cabin AC temps

fourkittys

I just read from a cc poster that the AC on the Magic only came down to 76 and was acceptable temp according Carnival mainenance. This seems way too warm for real cooling comfort. I know some of you have not had this issue but would like to hear from others on other ships that this has been a problem. We have been on three Carnival cruises and must say that we couldn't really regulate a cooler temp in the cabin on any of them. We have no trouble with RC or HAL.

I just read from a cc poster that the AC on the Magic only came down to 76 and was acceptable temp according Carnival mainenance. This seems way too warm for real cooling comfort. I know some of you have not had this issue but would like to hear from others on other ships that this has been a problem. We have been on three Carnival cruises and must say that we couldn't really regulate a cooler temp in the cabin on any of them. We have no trouble with RC or HAL.

The situation you describe is the norm on Carnival ships. Even with the A/C thermostat turned all the way down, the cabins do not cool below mid 70s. Cold natured people may not mind this, but others will likely find it uncomfortable to sleep. So bringing a battery fan is a good idea. If you call and ask for someone to look at why it isn't very cool, they will tell you that it is within their guidelines which is Carnival speak for tough nookies.

I like a really cool room, especially to sleep...and have not had too many issues. But if your cabin is warm, which has happened on a few of our cruises, CCL will tell you it is working just fine (as the sweat pours down the mechanics face...LOL) I too bring a fan now! But most of the time, the temp is OK, even for me - and I like it COLD!

I've been on 10 Carnival cruises, I'm from North Dakota and my wife has hot flashes and we've never had a problem with the A/c being too warm. I keep it set at 68 degrees at home. The moment I walk into my cabin for the first time I turn it all the way down. I also keep the curtains closed when we are not in the cabin, and ask the steward to do the same.

The colder the better when I sleep. During the summer, we keep the a/c on 68 at home. I have been on three cruise. The first two were on Fantasy class ships and the room stayed nice and cool with the curtains kept closed. We cruise last on the Freedom. It didn't get as cold as we liked. I did bring a battery power fan. Good thing, because every nght we would both wake up pouring sweat. Even the people sailing with us i nthe room next door had the same issue. I think they completely cut the air off for a little while every night.

We have been on four Carnival cruises this year. Our rooms were very cool for our two cruises on the Legend and for our cruise on the Paradise. Great for sleeping. Our balcony cabin #7334 on the Liberty was so warm, we couldn't sleep with any covers. They told us the temperature was within Carnival's guidelines and gave us a fan to blow the hot air around. We are going on the Liberty again in January (which I said I would never do) as we want to do the southern caribbean itinerary and hope that our extended aft balcony cabin #6458 is cooler than our last cabin on the Liberty.

When a cruise line maintenance person or Guest Services say that a cabin temperature is "acceptable", that only means that it is within the range set by corporate policy where there will be no compensation given for the complaint. Many of the older Carnival ships had the temperature regulated simply by a damper that controlled the amount of air coming into the cabin. I can't say for sure on the Magic, but the newer way is to have cool air delivered by a large air handler to all the cabins in a zone, and then each cabin has a unit that recirculates the air in the cabin through a smaller cooler which is controlled by the cabin thermostat.

Reasons for a warm cabin could be a blocked air filter on the cabin cooler, a problem with the chilled water flow to either the cabin cooler or the zone air handler, or a blocked filter in the A/C battery room. It might affect a number of cabins in a zone, but a ship-wide lack of A/C would be very rare, unless Carnival has made a corporate decision to save money by raising temperatures.

vwrestler171 My first 3 cruises were ok, but on the Breeze it was too warm for me in my room. I prefer to sleep at 67-68 degrees at home. During the day it was fine but at night it was just too warm and the thermostat was set on the lowest setting as well.

I noticed the same thing too. During the day I was chilly in the cabin, at night it was stuffy and warm.

We keep our house at 78-80 in the summer with our air. When im outside in the Caribbean and its 85 degrees out, 76 feels really cool and comfortable for me. If its 60 in Alaska, then 76 is going to feel warm. I have never been too hot or to cold on any of my carnival cruises, 76 is fine for me