Dynamic Dining Officially announced on Oasis

Confirmed by Captain Olson and Hotel Manager Rasmussen during multiple C&A events on the FOS cruise I just got off of on Sunday.

Another reason not to sail on the Freedom. I sailed on her in July. That ship is just too big. I'll stick to Radiance and Vision classes.

Confirmed by Captain Olson and Hotel Manager Rasmussen during multiple C&A events on the FOS cruise I just got off of on Sunday.

Interesting, guess FOS will have DD when I sail May 2015. I wonder why the strategy shift from rolling it out on Quantum for a while, then evaluating it for the rest of the fleet after that like Goldstein said a while back.

I'm fine with it either way personally, just let me on the ship and don't starve me and it's all good :cool:

This is from the same Tweet. Couldn't it still be a hoax?

I seriously doubt both @RoyalCaribPR and @RoyalCaribbean were hacked.

And if they were both hacked at the same time, I think we'd see a few more outlandish posts than just a few about Dynamic Dining on Oasis.

The simple fact is that despite Oasis and Allure having large dining rooms, and actually not enough seats in those rooms to cater for the whole ship, they do not need to as there are many other dining options.

So what happens is that in a normal service there are many unoccupied seats and therefore many staff standing around not working to the max. This in turn effects the atmosphere of the MDR and the traditional dining table is not the same, as often your dining mates are choosing other options.

I feel as if new dining options will be introduced along with a MTD option running along side it for a while, after a test run the MTD bit will be stopped and the DD options only will be available.

This might in turn see some of the existing dining space being used for other reasons JMHO :D

Here's what doesn't make sesse. Oasis arrives in Rotterdam on September 30th on a cruise from Barcelona. My understanding that she goes into drydock in Rotterdam, because none of the drydocks near her home port, Fort Lauderdale, are large enough.

Then, her next cruise is out of Southampton on October 15th. Presumably she will sail out of Rotterdam on the 14th and do some testing of her propulstion systems on the way to Southampton.

That's only 2 weeks in drydock. Is that enough time to remodel all of the dining venues on the Oasis? I realize that a ship can undergo a lot of work, if there is sufficient manpower in the shipyard. But, when ships in the Vision and Radiance classes went in for their major makeovers, they were getting 6 or 7 weeks in drydock, just to insure that all of the work was done before leaving the shipyard.

This just isn't painting, installing new carpeting, and changing the furniture and art work. This will probably require carpentry work, reconfiguring kitchens, changing waitstaff service locations, plumbing work, and electrical work.

If the Oasis was in drydock for 3 weeks, that would be enough time to overhaul the dining venues for DD.

By the same token, Oasis has cruises scheduled through the end of 2015. That would mean having to revise the dinner plans of every guest who has already booked a cruise. Just having to revise dinner plans for cruises out of Fort Lauderdale for the 4th quarter of 2014 would probably put a strain on RC's computer systems.

I'd imagine the limiting factor isn't so much time, but the available workforce to dedicate to the project? 2,000 people can get as much done in 1 week as 1,000 can in 2 weeks. More workers in less time is also cheaper, as the ship would be out of revenue service for less time

Edited by davidcraig2003

Right, almost 7 pages of replies to this and everyone seems to know what is going on except for me. So here goes...

What is Dynamic Dining?

We're booking on Oasis in Feb. Kinda like to know what we're getting into here...

Here's my take, and I'm no expert!

It would be awful if they put walls up and blocked the beautiful central area of the main dining room! They don't need to put up walls on Oasis to create Dynamic Dining. Each level may be a different "restaurant." Perhaps they will have three restaurants on Oasis instead of four (like Quantum/Anthem).

Based on my memory, did't each level of the dining room already have a different style? I remember that the chairs, walls, and tables were different on each level. Or maybe that was Liberty of the Seas (sorry if Im getting my ships mixed up due to mommy brain). They could just "dress up" each floor in the style of the Dynamic Dining restaurants.

I looked at the menus and I am not thrilled. they are seafood heavy and I don't do seafood. So I will either eat duplicates or spend many dinners at the Windjammer. I don't have any of these ships booked yet, but who knows where else they might roll it out!

Edited by smileyperry

Right, almost 7 pages of replies to this and everyone seems to know what is going on except for me. So here goes...

What is Dynamic Dining?

We're booking on Oasis in Feb. Kinda like to know what we're getting into here...

The attached pdf will explain it.

1396036808_v1Culinary-Press-Release-FINAL-32414 (1).pdf

Maybe the press release was suppose to say Oasis Class 3 and someone tweeted the wrong information, which is why it was removed.

Seems like the Oasis is being rebuilt with all the rumored changes. It doesn't seem possible to complete all the changes during a two week dry dock.

Either way RC should let post dry dock cruisers know before final payment. It doesn't seem fair to market a cruise one way and then make significant changes so that the delivered product is not at all what was marketed and purchased. DD is a deal breaker for some and a determining factor in the ship chosen.

If DD is true, will RC refund you in full if you decide to cancel because of DD?? I know they can alter the itinerary at will but a dining concept seems a little different.

Just how I feel. A lot to get done in just 2 weeks. Plus they should let you know prior to final payment! I for one don't believe this "tweet".

JMHO :eek:

It would be awful if they put walls up and blocked the beautiful central area of the main dining room! They don't need to put up walls on Oasis to create Dynamic Dining. Each level may be a different "restaurant." Perhaps they will have three restaurants on Oasis instead of four (like Quantum/Anthem).

Based on my memory, did't each level of the dining room already have a different style? I remember that the chairs, walls, and tables were different on each level. Or maybe that was Liberty of the Seas (sorry if Im getting my ships mixed up due to mommy brain). They could just "dress up" each floor in the style of the Dynamic Dining restaurants.

I looked at the menus and I am not thrilled. they are seafood heavy and I don't do seafood. So I will either eat duplicates or spend many dinners at the Windjammer. I don't have any of these ships booked yet, but who knows where else they might roll it out!

This is actually a great way to do it quickly and without much re-construction.

I'm not too keen on the DD concept either, for the reason you mentioned. Not thrilled with the menus, and feel that I'll be eating too many duplicates - the rotating MDR menu offered me more variety.

Agreed. I can't see them putting up walls.

Here's what doesn't make sesse. Oasis arrives in Rotterdam on September 30th on a cruise from Barcelona. My understanding that she goes into drydock in Rotterdam, because none of the drydocks near her home port, Fort Lauderdale, are large enough.

Then, her next cruise is out of Southampton on October 15th. Presumably she will sail out of Rotterdam on the 14th and do some testing of her propulstion systems on the way to Southampton.

That's only 2 weeks in drydock. Is that enough time to remodel all of the dining venues on the Oasis? I realize that a ship can undergo a lot of work, if there is sufficient manpower in the shipyard. But, when ships in the Vision and Radiance classes went in for their major makeovers, they were getting 6 or 7 weeks in drydock, just to insure that all of the work was done before leaving the shipyard.

This just isn't painting, installing new carpeting, and changing the furniture and art work. This will probably require carpentry work, reconfiguring kitchens, changing waitstaff service locations, plumbing work, and electrical work.

If the Oasis was in drydock for 3 weeks, that would be enough time to overhaul the dining venues for DD.

By the same token, Oasis has cruises scheduled through the end of 2015. That would mean having to revise the dinner plans of every guest who has already booked a cruise. Just having to revise dinner plans for cruises out of Fort Lauderdale for the 4th quarter of 2014 would probably put a strain on RC's computer systems.

WRONG...she sails out of Rotterdam Oct 14 with passengers......:rolleyes: