Dynamic Dining Officially announced on Oasis

The Main Dinning Room does 2 sitting per night currently. I assume under Dynamic Dinning some places could do 3 sittings per night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes was thinking also this might be the case as the dining starts at 5:30 and last us 9:30 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought DD dining times would be more like MTD...no set sitting times...

There are no set sitting times with DD. I think the poster meant that one particular table could serve three sets of guests each night, as opposed to two sets of guests with traditional dining.

Frickin' brilliant. So they've ruined yet another ship in the line. :mad:

We booked our Oasis cruise for February after cancelling Quantum after they infected it with the silly dining system there, looks like we'll just barely escape getting hit again. At least we don't have to cancel again (yet). Although it won't surprise us if we get hit with beta testing and pre-run trials. I don't see this as a simple "flip the switch" change from one cruise to the next.

As with almost everything corporate nowadays, the impetus for this change boils down to one simple thing - money. Dynamic Dining is simply a way to extract more money out of our wallets, by eliminating a large portion of the seats available for complimentary dining. A significant portion of folks will have to either pay for a meal in a specialty restaurant, or do the Windjammer "school lunch" experience.

Some folks are paying extra willingly, but for others it will be forced upon them. We've already seen in this thread how prepared folks still couldn't get their desired dining despite trying 500 days in advance. The unprepared are going to show up on the ship, ask for a table and be told "I'm sorry, there's nothing available all night. But for only $25 each we can seat you in X if you'd like..."

Frickin' brilliant. So they've ruined yet another ship in the line. :mad:

We booked our Oasis cruise for February after cancelling Quantum after they infected it with the silly dining system there, looks like we'll just barely escape getting hit again. At least we don't have to cancel again (yet). Although it won't surprise us if we get hit with beta testing and pre-run trials. I don't see this as a simple "flip the switch" change from one cruise to the next.

As with almost everything corporate nowadays, the impetus for this change boils down to one simple thing - money. Dynamic Dining is simply a way to extract more money out of our wallets, by eliminating a large portion of the seats available for complimentary dining. A significant portion of folks will have to either pay for a meal in a specialty restaurant, or do the Windjammer "school lunch" experience.

Some folks are paying extra willingly, but for others it will be forced upon them. We've already seen in this thread how prepared folks still couldn't get their desired dining despite trying 500 days in advance. The unprepared are going to show up on the ship, ask for a table and be told "I'm sorry, there's nothing available all night. But for only $25 each we can seat you in X if you'd like..."

Strange how I was able to book the restaurant we wanted at the time we prefer for each night that I wished to book on the 39 nights I will spend on Quantum next May. Took me all of about an hour or so to do so. I hate the idea of spending money on specialty restaurants when there has always been more than adequate meals available for our cruise cost. In fact I have only ever done so on one occasion. I am a reasonably adventurous eater who likes to try different styles and love Asian food (which was the main driver behind our one specialty restaurant booking) so now I get more chance to experience a few more different styles without paying extra. So I do not see how this will drive people towards specialty. In fact for me it will do exactly the opposite. Of course as I have said before the proof/success of DD will be in the logistics not the concept IMO.

But hey, don't let the truth stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Strange how I was able to book the restaurant we wanted at the time we prefer for each night that I wished to book on the 39 nights I will spend on Quantum next May.

That's nice for you that you were able to get all your times, but it's a simple fact that not everyone will be able to do so. There just aren't enough seats for it to be possible. For example, from this thread:

I can personally attest to the Dynamic Disaster of booking dining on my Quantum cruise 10 months before sailing.

I managed to reserve only 5 out of 12 nights at my preferred dining time for a family of four.

That's nice for you that you were able to get all your times, but it's a simple fact that not everyone will be able to do so. There just aren't enough seats for it to be possible. For example, from this thread:

Not everyone gets the time they want for traditional dining either.