Cheers! pricing changes yet again

bumbleklutz

Was going to purchase cheers for our upcoming 8 day in November, as I knew to budget $345 * 2 or $690 total. If the price is higher than this, I will go back to smuggling, because I don't know what to budget.

And I guarantee that if I end up smuggling, I will be paying less than $690 for drinks from the Carnival bartenders during the length of the cruise.

GOOD JOB CARNIVAL!

Edited by loanshark

I'm confused about the tax part. If we are allowed 10$ and under ... It said for example the drink is 5$ we are still getting charges .50cents on our s&s card .. When it's still under 10$ shouldn't it be free??

And the us water part is charged taxes... Is this just while In port and haven't departed ? Or how long are we considered in us waters. I'm sure the taxes will add up on each drink if so!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish they would have just kept the original pricing and made it unlimited drinks like Norwegian.

...or nearly every other mass market cruise line.

Carnival used to advertise the "My Awesome Bar" package as unlimited, even though some ships had a YMMV cap at 15. Some other cruise lines also do not require everyone in the stateroom over 21 to partake in the program.

Edited by Disconnections

We just got off the Dream price was 37.50 per day with all the bells and whistles it came to $302 per person. Work out great for us!! The amount is set by the number of days on your cruise. Didn't see a difference in the prices for the steakhouse was the same $35 per person as last year.

My guess is Carnivals knows the demographics on each cruise based on aged booked. A cruise with a bunch of twenties Cheers price goes up. A cruise with a bunch of 50+ the Cheers goes down. They choose the season when appropriate. Wouldn't surprise me if individual drink prices become variable based on that that theory of better yet changes based on sales throughout the cruise.

Just paid total of $603.00 for 2 last week on the last 7 day of the Legend out of Tampa. Going on Victory on 11-06-14 and it will be $207.00 for the 4 day.

How did you get this price? I only see a range of prices based on duration and seasonality. Is this just the max price?

My guess is Carnivals knows the demographics on each cruise based on aged booked. A cruise with a bunch of twenties Cheers price goes up. A cruise with a bunch of 50+ the Cheers goes down. They choose the season when appropriate. Wouldn't surprise me if individual drink prices become variable based on that that theory of better yet changes based on sales throughout the cruise.

I can only hope! :p

But seriously, I do not think even Carnival would play games to that extent. Oh wait..what am I saying. :cool:

I can only hope! :p

But seriously, I do not think even Carnival would play games to that extent. Oh wait..what am I saying. :cool:

I never thought Carnival would play all the games with the so called specials when booking (omg how many rates can a person book under) nor allow passengers the ability to pay to get on the ship as if VIP among many other things. I feel were are just seeing the initial wave of creative ways Carnival can maximize profits by keeping things variable.

If I owned Carnival I would certainly be doing the same thing everyone else is.

I'm confused about the tax part. If we are allowed 10$ and under ... It said for example the drink is 5$ we are still getting charges .50cents on our s&s card .. When it's still under 10$ shouldn't it be free??

And the us water part is charged taxes... Is this just while In port and haven't departed ? Or how long are we considered in us waters. I'm sure the taxes will add up on each drink if so!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The taxes have nothing to do with the cheers program. you pay taxes on drinks ordered when you are not in international waters whether you have the cheers program or you buy the drinks individually. How long you pay taxes depend on how long it takes for the ship to get to international waters. Some are only and hour or so, others like Baltimore take 6- 7 hours to get to the ocean.

I had just convinced my DH to try Cheers on our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on the Sunshine. He thought the $37.50 price was reasonable and we would give it a try, but if our cruise has the higher pricing then there is no way we would do it. It would be nice if Carnival could tell you what the seasons will be. It's not like they don't know this. This way we know ahead of time whether we are going to do it or not. I hate getting some where thinking its one price then they tell you it's a higher price.

I am really bummed about this change. Sailing on a New Year's cruise and will not be taking advantage of CHEERS if pricing is above the older pricing structure. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really bummed about this change. Sailing on a New Year's cruise and will not be taking advantage of CHEERS if pricing is above the older pricing structure. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did not buy it on our NY cruise this year, Carnival was handing out free champagne on embark, I had a buzz before muster. :p

They also gave out free champagne on NYE/party on deck for at least 3 hrs. That's a lot of drinking!

Oh for Pete's sake! This is something you really need to know before you get on the ship!

Of course you need to know, how else do you budget? There are many people that have to know exactly what they can spend before they set foot on the ship.

I have figured from past cruises we spend $100 a day for liquor, so on a 7 day cruise like we have coming up, I would pay the $600 but not $800 because that would be just throwing hard earned $$$ away.

Not everything you read is a deal. :)