Black skinny travel pants

angelle

If you want lightweight stretch jeans that dry relatively quickly try the following:

If you are slender, try Forever 21.

If you are anywhere from slender to plus, try Old Navy. Rock Star is most fashion forward (for folks with smaller thighs), Sweetheart for curvier shape, Diva in between. Normal price is around $30 - I believe they're on sale right now for about $20.

Michael Kors has nice skinny jeans at around 50-60, cheaper at TJ Maxx if you can find them. But weight is a bit heavier

9 West has a "cigarette cut" which is very flattering, same price point as Michael Kors.

Eddie Bauer has a line of travel pants that are lightweight - some sort of nylon blend - which aren't bad. Maybe around $60

prANA's Halle pant is nice. It's very lightweight and dries quickly, pretty stylish as this type goes. $75ish

I recently went on an exhaustive search for skinny pants for a European trip!

Edited by notsodesperatehousewife

If you want lightweight stretch jeans that dry relatively quickly try the following:

If you are slender, try Forever 21.

If you are anywhere from slender to plus, try Old Navy. Rock Star is most fashion forward (for folks with smaller thighs), Sweetheart for curvier shape, Diva in between. Normal price is around $30 - I believe they're on sale right now for about $20.

Michael Kors has nice skinny jeans at around 50-60, cheaper at TJ Maxx if you can find them. But weight is a bit heavier

9 West has a "cigarette cut" which is very flattering, same price point as Michael Kors.

Eddie Bauer has a line of travel pants that are lightweight - some sort of nylon blend - which aren't bad. Maybe around $60

prANA's Halle pant is nice. It's very lightweight and dries quickly, pretty stylish as this type goes. $75ish

I recently went on an exhaustive search for skinny pants for a European trip!

Thanks for those suggestions, I'm looking for the stretch of the travel pant. But still slim fit and tailored look. I'm a size 12 now, but I'm doing chemo and they give me steroids that has me heavier. I'm hoping to be down to my usual size 8. I wear the bettona pants from athleta. Size medium they are boot cut, comfy to fly. I would love any advise on dress for the Christmas market cruise.

I also like Athleta clothing.

Another brand is Lole. I purchased a pair of Lole pants on clearance at REI. I like them a lot. They were called a travel pant. They are very comfortable and do travel well. They have many different styles...it looks like the Roam pant is a mid-rise, skinny:

http://www.lolewomen.com/lsw0962.html

I think there were other skinny styles and straight leg styles...but it looks like there is a change coming since there are so many on sale on the main website. You might be able to find some in other places like REI still...or keep a look out for when the new styles come in.

Angelle - have you joined our Christmas Markets 2014 roll call thread yet? We've discussed clothing there lots and lots over the past year!

I've already posted (in that thread, as well as in a separate thread in this Fashion forum) my planned capsule wardrobe for our trip.

I have a pr of Columbia stretch travel pants (mumbai mover II) but they're likely too light to bring to Germany in December. I have 2 prs of Mountain Hardwear pants I just got a couple months ago from Sierra Trading Post - one is fleece lined, the other is just a straight leg with stretch. Not sure which I'll bring. And I have a pair of skinny black cords I will probably bring. If the forecast is calling for solid rain, I'm less sure about bringing cotton pants, though I do have a long(er) coat I'll be bringing.

(I posted a couple years ago - here and/or at Flyertalk -about Anatomie pants or Outlier pants - no women had experience with them. My husband ended up getting some Outlier pants and they are AWESOME for him, but I've opted to go for cheaper options thus far...)

http://ewww.eileenfisher.com/EileenFisher/collection/ShopByCategory/Pants/PRD_EEKO-P0341M/Slim+Ankle+Pant+with+Side+Zip+in+Organic+Cotton+Stretch+Twill.jsp?bmLocale=en_US

Eileen Fisher stretch twill. Best pants ever. Super comfy and will last 10 years with weekly wear. $148. Worth every cent. If you take them right out of the dryer, fold and hang them, they don't need ironing.

May sound weird but I prefer yoga pants for flights/travel/touring etc. So comfortable:) Also works well with tops and jackets. What can I say, I am from the Pacific NW and we live in yoga pants!! I take dressier stuff for the ship though lol

http://www.sportchek.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=37719716&cp=3733352.3733676.3748600.3748028

Edited by Christine Frances

These are the pants I ordered from 6pm.com....I will return what doesn't work for me. I do have lulu lemon yoga pants that are thick. My athleta bettona will be to thin

6pm.com

Your Purchasing Information

Prana: Alpine Pant

SKU# 8364156

Color: Black

Size: 12

Inseam: 31

$49.99

Columbia: Global Adventure™ Adjustable Pant

SKU# 8056106

Inseam: 32

$41.99

Lole: Trek 2 Pant LSW0983

SKU# 8241009

$48.99

Prana: Meme Pant

SKU# 8134735

Color: Raisin

$52.99

Subtotal (4 Items):

Since the OP said she does wear Athleta, I'll suggest to go to the SALE section of the website. There are some corduroy pants on good sale - the Kalidescope and the Frontier Cord. And, there's the Frontier Jean - a solid travel pant...

http://ewww.eileenfisher.com/EileenFisher/collection/ShopByCategory/Pants/PRD_EEKO-P0341M/Slim+Ankle+Pant+with+Side+Zip+in+Organic+Cotton+Stretch+Twill.jsp?bmLocale=en_US

Eileen Fisher stretch twill. Best pants ever. Super comfy and will last 10 years with weekly wear. $148. Worth every cent. If you take them right out of the dryer, fold and hang them, they don't need ironing.

Saks Off Fifth has some nice EF pants on sale now - I had ordered a pair from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale but just ordered two pairs from Off 5th for about the same price as the single pair from Nordies. Will have to see which fits I like best. Various forms of "black skinny" though I don't think I ordered the twill.....

Thanks for all the great advise. I am currently doing chemo and the steroids has caused some weight gain:eek: so I am going to wait closer to the trip to buy the pants. I am a size 12 now, I hope to get back to a 8 or 10 for this trip.:rolleyes:

I'd did buy the athleta Benetton jeggings, they will work great, pretty thick and nice and stretchy . They frontier jeans didn't fit right with my weight gain:eek:

Now, I am looking for waterproof jacket for cold weather. Stylish, fitted maybe or with belt. For about 32degrees?? Any suggestions?? I like the style of the northface Greenlander , maybe academy will have something comparable?

I'd did buy the athleta Benetton jeggings, they will work great, pretty thick and nice and stretchy . They frontier jeans didn't fit right with my weight gain:eek:

Now, I am looking for waterproof jacket for cold weather. Stylish, fitted maybe or with belt. For about 32degrees?? Any suggestions?? I like the style of the northface Greenlander , maybe academy will have something comparable?

I think you will be happy with the Bettona jeggings. I have 2 pair, one of the original black, and one denim. The black ones were plenty warm - they were in my regular daily rotation in the winter up here in my ski resort town. Worked great with Sorels or Steve Madden engineer boots or Jambu booties ;) The black ones, made with the original Bettona material, seem to be thicker than the denim ones. The original fabric ones also fit better to me than the denim - the same size of both and the denim seem to fit lower and tighter…

As for the jacket, I'm still the firm believer in layering to get your warmth rather than putting it all into one jacket. You probably will have a better chance to use the pieces separately when you get home. I still say get a Patagonia Down Sweater or Shirt, Patagonia Nano-Puff sweater, North Face Thermoball Jacket, REI… and then a lighter shell jacket for overtop. A classic trench or topper paired with one of these would be a good choice.