Quantum blue

ryano

You may be right, but the angle of those two surfaces is different and would reflect differently. I just a photo on facebook of Meyer workers at ground level and the water line down is dark blue around the thuster and bow bulb. I still think the photo looks bluer than it really is. I'm still guessing its the same color as the other newer ships. I've been married 33 years, so I'm use to being wrong once in awhile.

Ok ok !!! We believe you ! Lol (if only to silence you)

You may be right, but the angle of those two surfaces is different and would reflect differently. I just a photo on facebook of Meyer workers at ground level and the water line down is dark blue around the thuster and bow bulb. I still think the photo looks bluer than it really is. I'm still guessing its the same color as the other newer ships. I've been married 33 years, so I'm use to being wrong once in awhile.

Bill, Surely you jest...wrong? :D:D

So, just to be different, I'm not a fan of changing up the colors of the ships. It's not a big deal, but is another way the line is changing. It's just a little bit less the Royal Caribbean that I fell in love with.

So, just to be different, I'm not a fan of changing up the colors of the ships. It's not a big deal, but is another way the line is changing. It's just a little bit less the Royal Caribbean that I fell in love with.

The blue is hardly noticeable and it's being applied to all new builds for environmental concerns according to a previous post.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

I didn't even pay attention in February when I was on the Disney Dream which was docked next to (before a Carnival ship went into the berth directly next to) the Allure, but i just checked the pictures I took while on my catamaran sail/snorkel excursion, and it is light blue at the bottom. Hard to tell if it's the same shade as this one, but it's definitely blue (same water, next to a white hulled ship you can definitely tell).

The more efficient paint is only for the dark blue that is used on the lowest levels of the hull that are under the water. When they painted the Oasis blue they gave two reasons; reflection and size. The Oasis is a huge ship and the giant white wall that it would create looked too massive and top heavy so by differentiating the hull from the superstructure it reduced the top heavy appearance a bit. The other major reason give was the ugly appearance generated by the reflection of the water. This was something that Adam Goldstein made a big deal about and kept emphasizing the fact that these ships were designed to sail in the turquoise caribbean waters and not the grey seas we were seeing them in during construction in Finland. They claim to have spent an enormous amount of time determining the exact color tone to reflect the water best. This is really obvious on the Oasis as she does look completely different based on the waters she is in.

In Nassau:

DSC01173.JPG

A white ship in Nassau reflecting green/grey:

DSC01191.JPG

Later in the day when not receiving sunlight and reflecting it just looks dark blue:

DSC01226.JPG

A few feet further back it looks white:

DSC01225.JPG

It was designed to be dark blue, light blue, white, teal, turquoise, or who knows what else depending on it's surroundings.

DSC02980.JPG

Richard Fain has stated in his blog during Oasis' construction that the hull is indeed a new marine paint that's pale blue. It increases fuel efficiency by cutting down on the drag in the water. Thus sayeth his highness Mr. Fain.

Just so everyone knows, this isn't true. The bright blue silicone paint below the waterline helps with reducing resistance yes, but that isn't what we are talking about.

I mean think about it, the pale blue paint above the waterline isn't even going to go through the water! It is most definitely an aesthetic thing, and it remains to be seen whether it looks the same as Oasis/Allure when in actual daylight, or if it is an even darker colour. The line on the bow makes it more obvious, something which Oasis doesn't have, as the entire bow looks to be in the blue colour.

Edited by littlesteelo

Just so everyone knows, this isn't true. The bright blue silicone paint below the waterline helps with reducing resistance yes, but that isn't what we are talking about.

I mean think about it, the pale blue paint above the waterline isn't even going to go through the water! It is most definitely an aesthetic thing, and it remains to be seen whether it looks the same as Oasis/Allure when in actual daylight, or if it is an even darker colour. The line on the bow makes it more obvious, something which Oasis doesn't have, as the entire bow looks to be in the blue colour.

Yes, he did discuss the reason for the "light blue" hull color and it appears for whatever reason they're doing the same with the Quantum.

image.jpg.3662f4dd900d023e4d331d11ffeb041c.jpg