Mints on Pillow?

JZenkow

I was just looking for that. Can someone help how you find a specific discussion topic?

From the Carnival (or any) forum page, click on "Search This Forum" in the upper right, just above the "stickys". Type in your keywords and hit enter. A list of threads from that forum with those keywords will come up. If the thread has been "poofed" (deleted by admins) though, it won't show on the list. Happy hunting.:)

I am not concerned as to the "why" this is a big issue, I am just gathering the popcorn because I am dying to know what will happen if they do or don't leave the chocolate and if the mint or not part matters??? Will it be just a short pouting spurt, or will it be enough to cancel an entire cruise for say 8 to 10 people because of the result? Enough to switch cruise lines maybe? Like "how" big of an issue can this blow up to be? Inquiring minds want to know the results of said outcome and if you have video results that would be even better! :D

And no, I'm not knocking people for issues, I have plenty of my own, lol. I'm just dying to know how "big" of an issue this can get blown into. I am very curious how the story ends and it's a rainy day on a holiday so I have nothing better to do.

When researching my future potential cruises, I contact the line's customer relations department and ask if there will be chocolates on the pillow each evening. If the answer is no, I do not consider sailing that ship. If the answer is yes, I print the email response to bring to the ship. No other criteria about the ship or cruise matters more than that to me.

Once, I did ask my room steward to place a particular something on my pillow each evening. The steward told me he asked her, but she said "No Way."

When researching my future potential cruises, I contact the line's customer relations department and ask if there will be chocolates on the pillow each evening. If the answer is no, I do not consider sailing that ship. If the answer is yes, I print the email response to bring to the ship. No other criteria about the ship or cruise matters more than that to me.

Once, I did ask my room steward to place a particular something on my pillow each evening. The steward told me he asked her, but she said "No Way."

I hope your kidding, if not start researching other cruise lines. Happy cruising.

I save all my chocolates to eat after I return home, reminds of the cruise!

:D

Sooo, if you don't eat any of the chocolates during the cruise, how eating them at home remind you of the cruise? [emoji15]

Edited by Tapi

• 2 weeks later...
This is a big issue for my daughter, Does Carnival(Splendor) leave a chocolate mint on the pillow?

I don't know about the Splendor, but we just got off the Breeze yesterday, and they no longer leave chocolates on your pillow at turndown. Also there were no complimentary items in the little clam shell on the bathroom vanity. The clam shell was shoved in the storage area with the extra toliet paper rolls. I had read that other Carnival ships were no longer leaving the chocolates either. However, I will say that this cruise was one of our best (out of 18 with Carnival...we have also cruised on Norwegian, RC, Princess and Celebrity) The food was fantastic, the service was fabulous and the cruise Director Matt Mitcham was the bomb! Did not miss the chocolates.