chair hogs

SuperGrace2002

I understand the issue of lounger holder-uppers.

and I have only been on one cruise and never made it to the pool anytime it was a 4 day cruise with 3 ports - so pool wasn't something that I managed. However this second cruise I am planning has 3 sea days - if I bring my towel with me I would put it on a lounger to get in the pool and I stay in pool longer - don't want to be a chair hog - but frankly not sure where else I would put my towel otherwise.

But is there like a towel station at the pools to get a towel when I get out, so I wouldn't have to bring one with me at all - and avoid hoging a lounger?

Yeah another CHOG thread... :)

To answer the question, yes, there is a towel shack. You just have to show them your S&S card. It is nice to see you offering to be considerate of not needing a chair.

thank you. yeah I'll get enough sun in the pool so wont need to hold one up knowing ill be in the pool, ill just find one later if I want to lounge. But was just concerned with all the CHOG threads that I have come across that no one really states a place to put your towel otherwise. But knowing there is a station then I wont even bother bring one with me.

thanks again.

A "chair hog" is someone who "claims" a chair LONG before they need one....getting out of your lounger to go to the pool, or restroom, or bar is NOT "hogging"....that's all part of using your lounger and the pool!

I agree. What the OP described is not CHOGGING to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I agree. What the OP described is not CHOGGING to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Agreed. We're never away from our chairs for more than 10-15 minutes. A quick jump in the pool, beer run, bathroom break etc. Sometimes we'll be by two whole rows of chairs with "stuff" on it and never see the people once in a few hour period. SMH

8 days are definitely better than 7... :)

And for the slide, I just take my towel up with me and leave it by the rail. I tend to do "multiple" trips down the slides :)

yeah everyone says 8 too. First cruise I got sick at dessert time so it sort of dictated my rest of the cruise hoping I wont get sick this time lol and I never made it to the slide on the first cruise either.

Yeah multiple times down the slide is most likely a given so ill take my towel then.

thanks.

Best time to go is when the ship gets to port. Most everyone is gone for the first few hours and you basically have the ship to yourself. One cruise, I was on the slide for like 90 minutes by myself. The crew person watching the slide gave me pointers on how to get your speed up on the slide after watching me "crawl" down it. :)

But make sure you have sunscreen on... you can get a nice burn if you are on the slide for a while :)

A "chair hog" is someone who "claims" a chair LONG before they need one....getting out of your lounger to go to the pool, or restroom, or bar is NOT "hogging"....that's all part of using your lounger and the pool!

And I don't think people would really notice if it were just one or two chairs together. It's when you have a whole line of 6 or 8 or 10 that it gets really annoying.

These "chair hogs" you all speak of, is there a particular area of the ship where they tend to gather or flock too?

Sure is - think of the most desirable location of chaise loungers, and that will be the place! Right next to the pool, and in the shade, just back from the pool. If it's the place you would want to sit, you will likely find chairs taken by 7am with a flip-flop here, a paperback there, a row of 25 towels, 4 pairs of sunglasses, a left flip flop, 8 more towels, the matching right flip flop, a few beach bags sprinkled about. And all of this by 6 or 7am!

BTW, there was a YouTube video linked from this website showing people wandering around at 6am laying their belongings here and there. Have also seen 2 people "reserve" 4-6 chairs. Two by the pool, two in the shade by the pool, and two at a table.

Edited by A2Mich