Those "Chocolate" "mints" - Cutback

sailor44

Those chocolate squares that your stateroom steward leaves in your cabin every evening are absolutely disgusting. The quality of this chocolate is very poor and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't real chocolate. Probably some chocolate flavored thing from China.

I don't remember the old ones being mint but these have no mint flavor - not sure if they supposed to or not.

They only thing nice about them is the wrapper.

Those chocolate squares that your stateroom steward leaves in your cabin every evening are absolutely disgusting. The quality of this chocolate is very poor and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't real chocolate. Probably some chocolate flavored thing from China.

I don't remember the old ones being mint but these have no mint flavor - not sure if they supposed to or not.

So I am confused.... You never liked them and now like them less because you think they are of less quality? They have always been mint to the best of my recollection. :confused:

By time I get back to my cabin I dont even want to think about food. Besides that they taste like crap. I just throw them in the trash as soon as I see them.

And yes the old ones did have mint also.

So I am confused.... You never liked them and now like them less because you think they are of less quality? They have always been mint to the best of my recollection. :confused:

I'm sorry you are confused. Does this happen often?

No, I liked the old ones just fine but wasn't sure if they were mint or not. The new ones are just awful.

Edited by sailor44

By time I get back to my cabin I dont even want to think about food. Besides that they taste like crap. I just throw them in the trash as soon as I see them.

And yes the old ones did have mint also.

Your supposed to take them out of the wrapper before eating them;)

I'm sorry you are confused. Does this happen often?

No, I liked the old ones just fine but wasn't sure if they were mint or not. The new ones are just awful.

Sure does, more and more....:cool: If you don't like them don't eat them. In the grand scheme of cutback items....mints would be near the bottom of my list.

I brought some home from our last cruise October 2012, tossed them in the candy dish in the living room. They're still there 9 months later :rolleyes:. Maybe I should have given them out at halloween :D.

I brought some home from our last cruise October 2012, tossed them in the candy dish in the living room. They're still there 9 months later :rolleyes:. Maybe I should have given them out at halloween :D.
What else is in your candy dish:eek:

I knew I forgot to take something out of my suitcase. In transit now and I hope the REAL chocolate pillow treats don't melt all over my suitcase. It looked like a few had escaped from the baggy.

Are you off on another cruise already?:confused:

So, out of all of the changes and/or cutbacks that Carnival has implemented, that is what bothers you most? Really? Hardly seems significant to me, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead and rant. Okay, so it's not Ghirardelli (or whatever you'd prefer). There's no law that says you have to eat it. Throw it in a drawer, in the trash, or give it to someone else. There's no policy against bringing your own chocolate on board.

I always liked the mint on my pillow. I would always get tons of them because my hubby would tip the cabin steward beforehand and tell him to leave extra mints and of course keep ice filled. My DH always thinks of me!!

:eek: WHY NOT JUST BRING YOUR OWN CANDY!!!! WITH ALL THE FOOD TO CHOOSE FROM I DON T SEE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A PIECE OF CHOC AS A BIG DEAL:p

:eek: WHY NOT JUST BRING YOUR OWN CANDY!!!! WITH ALL THE FOOD TO CHOOSE FROM I DON T SEE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A PIECE OF CHOC AS A BIG DEAL:p

It was not me doing the complaining. I like the mints just fine.

I still have some in the freezer from 3 cruises ago. I did use some wrappers to decorate my scrapbook but that's about it. I have been meaning to sneak them into cakes or muffins and always forget :eek:

I save my chocolates and I bring them home. On Friday night I drop one into my vodka martini and think about the good times onboad.

And for those who toss your chocolates into the trash, don't you have little one's or neighbor kids who would love a chocolate. :)

I just retrieved one of the chocolates from my last Carnival cruise that I had in the refrig.. It has 'Sweet Dreams' then 'Carnival' below that printed on the wrapper. Tasted good to me and did not have a minty taste. Looking forward to getting more on my next Carnival cruise, hoping Carnival has not changed them...