Flying into FLL, 11:15 arrival

massfamilyof4

We always arrive a day early but circumstances don't allow it for our November Breeze cruise out of Miami. I am having anxiety about getting to the ship on time. Assuming our flight is on time, do you think we will have trouble making it to the ship on time? Should I be nervous?

You will have PLENTY of time, as long as your flight is on time! Even if you check luggage on the plane...it's about a 45 min ride to Miami. Google some of the shuttle services...you do NOT want to use a cab for this trip...too pricey! Check SAS transportation.

We always arrive a day early but circumstances don't allow it for our November Breeze cruise out of Miami. I am having anxiety about getting to the ship on time. Assuming our flight is on time, do you think we will have trouble making it to the ship on time? Should I be nervous?

What is your port time, and it's out of Miami? How many flights? Did you book your first out, at your airport? Is there another flight, available that would get you there within an hour? IF the flight is on time- yes, you should be fine.

I too would suggest you just do carry on. Then you can be on your shuttle before noon. Checked Baggage adds at least 15++++ minutes.

I would highly recommend SAS transportation. I left from T.F. Green (pvd) airport last Thursday morning the day of our cruise. We landed in FLL at 9:55am and SAS was right there with a few other couples. We got to Port of Miami by 11am after one last pickup. $15 for one way per person. Carnival charges $30 one way per person. Used them for the return trip also.

A 2pm arrival is quoted by Carnival as the latest arrival for their shuttle service, even with checked baggage. SAS is a good choice for $15 per person, but if you anxiety gets the best of you, consider Carnival's shuttle at $30 per person. Of course at $15 per person extra, you could buy a few drinks on the plane to ease your anxiety.

I am arriving at FLL at 11:30 for my Breeze cruise. Booked SAS to shuttle me to POM. I'm only taking a carry on. Hoping to be aboard by 1:00 pm.

Booked SAS for my return to FLL as well. Have used them 3 times prior, without issue.

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Edited by soccersharon

I am arriving at FLL at 11:00 am on October 26 for a cruise on the Conquest and using SAS transportation also. I have a direct flight to FLL. If I had a connection I would fly in a day sooner. If you are flying direct no problem and on time. Like the above posts said use SAS, they're quicker and cheaper.

Gary.

Edited by Shipbound

We flew from NY to FLL in july. Landed in FLL just after 10am, gathered checked bag & too carnival shuttle to the Freedom. I just checked time stamps on my pics & we pulled up to the ship at 11:13am. Customs was easy but lines to check in & get S&S were long. We were standing in the atrium by 12:05pm.

If you're flight goes as scheduled you will be fine! FLL is so small. We stopped to go to the restroom & by thr the time we got to baggage our bags had already been removed from the carousel to the office!:eek: in NY we'd have still been waiting for the first bags to roll out.

We leave on the Glory on Sept. 20 and our flight gets into Ft. Lauderdale at 1:00. I booked everything thru Carnival and I have been told we will make the ship. We leave Dallas at 6AM. There is no way my husband and I can pack for a week with just carry-on. Last cruise I had one carry-on bag with just shoes but we drove to Galveston. Can't do that this time. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes as scheduled. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

We leave on the Glory on Sept. 20 and our flight gets into Ft. Lauderdale at 1:00. I booked everything thru Carnival and I have been told we will make the ship. We leave Dallas at 6AM. There is no way my husband and I can pack for a week with just carry-on. Last cruise I had one carry-on bag with just shoes but we drove to Galveston. Can't do that this time. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes as scheduled. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Someone told you that you'd make the ship and you believe them? Sorry, but there's no way ANYBODY can say you'll make the ship. Nobody cannot control or foresee weather, mechanical problems, flight crew problems, etc. They should have said "If everything goes right, you'll make the ship."

You're also cruising during a peak hurricane month, which adds more opportunity for problems. Sometimes a hurricane is heading to Florida and they'll stop flights for hours or even a full day at the airports where they expect weather problems.

Hopefully you have passports so you can fly to the first port if you don't make the ship.

Someone told you that you'd make the ship and you believe them? Sorry, but there's no way ANYBODY can say you'll make the ship. Nobody cannot control or foresee weather, mechanical problems, flight crew problems, etc. They should have said "If everything goes right, you'll make the ship."

You're also cruising during a peak hurricane month, which adds more opportunity for problems. Sometimes a hurricane is heading to Florida and they'll stop flights for hours or even a full day at the airports where they expect weather problems.

Hopefully you have passports so you can fly to the first port if you don't make the ship.

Wow.....what a "debbie downer" reply

it could go either way really... as long as you make your flight and there are no weather issues, you should be fine. it takes 45 minutes for the ride from FLL to Miami Port... this is the time i arrived on my last cruise and was on the ship by a little after noon. Of 26 cruises, the majority have been during hurricane season (Sept or Oct.) and luckily for me, I have never had a flight issue hold me back from making the ship on time.

Ever see butch Cassidy and the sun dance kid, where Robert Redford won't jump off the cliff in to the river? Assuming the flight would be on time in November and worrying about the shuttle is kind of like that....

YOU DAMN FOOL, THE FALL WILL PROBABLY KILL YOU!

That having been said, might still do a single hop on cruise day someday, but if I had to do a connection I would layover on the connecting airport the night before, or look at airports further away for the night before and rent a car and drive until I was at less than three hours from the port and get a hotel there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Be sure you have insurance. A lady missed her cruise in Galveston last weekend. Her flight was delayed by weather and then mechanical problems. She got to the terminal with the gangway still down but the manifest had already been turned in to port authorities so they would not let her on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums