Solo cruising - credits?

I'm thinking it's a real package that include land and air in addition to the cruise itself.

I found this:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=2014_trans_ocean_voyage_packages

Makes sense Carol. I've been reading about the UK cruisers getting drink packages with their cruises and I thought that might constitute a package.

sorry Carol, I posted the same link before I read your post.

No problem. I've looked at this before because of the TA's. The points rack up quickly when you take 14-21 day cruises. I never thought I would have a chance of reaching 340, but it looks like I will have a shot of making it in 2016. I've gotten 42 additional points since this change.

The TA's are almost always a good price, but 150% sounds even better. I don't generally cruise in Jul, Aug, or Christmas so that restriction is not a problem.

The TA's are almost always a good price, but 150% sounds even better. I don't generally cruise in Jul, Aug, or Christmas so that restriction is not a problem.

I agree 150 % would sound better. But i think you the 150% on the ocean voyage just not the ocean voyage package. Correct?

Yes - I'm assuming the 150% will apply to the cruise only. I'm not at all interested in a land package for Europe. I've been there a number of times and have no problem doing my own thing. I want to stay in a "charming" hotel, not a US chain hotel, and explore on my own. Carry on luggage is a must.

Once you accumulate 340 or more points in C&A, you are entitled to 150% single supplement, with some exceptions:

Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Package, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

Bob, again you've given the correct information. However, I recently learned that if you want to take a cruise that has the majority of its days outside of the restricted months RCCL will normally honor the 150% rate. For example if you wanted to book a cruise that began on August 30 you'll probably be able to get the rate even though August is a restricted month.

Bob, again you've given the correct information. However, I recently learned that if you want to take a cruise that has the majority of its days outside of the restricted months RCCL will normally honor the 150% rate. For example if you wanted to book a cruise that began on August 30 you'll probably be able to get the rate even though August is a restricted month.

Thanks Pete, that's good to know.:)

Thanks for the information:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once you accumulate 340 or more points in C&A, you are entitled to 150% single supplement, with some exceptions:

Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Package, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

Or if you book during recent sales. BOGOHO in the spring and one that I think is still going on. Originally not booking correctly on website, but can call to get 150% rate that folks are paying for 2 people.

I booked 3 cruises during the sales and paid 150% and I am only platinum.

Thanks for the information:)

Carolyn, I think that this is one of those unwritten policies. I accidentally stumbled onto it when talking with someone at D+ desk one day. I had ruled out a cruise because it started on August 31 until after they explained their policy. Don't know if that policy is firm or if it might be influenced by how heavily the ship is booked.

Yes - I'm assuming the 150% will apply to the cruise only. I'm not at all interested in a land package for Europe. I've been there a number of times and have no problem doing my own thing. I want to stay in a "charming" hotel, not a US chain hotel, and explore on my own. Carry on luggage is a must.

I concur. I've done land tours and independent travel to Spain, Italy and France. Really is the best way to see europe.

thanks for the info. Good to know.

Do you just get points on days or do you also get them for onboard spending? I know HAL gives 1 point for every $300 or portion thereof that you spend onboard (or beforehand with excursions).

They are awarded after the cruise for the number of days cruised. Plain and simple :)

Do you just get points on days or do you also get them for onboard spending? I know HAL gives 1 point for every $300 or portion thereof that you spend onboard (or beforehand with excursions).

Right now, points are only given for the number of nights of cruising.

You also get an extra point per night for having a Junior Suite or better.

You get another extra point per night for being a single in a stateroom that normally holds two.

Right now, points are only given for the number of nights of cruising.

You also get an extra point per night for having a Junior Suite or better.

You get another extra point per night for being a single in a stateroom that normally holds two.

Thanks! :)

My budget likes that better anyway. :D I won't feel like I need to spend more to get more points (as in "Well, I wasn't going to get a manicure, but that $50 will put me into my next $300 area...).

Thanks for the information. I am no where near that amount of points. :)

Thanks for the information. I am no where near that amount of points. :)

Sometimes they do have single rates on certain sailings. It's rare but it happens. you have to watch prices religiously. My upcoming cruise on Brilliance had a single rate for Balconies. So I upgraded and got money back on that.

Back to the "credits" topic:

On our recent TA, I (and I think Carolyn, ARCruisinNana, and others) paid NO single supplement and still received our extra points.

:)

You are correct, as usual:)

This is all very encouraging! I should reach 340 points in November. Hope they don't change the rules before I get there!

I am not quite at 340, but have a Transatlantic in November, do you all think I will get double points for that cruise?

Another question, when you are on the cruise where you reach 340, can you book another cruise and get the 150% rate?

Edited by Mystaken

This is all very encouraging! I should reach 340 points in November. Hope they don't change the rules before I get there!

I am not quite at 340, but have a Transatlantic in November, do you all think I will get double points for that cruise?

Another question, when you are on the cruise where you reach 340, can you book another cruise and get the 150% rate?

You don't have to be at 340 points to get the double points. Anyone sailing solo in a double cabin will get the double points (or triple points if in a JS or above).