Dynamic Dining Officially announced on Oasis

Even though the menus will not change in the DD restaurants , we were advised by Adam at the DD revealing in NYC that DD would still have the "always available" selections.

Interesting. I would think the entire menu is always available if it does not change daily.

There is in fact a standard alternate menu. Beef, Steak, etc. It will be available in all of the restaurants. This questions has come up countless times on the Quantum forums and was answered by Adam Goldstein at the DD google hangout.

It solves the issue of, for example, a 6 person group wanting to dine at Silk, but only 5 like Asian food. The 1 person who doesn't like Asian food, will be able to order off an alternate "normal" menu.

That's great news I hope this is the same for Oasis as it solves that problem exactly for me.

My friend will want to try the other venues but I cannot eat asain food so if I can order off the standard menu it will be much better!

Thanks for your comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I would think the entire menu is always available if it does not change daily.

It was more like classics. Several dishes that are available in all the restaurants. The poster above yours described it exactly as Adam described it in the google hangout although he also said hat they would thoroughly test DD on Quantum and Anthem before rolling it out to any other ships and we now know how that went.

It was more like classics. Several dishes that are available in all the restaurants. The poster above yours described it exactly as Adam described it in the google hangout although he also said hat they would thoroughly test DD on Quantum and Anthem before rolling it out to any other ships and we now know how that went.

Oh, there is a set of selections available at all restaurants. Now I get it. Still early.:)

Edited by clarea

Twitter response I got:

sy4a9aze.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate getting sucked into this morass but I am a bit disappointed if that tweet is true. I sail 2/21/14, I was hopeful of getting a taste of DD before I got a full 10 day cruise on the Anthem in 2016....

The only problem I have right now with DD (or as someone on my roll call called it damaged dining) is that you can literally book reservations for dinner in 2016 without any knowledge of what shows are when on the Anthem. That is insane. I can see them 90 days out releasing entertainment schedules and people either massively changing their times or be arriving after ignoring the site and realizing they are going to miss either their dinner time or a desired show or activity.

That is really problematic.

jc

My guess for the 4 complimentary dinning rooms, they will leave the top 2 floors and have 1 restaurant per floor and then split the bottom level (since its the largest) into 2 restaurants. Then they could even leave it open so it still has a grand look to it. My guess, The Grande on the deck 5, American Icon Grill on deck 4 and Silk and Chic sharing deck 3.

Well I still hope the old rumor is true, MAGARITAVILLE!!!:D

Didn't think of that restaurant layout but that actually makes the most sense. Also still holding out for the margaritaville lol!!!

The only problem I have right now with DD (or as someone on my roll call called it damaged dining) is that you can literally book reservations for dinner in 2016 without any knowledge of what shows are when on the Anthem.

jc

Agreed.

We booked our Quantum DD and shows at the same time, and we had issues 3 of the 8 nights trying to get restaurants and dining times to aline with the show times.

When our Anthem sailing DD opened up over 500 days before sailing, we jumped to book dinner. W are just keeping our fingers crossed that most of the showtimes and entertainment schedule will be similar to what we know was on Quantum.

Of course, that can change and then we will be like everyone else, trying to jettison dinner plans to get our entertainment booked.

That's also the one we are considering! A pretty unique itinerary and we like being able to visit St. Kitts on a cruise leaving from Florida.

Well if you book the Valentine's Day departure for Indy then join the Roll Call that is set up already for it....hopefully we will see each other.

Have fun, on whatever cruise you pick.

I hate getting sucked into this morass but I am a bit disappointed if that tweet is true. I sail 2/21/14, I was hopeful of getting a taste of DD before I got a full 10 day cruise on the Anthem in 2016....

The only problem I have right now with DD (or as someone on my roll call called it damaged dining) is that you can literally book reservations for dinner in 2016 without any knowledge of what shows are when on the Anthem. That is insane. I can see them 90 days out releasing entertainment schedules and people either massively changing their times or be arriving after ignoring the site and realizing they are going to miss either their dinner time or a desired show or activity.

That is really problematic.

jc

Ummmm....I think your date is wrong!:D;)

Copy of response to my email to RCI

It appears they don't give a damn what we think!

So this diamond + is no longer loyal to royal

Princess from now on!

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your email.

Thank you for taking the time to email us your feedback and concerns regarding Dynamic Dining and your cancelled cruise vacation. Rest assured, we have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department for further review.

Mr. ,thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Michelle Peacock

Customer Service Representative

-----------------------------

Country of Residence: USA

My cruise information:

Booking ID: Not Specified

Ship: Oasis Of The Seas

Sail Date: Not Specified

Phone: 5807

Issue: FYI

This morning I canceled our may 2015 cruise on Oasis due to the announcement that you will be implementing Dynamic Dining at the dry dock later this year!

As I have stated before we will never sail on a ship that does not offer traditional dinning.

I will be booking either princess or carnival later today!

Thank you

A

Edited by Peterbilt Driver

Princess from now on!

Dear Mr.

Thank you for taking the time to email us your feedback and concerns regarding Dynamic Dining and your cancelled cruise vacation. Rest assured, we have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department for further review.

Sincerely,

Michelle Peacock

My cruise information:

This morning I canceled our may 2014 cruise on Oasis due to the announcement that you will be implementing Dynamic Dining at the dry dock later this year!

As I have stated before we will never sail on a ship that does not offer traditional dinning.

Thank you

A

I like this, cancelling your May 2014 cruise in August 2014, is that like having your cake and eating it too ?

Princess from now on!

Dear Mr.

Sincerely,

Michelle Peacock

My cruise information:

This morning I canceled our may 2014 cruise on Oasis due to the announcement that you will be implementing Dynamic Dining at the dry dock later this year!

