Price Drop Checker

The Wilkies

Hello

Please excuse my ignorance because I know this has been a thread recently, but I can't find it nor could I understand how to do it.

Anyway, I am sure there was reference to "tagging" a cruise so that you could easily check whether there had been a price drop, although I may well have imagined it.

Is it possible to insert such a "tag" and, if so, how do you do it? It could well be a US website only, not applicable to the UK site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by The Wilkies

Hello

Please excuse my ignorance because I know this has been a thread recently, but I can't find it nor could I understand how to do it.

Anyway, I am sure there was reference to "tagging" a cruise so that you could easily check whether there had been a price drop, although I may well have imagined it.

Is it possible to insert such a "tag" and, if so, how do you do it? It could well be a US website only, not applicable to the UK site.

Don't know about the UK. I go to the Princess site and look at a cruise. I can then click to "save" that cruise. It then shows in my My Princess as a saved cruise. It says you have (whatever number) of saved cruises. I click on that and it lists my saved cruises. Each one has an orange button labeled "update price".

I just checked my saved cruises. My Mexico cruise has the same price. My Panama Canal cruise just went UP by $100 for my category. Bah. I keep hoping for the prices to go down. :rolleyes:

If you type "Cruise Critic's Price Drop" into the search you will find CC's price drop tracker. Our cruise has not dropped in price, yet (:)) so haven't seen it in action. You put in your particular cruise ship/date and I believe it updates once a week, on Fridays, and will let you know if your cruise goes down.

Only problem is if there is a one day sale on say Wednesday, I don't think you will be notified! Again haven't received any notices myself, but did sign our cruise up. I still check regularly (translation: daily!) on my Personalizer, as already mentioned by Thrak!

Edited by Carole_T
Added info

I find that the easiest way to keep checking prices is to save the cruise as a bookmark on my desktop. Each cruise has a cruise number. Here is a link for a Med cruise I am tracking for 2015. Merely open this link, change the number at the end of the link following the = sign to your cruise and then save it as a favorite and place it on your desktop. Then just click on it whenever you want to see the price.

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=E525A

"Cruise Critic's Price Drop" is a online booking agency that updates once a week. It does not reflect the real time Princess web site that is becoming similar to airlines booking sites that update prices many times a day. There are deals on Princess that come and go very quickly.

Hello

I have used it but it is a US site so doesn't reflect prices here in the UK. I get an email every week.

I will say that the first week I investigated the price of our cabin only to find out that the cabin that we had booked was up for sale:confused: Looked on the Princess UK site and there it was again, our cabin was up for sale:mad: Telephoned TA, she investigated only to find out that we had been upgraded:)

Well done Princess:)

I also use the cruise critic price drop tool but there is no way I'm going to count on it to let me know about short term price drops. The only way to know about those is to check the Princess site. I would be really peeved to miss a drop of several hundred dollars that happened only on Tuesday and Wednesday because I only found out about it on Friday after the price had gone back up.

I am signed into our Princess account, have my next 2 upcoming cruises saved to the saved cruises section, but see no orange button to show updated prices. Should I NOT be signed into our account?

You MUST be logged into your account. If the cruises are saved then click on the My Princess link. Look for where it says you have 2 Saved cruises and click on that link. It should list the saved cruises and each should have the orange Update Price button.

the orange button wasn't there originally because you were logged in when you saved it, so the information was current as of the logging in. when you log out and go back in, it shows up orange again.

I also use the cruise critic price drop tool but there is no way I'm going to count on it to let me know about short term price drops. The only way to know about those is to check the Princess site. I would be really peeved to miss a drop of several hundred dollars that happened only on Tuesday and Wednesday because I only found out about it on Friday after the price had gone back up.

You would not even find out about it on Friday as the price drop e-mail would only list what still is at a lower price.

For future cruises we are planning (2015-2016), I have been tracking several Princess cruises for future price references since June (daily).......and have found that price drops/increases can happen about anytime of the week with Sat/Sun being the most common days of changes..........but as the cruise dates get closer and needing to fill cabins, I've seen Tues/Wed price changes........even changes twice in a day.

So.......daily checking is your best bet on catching any quick deals:D.........be aware, popular cruises and prices can go up though as the cruise gets closer especially if near sold out:(........saw this happening on the Royal Princess New England/Canada cruise this coming October:eek:

We us Cruise Critic..

Travel agents often have lower prices than what the actual cruise lines show. Princess is still showin a higher price than what I paid even after their price drops. I think your best bet is a good TA who can monitor prices and is willing to do so.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I tried clicking on the save cruises button, sadly it doesn't work. The only things that show up on My Princess are the 2 cruises I already have booked.

Decided, therefore, to bookmark the page and keep checking.

We saved a fortune on a cruise earlier in the year (equivalent to $1400 + almost a $1000 onboard credit). That price drop was a result of an email from Princess and a quick dash down to our TA just before they closed on Saturday afternoon. Onefine89 was correct about price drops at the weekend. Very much doubt it will ever happen again!!!!

There also seems to be a different relationship between Princess UK and TA. They stopped them giving discounts I think a couple of years ago. Before booking I did a comparison and all were showing exactly the same price, including the Princess website.

You MUST be logged into your account. If the cruises are saved then click on the My Princess link. Look for where it says you have 2 Saved cruises and click on that link. It should list the saved cruises and each should have the orange Update Price button.

I have a cruise booked for next April. I have no saved cruises in My Princess. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to "save" this cruise.

Yes, I was logged in. HELP!!!!!!:eek:

I do get the CC update every Friday, but still want to check during the week on my own.

Thank you:):)

I have a cruise booked for next April. I have no saved cruises in My Princess. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to "save" this cruise.

Yes, I was logged in. HELP!!!!!!:eek:

I do get the CC update every Friday, but still want to check during the week on my own.

Thank you:):)

Log into your account. Do a search for the cruise you want. Don't go to your booked cruise in the personalizer - look it up like you were searching for a new cruise. Find the cruise you are interested in (even if you already have it booked). Select that cruise. Click to View Details. At that point there will be a link on the upper right of the page that says "Save To My Princess"