Mints on Pillow?

JZenkow

There was a thread a while back from a poster shakybeef (will never forget that name ). If the op searches for it, it had a lot of information and give and take in the pillow candy.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my iPhone

Ah, the "mockocolate" / "mint" thread, good times. And a lot of in-depth scientific research done by yours truly.:cool:...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1872409

Thanks, Jimbo, so glad to know my poorly-chosen moniker is so unforgettable.:cool::p

Ah, the "mockocolate" / "mint" thread, good times. And a lot of in-depth scientific research done by yours truly.:cool:...

Thanks, Jimbo, so glad to know my poorly-chosen moniker is so unforgettable.:cool::p

Thanks Jimbo for bringing Shakybeef's "mockocolate" review to my attention. I never saw that. Quite interesting. And thanks to Shakybeef for doing this review.

My 2 cents now. I am a chocoholic and I have tasted both chocolate wrapped candies that Shakybeef reviewed. I can't eat either one of them--they taste disgusting to me. But, go figure, my DH loves them. Both versions. But, he's really not a chocolate eater in real life at all--he just really likes to eat those mockocolates on the cruise. Even though I don't eat them, I really like them on my turned down bed with my towel animal and FunTimes. Just really fun.

For mutliple ships on multiple lines, that would be incorrect information.

I believe you, just relaying what I was told. Other than unique sailings (one ways etc ) are any Carnival ?

I think it is a great name (moniker).

I think it is a great name (moniker).

Since choosing it (while jonesing for my favourite Vietnamese dish:o), I have learned, much to my chagrin, that it creates less than appealing imagery for some.:o Especially to Vegetarians.:rolleyes::p

They've been plain chocolates lately, they used to be chocolate mints. The old ones were better

Yep, just milk chocolate, but frankly, they've been a LOT BETTER lately than they used to be. I think they must have changed vendors for them. :D

"SKY"

Last cruuise, I told the Cabin Steward to keep them... But maybe I'll try one on this cruise?

I have some Olive Garden mints. I think I'll put them on my pillow, myself!!! ;)

I believe you, just relaying what I was told. Other than unique sailings (one ways etc ) are any Carnival ?

Yes. Best example would be Carnival Pride.

There are occasions when pasengers will board in Baltimore, and notice that some of the fruit in the buffet line doesn't look its best (and be told the following morning at breakfast that the sliced banana option is not available), and then two days later Voila! the fruit is fresh and plentiful.

Easier and cheaper for the ship to take on a good portion of supplies in Port Canaveral than in Maryland . . . especially in those winter months, when truck marshalling is challenged.

Also happens with some NCL & DCL ships when they leave from the Northeast and then head South to Port Canaveral for an itinerary stop.

Yes. Best example would be Carnival Pride.

There are occasions when pasengers will board in Baltimore, and notice that some of the fruit in the buffet line doesn't look its best (and be told the following morning at breakfast that the sliced banana option is not available), and then two days later Voila! the fruit is fresh and plentiful.

Easier and cheaper for the ship to take on a good portion of supplies in Port Canaveral than in Maryland . . . especially in those winter months, when truck marshalling is challenged.

Also happens with some NCL & DCL ships when they leave from the Northeast and then head South to Port Canaveral for an itinerary stop.

I was lied to:eek: thanks.

I cruised a different line In May, because I wanted to go to Bermuda for more than a few hours. I did not even notice no mints at night until I came home and read it on here and remembered we did not get them, LOL! If they have to cut corners, I would prefer it be with chocolate mints/candy than the food.....:)

I cruised a different line In May, because I wanted to go to Bermuda for more than a few hours. I did not even notice no mints at night until I came home and read it on here and remembered we did not get them, LOL! If they have to cut corners, I would prefer it be with chocolate mints/candy than the food.....:)

I agree. But unfortunately, Carnival is choosing to cutback on both.:( As well as on many other things.

• 6 months later...
We had a lengthy discussion on this topic a while back.

Yes, I know. The post of mine that you just quoted is from last September - this is an old thread that was resurrected today (and not by me);).

For historical purposes:

* I've never received a chocolate mint, just a regular chocolate square. I liked them. I don't care much for mints in any form.

* Valor, March '14 - two per night

* Valor, June '14 - two per night

* Conquest, September '14 - none first three nights, then two per night

* Triumph, February '15 - two per night for the first six nights, then one per night

We received the chocolates in September on the Sunshine and Sunshine in November but nothing on the Pride last week. We don't eat them so it doesn't matter to us but they were gone and the people we talked with didn't receive them either.

I always thought the mints on the pillow were a nice little touch.. just a little something to make you smile... i don't care for the ones they switched too... but long ago it was the Andes choclate covered mint and it was delicious and i looked forward to them... this to me is kinda like when they chose to not use the hurricane glasses anymore... you know.. the ones that said "best day ever" and things like that.... i wish they would bring those back... it felt good on that embarkation day to get your first Funship special in that glass...:D:D I still have a couple of those.. may pack one and take it on my next cruise... hopefully, it won't get broken:D