Thank you

A

I disagree that they don't care, but I also think they're doing what they think will appeal to the majority and attract new cruisers while increasing their profits. That may be a bitter pill to swallow, but that's life.:(

I think that cancelling as soon as word got out was a knee-jerk reaction. Why not wait a while and see exactly what they're going to implement? Why not transfer your booking to a ship with traditional dining? Why not try Celebrity where you can get your benefits? There were a lot of options for responding to this news, but cancelling immediately and telling the company you're booking Princess or Carnival makes you sound like a petulant child who didn't get their way.

I hope you find what you're looking for...

Princess from now on!

This morning I canceled our may 2015 cruise on Oasis due to the announcement that you will be implementing Dynamic Dining at the dry dock later this year!

Thank you

A

Good, I hope more folks like you cancel cruises so the rest of us can have lower fares.:cool:

Edited by kemenyg

It's driving me nuts that RCI keeps posting on their FB page that DD will start "in March", and then again that sailings "thru March" will be unaffected. We are sailing on Oasis in March, and I really want to know whether our sailing will be affected or not. We are some of those stick-in-the-muds who do not like the idea of DD at all - we like eating dinner at the same place every night, having the same waiter every night, not having to worry about reservations, not having to pay extra for our meals. Not at all happy about this change. For those who say, "Try it, you'll like it," that's all well and good for folks who are able to take cruises all the time - for those of us for whom it is a rare treat, if we try it and DON'T like it, it's a much bigger deal. Just sayin'

So do we have to book all our shows and our dining times and what restaurants before our cruise? I would halfway maybe be ok with this idea if I could just decide what sounded good that evening and go to a restaurant that evening at a time that works for me (like I do at home) and ask for a table and wait my turn.

Am I understanding correctly that if I don't book months in advance that I will go hungry or eat at Johnny Rockets?

It's driving me nuts that RCI keeps posting on their FB page that DD will start "in March", and then again that sailings "thru March" will be unaffected. We are sailing on Oasis in March, and I really want to know whether our sailing will be affected or not. We are some of those stick-in-the-muds who do not like the idea of DD at all - we like eating dinner at the same place every night, having the same waiter every night, not having to worry about reservations, not having to pay extra for our meals. Not at all happy about this change. For those who say, "Try it, you'll like it," that's all well and good for folks who are able to take cruises all the time - for those of us for whom it is a rare treat, if we try it and DON'T like it, it's a much bigger deal. Just sayin'

So, then, just switch to the Allure the same week - problem solved.

So do we have to book all our shows and our dining times and what restaurants before our cruise? I would halfway maybe be ok with this idea if I could just decide what sounded good that evening and go to a restaurant that evening at a time that works for me (like I do at home) and ask for a table and wait my turn.

Am I understanding correctly that if I don't book months in advance that I will go hungry or eat at Johnny Rockets?

You won't go hungry, there will be specialty restaurants available.;)

I am like you, not the cruiser who can 'cruise all the time' -- DH and I cruise for vacation when we can, hopefully once a year, sometimes twice (the 2nd a short weekender perhaps)....and I agree with you about our enjoyment of the traditional dining setup (we like the early seating).

What I will say, is that if DD is on a cruise we want to take, it won't ruin my cruise. Maybe I will enjoy it, maybe not -- but it won't have such a big impact as to ruin my cruise. I will be open minded about it....if I have to deal with it.

I believe it is foolish to expand it fleetwide, before it really gets its 'wings fully tested' on Quantum and all the kinks worked out...but that is their decision, not mine.

Just like on our Allure cruise this past summer, we had to make reservations for the shows in advance; I will make reservations for dinner with DD in advance. If it works well fine....if not....we'll see that also.

You won't go hungry, there will be specialty restaurants available.;)

Meaning pay for my dinner?

Never going to happen on a cruise. That's part of why I cruise. It's supposed to be all inclusive (except for alcohol and excursions). If that does end up happening I will join all those others that are saying goodbye to RCCL and I have always been the person who tells other people who say they hated their cruise that it's because they didn't cruise with Royal.

If anyone believes that RCI is so stupid that they would have their paying customers go hungry, with no eating venues available, you might as well cancel the cruise now.:rolleyes:

I would recommend for everyone dreading the DD disaster that some of the naysayers think is coming - just book a couple of the restaurants and leave the rest of it after you get on board. Sort of halfway between booking everything before sailing and leaving everything to chance on board.

This is the responce I received from my email to Royal that I sent yesterday afternoon. What do you guys think now? This just gets weirder and weirder.

I just received this a few minutes ago:

We are pleased to inform you that Dynamic Dining will not be added to the Oasis of the Seas prior to your cruise vacation. At this time, Royal Caribbean International has not released any plans to add Dynamic Dining to the Oasis class ships.

From a quick breakfast to a late-night snack, Café Promenade is the perfect spot for casual dining and coffee on the Oasis of the Seas. Bring your friends for an afternoon snack or enjoy a dinner of pizza or a sandwich and some pastries for dessert. There is terrific coffee available to keep your energy levels up as you take on a fresh new day of excitement.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a member of our Crown & Anchor Society. As a Gold member you are offered exclusive benefits, including the Ultimate Value Booklet with great onboard offers. Some offers include 25% discount on any coffee beverage and 10% off any one spa/salon service. The Ultimate Value Booklet will be automatically loaded onto your SeaPass card at check-in and a list of offers will be available in your stateroom. For more information on the Crown & Anchor Society please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com or contact us directly at 1-800-526-9723.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Oasis of the Seas in June of 2015.

Sincerely,

Brittany Williams