Is there a separate waiting area for Elite guests in POM ?

billy10

I know there is a separate area in the port in fort Lauderdale but was wondering if there is a separate waiting area for elite guests in Miami port. Thanks for any info

Hi Billy,

I havent sailed from Miami in about a year. That I recall, there wasn't a separate waiting area for Elite members, but there was a separate check-in line if that helps.

I'm sailing on Eclipse for her first Miami sailing in November, and will be sure to see if anything has changed. Hope this is helpful !

I know there is a separate area in the port in fort Lauderdale\

Availability of a separate waiting area for Elite guests varies by cruise terminal/pier assignment at Port Everglades...

When I sailed from Miami in January, there was apparently a separate waiting area for Elite+ and above. I didn't go because my traveling companions weren't Elite+. There was no place to sit and we stood in line forever because the INS was doing a full immigration inspection of the crew. I don't know if they actually had chairs in the other waiting space.

I know there is a separate area in the port in fort Lauderdale but was wondering if there is a separate waiting area for elite guests in Miami port. Thanks for any info

Yes, there is. It's not really a formal waiting area. It's just a section of the room that's right next to the escalator that goes up to the ship. Basically, it just puts you at the front of the line and you'll be first to board.

thanks for the information & for those of you who asked does it really matter? Yes it does I'm traveling with a friend who has beginning stages of ALS & he is too proud to ask for help at this point & I'm just wondering if it would be a little easier for him to board without help. So for those of you with a legitimate answer. Thank you

Yes, there is. It's not really a formal waiting area. It's just a section of the room that's right next to the escalator that goes up to the ship. Basically, it just puts you at the front of the line and you'll be first to board.

If I recall , this area is after you check in if you are too early to board.

So sorry about your friend with ALS. he should just accept help and I know exactly what he is going through as we recently lost my SIL to this dreadful disease. She wanted to keep everything as normal as possible and we now know that it was partly denial.. very sad. Also lost a friend last year and have another friend with it. Have a wonderful cruise!!

thanks for the information & for those of you who asked does it really matter? Yes it does I'm traveling with a friend who has beginning stages of ALS & he is too proud to ask for help at this point & I'm just wondering if it would be a little easier for him to board without help. So for those of you with a legitimate answer. Thank you

Good luck to you! I think it is bizarre that there is no place to sit in the Miami terminal. If there's no boarding delay, this is probably not an issue, but with a boarding delay it's a big problem. Maybe you can talk your friend into requesting wheelchair assistance just in case.

If you have a choice it may help if you wait until after noon, or a little later, by then the lines should be shorter or none at all and you should be able to go directly on board.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for all your help he will never go for the wheel chair very stubborn guy but I think the idea of going to the port later than noon might b a good idea

Good idea. Remember the cabins are usually not ready until 1:00 or 1:30. Could be later, but that is very rare. Many, if not most people head up to the Buffet for a bite and that can create a crowd problem. Given your situation I would even consider boarding at a time when the cabins would be available. You can then go to a virtually empty buffet, or Mast Grill. I would suggest Bistro on 5 if you want a more civilized, less crowded place for lunch. There is a $7 per person charge, but well worth it.

Thanks for all your help he will never go for the wheel chair very stubborn guy but I think the idea of going to the port later than noon might b a good idea

I get stubborn when it comes to one's health...

But heads up, if you guys are flying into Miami he may want to ask for assistance... That Airprt is very spread out, and entails a ton of walking (a lot more than any Celebrity Port Terminal I've been to)

If you have requested assistance due to mobility issues, he can get a wheelchair (ok maybe not his preferred choice) but in the very least a ride on one of the terminal transporters / oversized golf carts (and you along with him)

We have elderly family members who regularly vacation / winter in Florida, so can say that it has been a god send for us (and they are very spry & proud too) but it truly can make a lot of sense considering the distances otherwise to cover

You can prearrange the assistance thru your carrier... Or ask when you depart the plane (airline rep at the gate)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Thanks John-B for info but live in ft. Lauderdale so driving to port

Lol, I tried. (lucky you living in Ft-L) :D

Hopefully tho my info here might helps someone else with mobility issues going thru Miami (MIA)

That and all the posts about no seats at the POM Cruise Terminal...

Something that I myself just learned recently and was shocked actually to hear

Cheers!