Self Control? Maybe I need cruisers anonymous...

rrrrall

So we went on our first RCI cruise as adults (I went when I was younger). Well, every day since we've been back I have mentioned cruising... Already booked our next cruise in 2015.... And am now even considering doing one of these last minute short cruises out of port Canaveral they keep marking down.

I feel like I may have an addiction starting. Uhoh....

I even asked hubby and he gave permission for me to go without him as he's out of vacation days :rolleyes:

How do people make the wait?!?

Would not have been so bad probably had the cruise not been overall amazing btw lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by rrrrall

I wonder if it is more common in men or women or if it's equal? Hubby loved it and is beyond excited for Sept but he doesn't mention it and isn't hurt to wait...

One full year... but what would you do?!? Lol

I feel for you rrrrall because you're hooked. It was the same way with me. I took my first cruise and I couldn't stop thinking about my next one.

Sorry to break this to you, but I don't think there's a cure. I know there isn't for me... I have been on four cruises in the last year and a half, and I have six more booked over the next 10 months. :o

Edit: Just in case you're taking a poll, I'm male.

Edited by Videophile

I am the one addicted in our family. DW likes the cruises and gets excited as the time gets closer, but I am the one that spends so much time on CC and looking at future cruises. But alas, we can only cruise once a year, money and time prevents us (or should say me) from making plans for more then one a year.

At this point the only thing holding me back from cruising more is lack of vacation days! :p

I work part time and am in graduate school.... I have so much work flexibility until my internship, I feel out of control (; lol

Maybe my internship will tame it some.

You'll be on that cruise high after your first, second, or even fifteenth for a while!!! CC is a great place to hangout in the meantime esp if you're not cruising in the near future!!! It's very addicting!! I got a RCCL mouse pad that says "I'd rather be Cruising" He He

Edited by RCLcruiser2012

cruisecontrol_zpsb3df3277.jpg

The truth and the struggle... It is real! Lol.

We met so many great people also.... I almost hit depression when we got home lol! After our land vacations I'm ready to come home within 3 nights.....

Cruising didn't do that to me.

I,too, have no control. I've been booked on the Serenade for Dec,2015. I soon felt that I couldn't wait that long, so I'm booked on the Enchantment in May,2015, which will leave only 7 months before Dec.I can live with that. Couldn't do one this year due to other plans.

I,too, have no control. I've been booked on the Serenade for Dec,2015. I soon felt that I couldn't wait that long, so I'm booked on the Enchantment in May,2015, which will leave only 7 months before Dec.I can live with that. Couldn't do one this year due to other plans.

Yes I tried that!! I tried for May as a middle ground, just too expensive for us to do it plus Freedom... So it couldn't be done.... but one next weekend could be hehe

So we went on our first RCI cruise as adults (I went when I was younger). Well, every day since we've been back I have mentioned cruising... Already booked our next cruise in 2015.... And am now even considering doing one of these last minute short cruises out of port Canaveral they keep marking down.

I feel like I may have an addiction starting. Uhoh....

I even asked hubby and he gave permission for me to go without him as he's out of vacation days :rolleyes:

How do people make the wait?!?

Would not have been so bad probably had the cruise not been overall amazing btw lol

You were on my Enchantment roll call... That is all I have been talking about. We are thinking of booking in 2015 as well. I wasn't addicted to cruising with Carnival but I am with Royal...I fell ya ;)

You were on my Enchantment roll call... That is all I have been talking about. We are thinking of booking in 2015 as well. I wasn't addicted to cruising with Carnival but I am with Royal...I fell ya ;)

Yup,

We booked freedom Eastern Caribbean for next year! I wanna do a 3 night enchantment really bad though (: like, now.... haha

I'm sure people are getting tired of hearing me.

Since we took our first cruise 8 years ago I'm sure there hasn't been a day (and there have been some pretty exciting days) where I didn't think about cruising. And while my wife loves cruising, I'm the one obsessed. I don't just day dream about cruising, I have real dreams about cruising, and I always know how many days until our next cruise.

We (I) am already making plans for an Alaska cruise as well as a Trans-Atlantic cruise that we can't take until my retirement, and that's still 3 years away. (sigh) We want to relocate to Florida just to be within driving distance of a wider variety of cruise options

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic (aka Cruisers Anonymous) My support group for my favorite relaxin' passion.

Yup,

We booked freedom Eastern Caribbean for next year! I wanna do a 3 night enchantment really bad though (: like, now.... haha

I'm sure people are getting tired of hearing me.

A 3 nighter would really hit the spot. If only I could be satisfied with an interior...

Enchantment was such a great ship, I would do it again if it was a different itinerary.

You'll be on that cruise high after your first, second, or even fifteenth for a while!!! CC is a great place to hangout in the meantime esp if you're not cruising in the near future!!! It's very addicting!! I got a RCCL mouse pad that says "I'd rather be Cruising" He He

I have an "I'd rather be Cruising" License Plate frame on my car.

I have an "I'd rather be Cruising" License Plate frame on my car.

Me, too.:D

I have the addiction bad and went a little crazy during the BOGOHO sale while we were on the Jewel for two weeks. Great prices and a $200 deposit for the two of us! Can't lose, right? Well, I found myself with two 7 night and two 14 & 15 night cruises booked. I did forget about a little thing called vacation time. Plus, DH reminded me none too gently that if I want to do the Med in a couple of years as promised to my family we would have to do some penny pinching, not to mention the things we want to do to the house over the next year. So, I had to swallow deep and cancel one short and one long cruise.:( It kind of sucks to be grown up.:rolleyes:

Me, too.:D

I have the addiction bad and went a little crazy during the BOGOHO sale while we were on the Jewel for two weeks. Great prices and a $200 deposit for the two of us! Can't lose, right? Well, I found myself with two 7 night and two 14 & 15 night cruises booked. I did forget about a little thing called vacation time. Plus, DH reminded me none too gently that if I want to do the Med in a couple of years as promised to my family we would have to do some penny pinching, not to mention the things we want to do to the house over the next year. So, I had to swallow deep and cancel one short and one long cruise.:( It kind of sucks to be grown up.:rolleyes:

Heyyyy,

Maybe you will have an idea... I put a deposit down on a cruise in 2015 already.... If I go on a cruise next week randomly, there is no way I could book the same cruise on board with the perks and then move my previous deposit to it is there..... :rolleyes:

The one in 2015 was booked through a TA....