"LIVE" from the VISION of the SEAS With Trainman-2 & Judith

Your review is fabulousl!!! We just did that cruise on August 18th, I'm happy to see you had much better Bermuda weather than we did! I am already looking for another cruise to Bermuda this spring! (My excuse for going again!)

I also recognized your dessert at Chops :D That was the best dessert ever!

Keep up the wonderful writing/pictures!!!

UPDATE - The Great Donut Crisis..

For years I have heard people complaining about RCI's Plain and Chocolate Covered Donuts.

Apparently, RCI has heard the complaints because the Plain and Chocolate Covered Donuts are no more!

They have been replaced with ultra messy, sugar coated, (it gets all over you) creme filled donuts.

DSCN0717_zpsaf9fa04b.jpg

DSCN0718_zps1e1c0eda.jpg

I have been observing but short of stabbing all of the donuts with a fork to see what squirts out, I have been unable to locate any Jelly Filled Donuts.

I saw you had a rum swizzle at The White Horse. I've found that, outside of Bermuda, no bartender knows what one is. Do you know if they're serving them on the ship? We sail to Bermuda on Explorer soon and I'd LOVE to be able to have them onboard.

I bought a refrigerator magnet with the recipe! I will shoot a photo and post it.

I ordered one at the Pool Bar just before dinner tonight and the bar tender had no clue what it was. :eek:

As we sail away from Bermuda our final thoughts are...

It is the cleanest Island we have ever seen.

It has no straw markets with vendors chasing after you to buy stuff.

It is the Most Beautiful and Friendliest place we have ever been.

I'm so happy for the two of you!!

Cathy

We just got word in an email from our Pet Sitter that we lost another Chicken today, probably to a Hawk or an Eagle that flew into the Farm Yard.

We lost one the same way a few weeks ago.

When we get home we are going to have to rethink the design of the Farm Yard and switch to a smaller, but covered area for them.

Mother Nature can be harsh sometimes...

I saw you had a rum swizzle at The White Horse. I've found that, outside of Bermuda, no bartender knows what one is. Do you know if they're serving them on the ship? We sail to Bermuda on Explorer soon and I'd LOVE to be able to have them onboard.

When we did our Bermuda cruise last year on Grandeur, every evening in the DL, we were able to get Rum Swizzles.

As we sail away from Bermuda our final thoughts are...

It is the cleanest Island we have ever seen.

It has no straw markets with vendors chasing after you to buy stuff.

It is the Most Beautiful and Friendliest place we have ever been.

That was our thoughts exactly! Love Bermuda!!

Thank you for your comprehensive review and all the pictures. We are considering a cruise aboard the Vision of the Seas in 2016 so all your information has been very helpful. Even if I were not considering the Vision of the Seas I would still enjoy your engaging writing style and informative comments.

Glad Judith is feeling better and best wishes for the rest of your cruise.

ZOWIE! I had a Rum Swizzle and I was really good! It may have become my new personal "Official Drink."

DSCN0660_zps4289a67d.jpg

THAT looks very refreshing, Trainman! Coincidentally, I'm reading The Ship and the Storm, about the 1998 loss of Windjammer Barefoot Cruises' Fantome in Hurricane Mitch. A large area onboard had the feel of a hotel lobby, and in the middle, on a wood table, stood a bowl of orange punch. Guests had just been welcomed aboard, and one had asked "What's that?" A steward in a crisp, white tuxedo shirt and black bow tie replied with a chuckle, "You're new, aren't you?. It's rum swizzle." :D Perhaps it should be known on RCI ships as A Trainman? "I'll have a Trainman, please."

Trainman-2 really enjoying your live report. I always see and learn something new from your adventures. So glad Judith is feeling better. I also appreciate all of the posters ideas to keep sea sickness at bay. I'll be on Allure in a few months but worried about that. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and thanks for taking us along with you!

Barb

MONDAY, Day 8, At Sea (Headed for Nassau)

Good Morning Everyone,

I got this photo of the moon earlier this morning.

FSCN0845_zpsc53e277c.jpg

And I shot these as we were leaving King's Wharf yesterday.

DSCN0824_zpsff2e1a7c.jpg

DSCN0823_zps913b4838.jpg

It is going to be a leisurely day today! I have a few things to check out and some questions to answer.

I still have to upload the photos from our Glass Bottom Boat ride yesterday.

Also today will be "explore and photograph the ship" day.

Edited by Trainman-2

Yesterday, when we returned from out Glass Bottom Boat ride we went up to the Park Cafe for a late lunch.

The place was jammed!

Every table was in use by a few eaters, card players, readers, and a few sound asleep.

We finally found two seats in the bar area but the table area was filthy. When Judith asked for the area to be wiped down she got a dirty look and a surly bar tender finally came out and did a half way job of cleaning it.

We each had a roast beef sandwich. They were really good!

DSCN0822_zps27a51d03.jpg

DSCN0821_zps138b193d.jpg