressive as such as did not increase the numbers called.

Having said that it was not too expensive to play and I did win and got my money back.

thanks for the info!

Last year on the Splendida was her first trip ever, first cruise, and first time away from our area and in Europe to boot. My picky eater had a food melt-down with all the changes. She existed on chocolate croissants for breakfast, fries and a hotdog for lunch, and fries for dinner (no hotdogs on the buffet). And some bacon and some desserts.

We're hoping for more success this year now that she is a 'seasoned' traveller - if a butler or waiter can find her chicken fingers would make her day and give me a shot at eating in a dining room ;-p

reo

I am wondering what age your picky eater is? Is it possible to get simply grilled or sautéed chicken breast or plain pasta with butter? Is fresh fruit available at breakfast? Was it absolutely necessary to forsake the main dining room? Was the staff not able to provide off menu items such as plain chicken, plain pasta or rice, steamed veggies or fruit? Sorry for all of the questions, just wondering if the staff is able/willing to accommodate.

I am wondering what age your picky eater is? Is it possible to get simply grilled or sautéed chicken breast or plain pasta with butter? Is fresh fruit available at breakfast? Was it absolutely necessary to forsake the main dining room? Was the staff not able to provide off menu items such as plain chicken, plain pasta or rice, steamed veggies or fruit? Sorry for all of the questions, just wondering if the staff is able/willing to accommodate.

My picky eater is a teen with a trauma background - she got triggered from the moment we set foot in Europe last year and she learned that potato chips come in different flavours in different places and dill pickle wasn't one of them! Too many differences, too many new experiences, not enough faith in us yet to keep her safe. I'm sure that they would have worked with her in the dining room, but she also would have had a hard time holding it together as they did, particularly over a long meal (social anxiety is also an issue).

Our deal with her for travelling is that we will not enforce veggies and nutrition if she will just find SOMETHING to eat. The buffet was easier for that last year - she could see the food instead of imagining all the ways they might mess it up (not big on foods touching, sauces, etc.) Although once she was settled into her routine of the limited foods she felt comfortable with, we probably could have moved that routine into the MDR. She did manage to eat in the MDR for the final night and they brought her a plate of fries and dessert with no hassle.

I'm hoping we'll be able to do much better this year, now that she's more used to us, to travelling, and her food issues have relented quite a bit. It was her idea to cruise again. In principle, she has agreed to try eating in the dining room, and I've been talking up menu options with her (they have steak! pasta! I bet you could order that just with some cheese on it!). She will probably still get triggered, but hopefully less frequently. Our YC booking is to help her have a safe base, reduce the social anxiety, maximize the potential for fun! If at the end of the day, I spend another couple of weeks eating at the buffet because it is still too difficult for her, so be it - plenty of good food there too!

Like I say if you have a chat with the maître'd and explain they will do their utmost to assist.

It's an italian line and the Italians love indulging kids so I'm betting they'll sort things to her taste. :-)

You can definitely get all those items in the MDR on any MSC ship - it is pretty much the recovering from being ill menu the ship's doctors recommend - plain chicken breast or white fish, plain rice, steamed vegetables, plain boiled potatoes. Unbelievably boring, but definitely available if you ask. Fresh fruit is available at all meals in the MDR and buffet.