El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I did a cheapo Carnival Luminosa and really loved every second of it. Hard to believe it was a carnival ship. 

ATM I’m looking out for cheapo Christmas cruises to NZ as I’ve never been able to do or complete a cruise there.

when is my best time to look seriously? 

44 minutes ago, Esilef said:

I did a cheapo Carnival Luminosa and really loved every second of it. Hard to believe it was a carnival ship. 

ATM I’m looking out for cheapo Christmas cruises to NZ as I’ve never been able to do or complete a cruise there.

when is my best time to look seriously? 

They never really cheap over the Cruise period to NZ. Try Feb/March if you want cheaper to NZ.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

They never really cheap over the Cruise period to NZ. Try Feb/March if you want cheaper to NZ.

It’s weird I got an email from Princess with discounted NYE and Xmas cruises to NZ. Plus 3rd and 4th guest free in same cabin. I have never got deals like that before for December. I really think they are struggling to fill cabins.

Dates are 3rd dec, 28th dec, 15 dec, 22nd dec, if anyone wants to check that out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Auscruisefam said:

It’s weird I got an email from Princess with discounted NYE and Xmas cruises to NZ. Plus 3rd and 4th guest free in same cabin. I have never got deals like that before for December. I really think they are struggling to fill cabins.

Dates are 3rd dec, 28th dec, 15 dec, 22nd dec, if anyone wants to check that out. 

Yeah but who wants to be on a ship that going to have a ton of kids. Cause that who the marketing targetting.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, icat2000 said:

Yeah but who wants to be on a ship that going to have a ton of kids. Cause that who the marketing targetting.

I didn't think the pricing was that great for Xmas. I got $1300 pp last year NYE out of Melbourne. I think from memory I booked around about September.

I'm keeping my powder dry and will wait a little bit longer. But I'm leaning towards Carnival at the moment.

56 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Qantas is selling cruises on trip a deal to norway, south pacific and SA.

I got that email. The one to Norway is interesting but I wouldn't get my husband to agree. I looked at the South Pacific one but it is very close to one we have already booked to Vila.

• 1 month later...

I’ve just seen this deal online. It’s a shame I don’t have any leave left this year. 

Pacific Island Hopper Cruise - V343

Ship: Pacific Adventure

Departure: Friday, September 22, 2023

Nights: 8 nights

Departs: Sydney

Returns: Sydney

INSIDE: $480 ($60/day)

OUTSIDE: $580 ($72/day)

BALCONY: $730 ($91/day)

SUITE: $930 ($116/day)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

I’ve just seen this deal online. It’s a shame I don’t have any leave left this year. 

Pacific Island Hopper Cruise - V343

Ship: Pacific Adventure

Departure: Friday, September 22, 2023

Nights: 8 nights

Departs: Sydney

Returns: Sydney

INSIDE: $480 ($60/day)

OUTSIDE: $580 ($72/day)

BALCONY: $730 ($91/day)

SUITE: $930 ($116/day)

Not a bad deal. The lowest I managed to get for the same itinerary is $45/day. That was for 30th June. Waiting for this to drop to that level. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Still watching for Christmas cruises. They are coming down in price.

it’s a shame about all those kids. Oh bugger I have 1 😂

It is not all those kids, it is all their parents.  I'm sure your child is well behaved.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esilef said:

Still watching for Christmas cruises. They are coming down in price.

it’s a shame about all those kids. Oh bugger I have 1 😂

I'm on a cruise 2 weeks before the Christmas holidays start. 1/3rd the price, better itinerary & less people. Only negative is taking the kids out of school for it, but I dont think they do all that much at the end of the year anyway...its mostly just winding up and having fun days.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nehaahen said:

I'm on a cruise 2 weeks before the Christmas holidays start. 1/3rd the price, better itinerary & less people. Only negative is taking the kids out of school for it, but I dont think they do all that much at the end of the year anyway...its mostly just winding up and having fun days.

I was taken out of school my whole life to accompany my grandmother.  So I took my children out of school, once for a whole year.  Didn’t hurt their education!  They learn from travel!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

It is not all those kids, it is all their parents.  I'm sure your child is well behaved.

Nope he has autism so he’s the worst of the lot but he loves cruising and the motion of the ocean settles him.

• Like 1

As mentioned my son has autism and his in a special needs school. Taking him out of school never hurts as he is forced to learn life skills whilst travelling. Life skills are important for these kids.

might think more about the dates.

looking at the majestic and the grande princess ships.

20 minutes ago, Esilef said:

As mentioned my son has autism and his in a special needs school. Taking him out of school never hurts as he is forced to learn life skills whilst travelling. Life skills are important for these kids.

might think more about the dates.

looking at the majestic and the grande princess ships.

I admire the love mothers give to autistic children.  An autistic boy was in my view of the stage at a concert.  He was fine playing with his friend.  But then he got overtired, so his mother nursed him to calm him.  He

continually hit her, but she held him tight and he settled.  What a saint! 

• Thanks 1

X-329

The Pacific Encounter is sailing from Cairns to Auckland next Saturday (24/6/23), a 6 night cruise, one way. 
Inside cabins are listed  by P&O as $449/person but I’ve found it at $200/person elsewhere.

That’s less than $35/day!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

X-329

The Pacific Encounter is sailing from Cairns to Auckland next Saturday (24/6/23), a 6 night cruise, one way. 
Inside cabins are listed  by P&O as $449/person but I’ve found it at $200/person elsewhere.

Sparky, that must be the Explorer not Encounter as I'm on Encounter on that date, from Brisbane to the South Pacific. 

7 minutes ago, sevencruises said:

Sparky, that must be the Explorer not Encounter as I'm on Encounter on that date, from Brisbane to the South Pacific. 

Yes, sorry!

It is Explorer not Encounter. 

10 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

X-329

That is so tempting. School holidays in Victoria start as well. Just the cost of airfares 

• Like 1