3 day land/or Vista Suite

hollon

I know this is probably a dumb question considering Alaska. For about the same price, we can do a 3 day land tour before our cruise or a vista suite 7 day cruise. It really doesn't look like much goes on w/ a 3 day land tour (I could be wrong) or should we go for the vista suite which I already have booked for a 7 day. Oh, I'll have to drop down to a minisuite if we do the 3 day

Edited by hollon

Definitely the land cruise. We've been to Alaska twice, and the land tour was among the major highlights. There is so much more to see in Alaska than the inside passage--see as much as possible while you're there. For an Alaskan cruise, it's all about the scenery--not so much the ship IMHO.

I would go with the Vista Suite as well because we value our time on the balcony and enjoy the many benefits of suite cruising.

I doubt this will be your last time to Alaska (we keep going back) so you can do the land tour next trip.

Mike:)

First study the itinerary for the 3 day land tour. Might be a lot cheaper to do it on your own. Sometimes those tour try to squeeze too much I. And you just end up riding on the bus a lot. Check the itinerary. Don't just tAke it for granted. That is not enough time if they are going to Denali for instance

I vote for the land tour. If not you may find yourself kicking yourself in the head while you sit in the suite for what you missed.

Unless you have been to Alaska, it makes no sense to me to book a suite ver scenery. That is what Alaska is all about. People who want more luxury and less scenery ought not to cruise to Alaska-unless they have been there before- IMHO.

Alaska is all about scenery....

It absolutely can. But when you ask for an opinion on one or the other, it doesn't appear the OP can do both.
I agree. It would be great to do both or even do a 4-5 day land tour but given the choice, particularly for a first time in Alaska, I'd do the land tour. You can always book a suite and view the scenery the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time because chances are you'll want to go back.

Thanks, I didn't price out the land tour for four days or more days, I don't want to go too many days on land only b/c I'm taking my handicapped sister, so don't know how hard that will be. I've been to alaska before and yes scenery is great! My 3 day land is on the coral starts at very end of May and sail June 3rd, if that helps.

For me, it would be the 3-day land tour. Alaska is amazing and so much more than what you can see from just the coast. IMHO, a Vista suite is just space and amenities, a land tour is memories for life.

Suites are wonderful but the land portion in Alaska beats a suite IMO. Take a suite on other cruises but do see the real Alaska onland.

Thanks, I didn't price out the land tour for four days or more days, I don't want to go too many days on land only b/c I'm taking my handicapped sister, so don't know how hard that will be. I've been to alaska before and yes scenery is great! My 3 day land is on the coral starts at very end of May and sail June 3rd, if that helps.

Doing a 4 day or more land trip might actually be less difficult because you get to spend two nights at a lodge instead of just one. Less rush to unpack and pack again. More time to relax.