Cheers! pricing changes yet again

bumbleklutz

For what it's worth, it looks like Carnival has changed the verbiage and pricing on their web site concerning the Cheers! program once again. It now states that pricing will be based on the length of the cruise, and SEASONALITY. It then gives a range of pricing that you might be charged based on the length of the voyage. A call to Carnival to find specific pricing on my upcoming cruise was fruitless. :confused:

See the revised verbiage and pricing here: http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

For what it's worth, it looks like Carnival has changed the verbiage and pricing on their web site concerning the Cheers! program once again. It now states that pricing will be based on the length of the cruise, and SEASONALITY. It then gives a range of pricing that you might be charged based on the length of the voyage. A call to Carnival to find specific pricing on my upcoming cruise was fruitless. :confused:

See the revised verbiage and pricing here: http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

Interesting that they don't say what the prices are for which season.

Interesting that they don't say what the prices are for which season.

Exactly. That's why I called to ask. The gentleman I spoke with wasn't even aware of the first price reduction, let alone this new "price range" system based on seasonality. When I gave him the figures on the web site he contacted guest services, and even they had no idea about it. So essentially it's a crap shoot. On a seven day voyage you might be charged $262.50 plus 15% gratuity or you might be charged $399.50 plus 15% gratuity; or any amount in between for that matter. :eek:

Seasonality? Really? They need to post the damn prices, per day all-in and cut the BS.

Carnival is famous for this kind of thing. You can call their Customer Service line 4 times with a question and get 4 different replies because none of them have been given a straight answer or have access to accurate information themselves.

Oh well, if it's the $37.50 on September 21 we thought it was going to be we'll get it....if it closer to the old price we won't. It would be nice to know before we get on the ship.

Seasonality? Really? They need to post the damn prices, per day all-in and cut the BS.

Carnival is famous for this kind of thing. You can call their Customer Service line 4 times with a question and get 4 different replies because none of them have been given a straight answer or have access to accurate information themselves.

Oh well, if it's the $37.50 on September 21 we thought it was going to be we'll get it....if it closer to the old price we won't. It would be nice to know before we get on the ship.

Agreed. I'm hoping they get this one figured out before I cruise on Sept 21 as well. The $262.50 for a 7 day cruise does work out to $37.50 per day, but at $399.50 for a 7 day cruise it's $57.07 per day. Ouch! that's more than the original pricing at $49.95 per day regardless of the length of the cruise. :confused:

Just what Carnival needs are more ambiguous pricing rules. :rolleyes:

Carnival must employ at least one person that does nothing but figure out how to make pricing for various things as confusing as possible. I thought it was a good idea to price it based on the length of the cruise, but now this range crap is crap. There's a huge difference between $262 an $399!:confused:

And when do you find out how much the package would be for your sailing? When you board? Come onnnn!

Carnival must employ at least one person that does nothing but figure out how to make pricing for various things as confusing as possible. I thought it was a good idea to price it based on the length of the cruise, but now this range crap is crap. There's a huge difference between $262 an $399!:confused:

And when do you find out how much the package would be for your sailing? When you board? Come onnnn!

Yes. And no doubt the 8 pages of new terms and conditions will be out in a week or two.....

As it currently appears in that link now, I read it as these are the current prices, but we might change our mind again someday.

I wouldn't worry about the prices being anything other than what it says there. There was some ambiguity about seasonality when they originally published the new price structure last week, but it appeared with the wording about longer voyages - and that completely makes sense.

This exactly. I start planning and budgeting 12-18 months in advance for my cruises, and while I was elated to see the price drop, I'm certainly going to be frustrated if I'm asked to cough up a lot of extra cash for the cheers program that was not budgeted.

It becomes particularly irritating when you consider that at $399.50 it's actually MORE expensive than it was at the original pricing of $49.95 per day regardless of cruise length.

This exactly. I start planning and budgeting 12-18 months in advance for my cruises, and while I was elated to see the price drop, I'm certainly going to be frustrated if I'm asked to cough up a lot of extra cash for the cheers program that was not budgeted.

It becomes particularly irritating when you consider that at $399.50 it's actually MORE expensive than it was at the original pricing of $49.95 per day regardless of cruise length.

Unless of course we find out on our next cruise that price of drinks has gone up again....

I completely agree with you. I need to know what to budget. I also need to know if it makes more sense to go on a different line depending on the pricing of the Cheers program.

Agreed. I'm hoping they get this one figured out before I cruise on Sept 21 as well. The $262.50 for a 7 day cruise does work out to $37.50 per day, but at $399.50 for a 7 day cruise it's $57.07 per day. Ouch! that's more than the original pricing at $49.95 per day regardless of the length of the cruise. :confused:

Ok folks, calm down a little...lol. $399 for a 7 or 8 day cruise. I am mad about this as well, but, do the math $399 divided by 8 is $49.88 basically the same price as before. No it isn't clear about what price you will pay, but, it should not be more than before. I'll just pay by the drink on this cruise and maybe look at the alternatives for the next cruise. Have a great day!

Yes. I cancelled my Bon Voyage order for this Friday based on the $37.50/day pricing update. Even if the price of the program does not change, the fact that they changed or altered the terms within a few days of the original roll out indicates a lack a thought and preparedness. Some do like to plan and save for vacation, and this smoke and mirrors game throws a wrench in that. Very minor league!

So this is just me speculating. Suppose the seasonality part is just a clause so they can jack up prices for Spring Break or New Years cruises? I agree the range is very vague. I don't like the wait and see approach. I cruise on Sunday.

Ben

Sent from my Apple 2e

So this is just me speculating. Suppose the seasonality part is just a clause so they can jack up prices for Spring Break or New Years cruises? I agree the range is very vague. I don't like the wait and see approach. I cruise on Sunday.

Ben

Sent from my Apple 2e

My bet is on Spring Break and maybe cruises with lots of sea days. SWAT conventions and such.

Everything is subject to change without notice so it is always wait and see.

Carnival confusion reigns. next thing we know each cruise will have a different Cheers cost associated with it. How many days.? (Will people on a 34 day cruise drink less per sea day than on a 7 day trip?)"What season(can we charge more because it is a high season time?) How many port days versus sea days when people drink more? Right down to extra cost for pouring service in the MDR for your wine? How about average ambient temperature in the ports over the last three years?( somebody knows how much more 1000 people will drink for every 2degree rise in temperature).

Come on Carnival....decide , let your staff ALL know, then let the public know.

We will decide if it is a good deal or not. Big rule of promotions. KISS. Keep it simple,stupid.