Cheers! pricing changes yet again

bumbleklutz

Well, at least the wording has changed for the better in my opinion. I think people who mentioned the "seasonal" as being holidays are probably right. I think spring break, Christmas, etc will be at a higher price and the "normal" weeks will be at the lower price. Well, at least that is what I'm hoping. I guess we will be hearing in the coming months our fellow CC members experiences. Until then, there is really no way to know.

CHEERS! Beverage Package

Using the CHEERS! beverage package, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits (including cocktails and frozen drinks), along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient flat rate plus tax and a 15% gratuity added at the time the package is purchased.

3 day $55 per person/per day

4 day $45 per person/per day

5 and 6 day $42.50 per person/per day

7 days and longer $37.50 per person/per day

CHEERS! Beverage Package

Using the CHEERS! beverage package, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits (including cocktails and frozen drinks), along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient flat rate plus tax and a 15% gratuity added at the time the package is purchased.

yes and if you look two paragraphs down from this it says

Prices are subject to change and price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price.

so same bull as the seasonal but different wording.

At least it's not a published range of prices like it was morning. :rolleyes: They should just let people pre-pay for the package up until 2 weeks prior to sailing thru the Bon Voyage department and charge whatever price they want to at the door. That way, those of us who know better will be happy and people who cruise uninformed won't be disappointed.

their website has changed but if you look a little further down in the description is now says this... So based on the hightlighted part does it suggest they can still change the price the day you board??

Prices are subject to change and price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price

Well at least the wording changed again. I am sailing on the Miracle New Year's cruise and I really cannot justify paying $399.50 plus an additional 15% gratuity for a total of $459.43.

Edited by bdever

their website has changed but if you look a little further down in the description is now says this... So based on the hightlighted part does it suggest they can still change the price the day you board??

Prices are subject to change and price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price

So what they are saying is "here are some arbitrary prices that may or may not be in existence when you actually board the ship"

Got it. :cool:

Carnivals new Cheers policy sounds like bait and switch

No, not bait and switch because they are telling you up front that they have no idea what the price will be before your cruise. They might as well just say on the website that they have a Cheers program but not tell you any number before you get on board.

All spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount – drinks count toward the 15 drink total per 24 hour period) If I remember correctly, aren't the drink of the day's more than $10.00? If so then on top of the package price you're still going to pay at least $7.50 per DOD?

I thought the 49.95 (plus gratuity) I paid last year per day was an excellent price. Saved me $100 for the week on my drinks. Thats what I budgeted for my next cruise. If it is less (like it looks like it will be) then my cruise will be off to a great start :)

And just when you thought you finally won something... you get hit with price increases for the specialty restaurants, Cheers and the automatic gratuity.

Oh, Carnival. You're so silly, you.

I LOVE the English language clarification! You might want to add the other big word of confusion...to, two, or too!!