Favorite food you cannot deny yourself

treasure4two

In the past I have gained way too much weight with each cruise and this time I'm not willing to suffer the consequences of that so I'm making sure that when I splurge that it's going to be fantabulous! The one thing that I'm really looking forward to (hope they still have it in Feb) is the banana cream pie at the Punchliner brunch (sp?) It was so good last time that I had 2! I will happily forgo dessert on the other days so that I can enjoy 1 slice of that pie!

Grand Mariner soufflé, which I heard they took off the new menu.

And crème brulee, which I have not seen since 2011.

Oh, and my absolute favorite was the Mongolian Beef Salad, which I hope makes its way back onto the menu somewhere.

But we both love the new steak and eggs, which was the best thing we had last cruise.

Sorry, I just can't figure out what WCMC is and I'm curious because I may be missing out on something delicious! :p

Warm chocolate melting cake. It is almost like a brownie that is 1/2 baked and served with a side of vanilla ice cream. Delicious does not even begin to describe it!!! I drool just looking at pictures of it. :o:DI think there are whole threads devoted to it! :eek::p:cool:

I'm not usually one who eats desserts, except when I can get creme brulee.

There was a thread about how bland desserts are, especially all the luscious items on Lido. The next cruise, I decided to try as many as possible. It was true, they really look scrumptious but many had little flavor. However, the key lie pie was a real winner! And they do make fabulous chocolate cakes!

In the dining room. It's not always listed in the menu, but unless I'm mistaken, they always have it available for the kids. Sometimes they have it on the buffet.

Yes, you can usually order it as a side even tho it's not always listed. I believe on the last night they offer it with chicken and bacon on top. Splendor has the rotisserie and has mac and cheese there.

I'm not usually one who eats desserts, except when I can get creme brulee.

There was a thread about how bland desserts are, especially all the luscious items on Lido. The next cruise, I decided to try as many as possible. It was true, they really look scrumptious but many had little flavor. However, the key lie pie was a real winner! And they do make fabulous chocolate cakes!

Yes, Creme Brûlée is right up there with the Escargots as my favorites. :D

Is this served on the buffet or just in the MDR?u

You can get it in the MDR, room service..and I have asked for it at the sandwich place in The lido...but that was a few years ago...don't think I have seen it in the lido on the buffet...

I LOVE the vegetable spring rolls in the main dinning room, turkey on a country roll from the deli, BLT from room service, Bacon and Chicken mac and cheese from the brunch, for breakfast I usually have a bagel with cream cheese crispy bacon and slice or two of cheese on it (so good but so bad for you only on vacation lol), and of course most of the deserts from the MDR and all the fruity adult beverages I have a REALLY bad sweet tooth!!!! 73 days can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Edited by horsegal