Breeze Bachelor Party??? Thoughts?

bwg03

Hi All-

I am getting married next September and I am trying to think of some ideas for my bachelor party.

I love cruising and have been on 11 of them. The idea came to my head to do an 8nt Southern Caribbean Carnival Breeze Cruise.

Good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas?

Not looking to get a crazy party atmosphere but definitely will be drinking. Value is there with the food included, etc.

Any thoughts? Better to do a shorter cruise?

My first thought is you have some really great friends to take a 8 night cruise with you for a bachelor party....Hopefully they aren't married yet or they may not be as great.

But hey if you can pull it off go for it but the shorter cruise sounds better.

Congrats!

Great idea, bro. As for the cruise itself consider the budgets and time constraints of the people you want to show up. Not everyone cruises or wants to cruise. All your guests may not be able to afford the cruise or the time away from work. LDL would err on the conservative side and would rather have more friends make it for a shorter cruise. More people, better party. But that's how LDL rolls.

:D

Edited by lido deck larry

Cruise would be $1200 per person for a balcony room for 8 nights. I figure that isnt all terrible.. But I am now thinking it may be too long or too much for some.. Not looking for 15 people to make it.. Would rather have my best 6-8 friends make it.

Cruise would be $1200 per person for a balcony room for 8 nights. I figure that isnt all terrible.. But I am now thinking it may be too long or too much for some.. Not looking for 15 people to make it.. Would rather have my best 6-8 friends make it.

LDL would do that, but loves to cruise. No boss either to negotiate the time off. For some this vacation might be their only one for the year. Twelve hundo plus air might be too much for some, especially if they don't know the magic of the lido.

I think it is a great idea, and if you time it right you can cruise for much less than you noted. We leave tomorrow 8 day Sunshine (Breeze had same great deals but we are much closer to Canaveral). Balcony guaranty for less than $700pp double occ so if you put four in price will drop from that.

Enjoy Breeze is a great ship. We sailed a six day last summer.

Let us all know when and where so that we can stay far away, THANKS.:eek:

^^^

There's always one mor*n.

He obviously doesn't want a wild and crazy bachelor party and has a lot of experience cruising. 6-8 of his closest friends for a week before getting married sounds like an awesome idea. Let me know what cruises you'll be on so that I can stay far away! THANKS:eek:

Its a great idea and the Breeze is a great ship to do it on. Depending on what rate you book under that $1200.00 may come down considerably, then again doing the 6 day route on the Breeze isn't a bad idea either. Congrats, good luck and have fun.

Maybe find a couple of other cruises (a 3 or 4 night, a 6 or 7 night) with prices and give your friends the options along with the 8 night. See what your friends think. You might have better luck getting them on a shorter cruise than on a longer one.

Ha! If my husband told me he wanted to go on an 8 night cruise for a buddy's bachelor party, I'd tell him that buddy better be paying for it, including drinks. Not to mention the fact he'd be throwing away a week of vacation for a buddy trip. Better be some damn good diamonds for sale at some of those ports.

Edited by irishnyc

I'll just leave a link to the "JUST OFF VICTORY - Almost had to call security!!!!" thread below. Part of the discussion involves bachelor parties.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090635

Let us all know when and where so that we can stay far away, THANKS.:eek:

Just because other Bachelor parties got out of hand does not mean this one will.

Just because other Bachelor parties got out of hand does not mean this one will.

I never said that it would get out of hand. OP was asking for insight, as to whether or not it was a good or a bad idea. OP then asked for feedback on bachelor parties held on cruises with a shorter duration. The thread I linked to was very specific, in regards to bachelor parties on short cruises and the effect it has caused towards fellow cruisers.

Awesome idea and I wish I would've done something similar, as I would've only invited my absolute closest friends as well.

If for some reason an 8 night proves to be a bit hard for some of your friends to commit to, maybe you can throttle it back to a shorter cruise, maybe a 4 night over a weekend. I know that had it been my friends, some would've been able to make it, and others would've not been able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Since you asked our opinion I would say look at shorter cruises so your buddies don't use all of their vacation time and money up. My family of 4 can book a 5 night out of New Orleans for less than 1200.00

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is a PITA getting strippers to your cabin.....just keep that in mind.....

In all seriousness, you'll have a blast....however, if your buddies want to go but can't swing that much time off work, you might find a shorter cruise more doable.

Congrats and good luck!

My first thought was you have a very understanding bride! If she's cool with it and your buddies can afford it, why not??

Agree. It sounds like a plan if your friends can coordinate schedules.

A few of the posts on this thread bring up the cost of the trip. You know your own finances and the financial status of your friends and I'm sure if you are considering a $1500pp week away it's doable.

Many times, people assume that everybody's finances are the same as their own and if you are going on a Carnival cruise you are living hand to mouth on a tight budget or paycheck to paycheck and $1500 spent on a lifetime memory is going to break the bank.

I hope it works out for you. Congratulations!!

Edited by AdGuyMG

Let's say you ask your 6-8 friends and only half of them can swing it for financial or time off reasons. Wouldn't you rather have all of your 6-8 friends attend your party at some other place. Then if you want to take a cruise, take your new wife on a honeymoon cruise.

Most men balk these days at even having to pay $100 for a tux rental let alone $1200 for a bachelor party. Then as another poster mentioned, more than likely there's the airfare added on top of the cruise fare. That could jack the price up to as much as $2000 depending on where they fly from.

Think too about your friends. Will you be putting them on the spot if they can't afford it but don't want to hurt your feelings by declining the cruise.

Edited by RWolver672

Let's say you ask your 6-8 friends and only half of them can swing it for financial or time off reasons. Wouldn't you rather have all of your 6-8 friends attend your party at some other place. Then if you want to take a cruise, take your new wife on a honeymoon cruise.

Most men balk these days at even having to pay $100 for a tux rental let alone $1200 for a bachelor party. Then as another poster mentioned, more than likely there's the airfare added on top of the cruise fare. That could jack the price up to as much as $2000 depending on where they fly from.

Think too about your friends. Will you be putting them on the spot if they can't afford it but don't want to hurt your feelings by declining the cruise.

I thought of the tux rental price too, and here they're closer to $200 these days, or at least they were for the last wedding DH was in, and that was 9 or 10 years ago.

When I got married vacation bachelor/ette parties were just beginning to become popular. One friend in my circle of friends had hers in Las Vegas. I couldn't afford to go because I got married just a few months after her and finances were tight. She was surprised only 4 friends ponied up for her Vegas trip, and enjoyed my bachelorette party of dinner and a (raunchy, bachelorette party appropriate) show much more than she enjoyed her own because there was no huge financial pressure, and more of us had fun together.