Parking for princess cruises san pedro

Desert Cruizers

Wanting to make sure where the Parking Lot is for Princess at the San Pedro World Cruise Terminal and are there signs directing you.. our past travels to the area have been by private transportation so unclear driving it ourselves. Thank You.

I don't remember seeing any parking at San Pedro cruise port.

Here is the link to parking at San Pedro

http://www.cruisecenterparking.com/

I was told there is parking with a shuttle over to the Terminal, depending on whether a ship is in Port or not, daily rate $12 ( $1 first Hour), Upon exiting freeway unto Harbor BLVD you proceed straight ahead into the World Cruise Terminal grounds and proceed straight ahead to the terminal, but unclear where the parking area is off that. There is a trolley off Harbor & 6th Ave but it runs from Noon on.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

The parking lot for the World Cruise Center in San Pedro is DIRECTLY IN FRONT of the terminal!

You can't miss it...off the 110 at Harbor...go straight across Harbor Blvd as you get off the offramp, then an immediate right turn into the lot...Depending on where you find an open spot, you can park within feet of the front door!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=world+cruise+center+san+pedro,+ca&hl=en&ll=33.745878,-118.276684&spn=0.006834,0.013883&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=13.38188,28.432617&t=h&hq=world+cruise+center&hnear=San+Pedro,+Los+Angeles,+Los+Angeles+County,+California&z=17

Edited by Bruin Steve

The parking lot for the World Cruise Center in San Pedro is DIRECTLY IN FRONT of the terminal!

You can't miss it...off the 110 at Harbor...go straight across Harbor Blvd as you get off the offramp, then an immediate right turn into the lot...Depending on where you find an open spot, you can park within feet of the front door!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=world+cruise+center+san+pedro,+ca&hl=en&ll=33.745878,-118.276684&spn=0.006834,0.013883&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=13.38188,28.432617&t=h&hq=world+cruise+center&hnear=San+Pedro,+Los+Angeles,+Los+Angeles+County,+California&z=17

This! When you enter into the World Cruise Center, just follow the other vehicles past the guard booth. There'll be a marquee right there that will list all the cruise ships in port that day and which berth each one is at. Of course, you'll see these ships!:)

There's a huge parking lot right there. But no specific "Princess" parking, "Norwegian Cruise Line" parking, "Crystal" parking, etc. They allow the mixing of vehicles.;)

Many people will first drive up to the berth for their ship, unload luggage and fellow passengers, drive back down and find a parking space. The driver can then walk up or jump on the little shuttle that drives around. Probably will be quicker to walk back up and it probably won't be far. Then find your family or friends (hopefully).

We wish we could find more cruises from our home ports.

Alas...The lament of so many of us...

Carnival has always had at least a couple of ships cruising year round out of San Pedro...But many of us aren't too thrilled about Carnival...

For a good many years, Royal Caribbean had two ships home-ported at San Pedro year round--one doing 3 and 4 night cruises to Ensenada or Ensenada and Catalina...and the other doing 7 night Mexican Riviera cruises...

At one time, NCL had a ship home-ported here as well...

Princess is headquartered in Southern California, and at one point in time, had more ships here for a good part of every year (though they typically sent them all to Alaska for the Summer)...HAL as well...

But, over the past few years, the cruise lins, save Carnival, have generally deserted us...supposedly finding other routes more profitable...

All of the bad publicity surrounding Mexico hasn't helped...and is likely the major culprit...And, supposedly, there are not that many alternate routes available from LA...

They have started doing a few "California Coastal" routes--with stops that may be attractive to those from out of the area, but very pedestrian to those of us who live here (Do I really want to drive down to San Pedro to get on a ship that will take me to Ensenada then turn around and come back to Santa Barbara--which is almost as close to home as San Pedro is? And then up to San Francisco--where I go all the time for quick weekends or for business trips anyway?) And that needing to go to Ensenada thing sort of hurts these itineraries as well...

There are always a couple of Panama Canal transits per year for every ship heading to Alaska for the season that are otherwise home-ported in the Caribbean...But these are always Spring and Autumn which doesn't help those of us with school/teachers' calendars to deal with...And one still has to deal with one-way airfare to or from Florida...

So, the offerings are sparse...and almost disappear entirely during the summer--when a lot of us want to take vacations...

It used to be where we could look forward to a nice Mexican Riviera cruise in the summer and also to going on a couple of weekend Baja cruises during the rest of the year...But, since Royal Caribbean abandoned the market, those are gone (unless one wanted to go with Carnival--and those are simply not appealing to us).

We've managed to get lucky last November and again this November as Princess has had a nice little 3 nighter that fits well into that small niche we have right before our family Thanksgiving obligations...

But, overall, we really miss the days when we had Royal Caribbean doing year round Mexico from LA...

Alas...The lament of so many of us...

Carnival has always had at least a couple of ships cruising year round out of San Pedro...But many of us aren't too thrilled about Carnival...

And many of us are.;)

Carnival sails out of Long Beach, rarely out of San Pedro. I know you know that, must have been a slip of the fingers.:)

More ships and lines are coming back to SoCal, San Pedro/Long Beach and San Diego. Princess is doing some interesting cruises into the Sea of Cortez. We did a 10 day in March and are doing a 9day in January. NCL is going to be doing a few cruises here as well. HAL has been sailing out of San Diego more and more.

And many of us are.;)

Carnival sails out of Long Beach, rarely out of San Pedro. I know you know that, must have been a slip of the fingers.:)

More ships and lines are coming back to SoCal, San Pedro/Long Beach and San Diego. Princess is doing some interesting cruises into the Sea of Cortez. We did a 10 day in March and are doing a 9day in January. NCL is going to be doing a few cruises here as well. HAL has been sailing out of San Diego more and more.

Yes I meant LONG BEACH for Carnival...I was thinking too far ahead as I typed...

Thise cruise lines are coming back only a little...No one's really home-porting any ships here, there's just adding a few cruises "while they are in the neighborhood" as they get the ships out of Alaska at the end of the season and are not ready to go back to the Caribbean and hit the end of the hurricane season...and other situations like that...

What some of us would really like to see are ships home-ported year round in SoCal...They don't have to do continual 3/4 nighters to Ensenada or 52 Standard Mexican Rivieras a year...They can mix it up. There are several variations one can do out of LA: Baja...Mexican Riviera (Cabo, Mazatlan, PV)...Variations on the Mexican Riviera--Throw Manazanillo, Ixtapa or other ports into the mix...Sea of Cortez...Hawaii...California Coastals...Longer one way itineraries--say all the way down to Central America or South America...

I'd love to see some options that we might take here for a SUMMER vacation!

Now, as to Carnival, I DO understand that SOME people love Carnival. There is a cruise line for everybody. Everybody has different standards, criteria, expectations, etc. But, seriously, and I don't want to upset or insult Carnival afficianados, Carnival is simply NOT the highest quality cruise line. They jam far too many people on each ship. They cut too many corners. They market to a clientele that is, mostly, looking for cheap prices and what Carnival calls "Fun". But, with those low space-per-passenger and crew-per-passenger ratios and with much of the budgetary frugality, comes a lesser cruise experience...And, yes, of course, that cruise experience is just wonderful for some people...It CAN be "fun" if it's what you are looking for...It beats staying home and going to work...It is a vacation...

But, of course, some people love eating at Denny's or McDonalds...Nothing wrong with that...

For many of us, though, if we are paying out the kind of money we are paying for a cruise, we also don't mind paying just a little more to get a little better experience...a little better service, a more elegant cruise, a less crowded ship...

And, of course, that isn't for everyone either...

But it would be nice to have those choices...

Think about living in a town where Denny's and McDonalds were the only restaurants...Some people would be very content...Others would want somebdy to open up an upscale eatery...

We still enjoy Princess, but lately, their prices deter us from sailing with them. Now they have fantastic itineraries, but my husband said after our 2nd cruise with RCCL, that he prefers RCCL for over all cruise experience. I would love to see them bring back the RT Alaska rather then cruise + land trip. As far as distance for us here in Palm Springs, SP or SD are about equal in driving time, but we look for cruises to places we haven't been to rather then spend the money on repeat itineraries.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I wouldn't mind doing a coastal cruise (on Princess, which we prefer), but the dates haven't worked out for us. Plus Ensenada would be a sea day for us. The last two Hawaiian cruises, we treated the Ensenada stop as a stationery sea day. Just been there, done that way too many times. Wouldn't mind a roundtrip that goes up to Vancouver and back, but again, the dates matter.