"LIVE" from the VISION of the SEAS With Trainman-2 & Judith

Have a great day in Cocoa Cay! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the island.

One question- in Nassau did you have to walk down that long dock or did they have some sort of trolley? Each time we have been there we have had to walk and happened to dock near the far end of the pier. That walk is something!

I have a cruise critic member tee shirt, which I bought from the site store years ago. I bring it on every cruise.

I have one of those shirts too. They don't sell them anymore which I can't figure out why. I always wear mine at initial boarding for ID from others and it always seems to get a chuckle or two from the crew.

Skip

Now that it's nearing the end of your adventure, I bet both of you are getting anxious to get home to see the kids. Lord knows they are going to be happy puppies, kitties, duckies, goozies and chickies when you pull into the drive! MOM! DAD! YOU'RE HOME!!!!

Cathy

The last Tender was supposed to leave the Island at 4:15 so we should be leaving soon for Fort Lauderdale.

Reports from people who went ashore are that the Jellyfish were really bad, both in the water and on the beach.

The Staff closed the Water Park because of them!

A number of people got stung!

Things that have "disappeared" since our last cruise...

- The Windjammer used to set out donuts & rolls along with coffee one hour before opening for breakfast. This was in addition to the 24 hour coffee that is always available.

- Pre-Paid Gratuity Vouchers are no longer printed for us to stuff into envelopes and hand out on the last night. The "tipees" get a print out on debarkation day of what tips they got.

- I mentioned earlier that regular round donuts (the kind with holes in the middle) are gone, both the plain and chocolate covered.

- Greek Salad is mostly gone from the Windjammer. We had it twice and both times there were no chunks of Feta Cheese in it, only a few "specks" here and there. (That was one of our favorites)

- No FOX News on the Television

The Post You Have All Been Waiting For...

DSCN0964_zpsd5befff5.jpg

Like so many other cocktails, there seem to be different recipes for this. The one I use, from Gosling's Black Seal Rum (from Bermuda) is:

4 oz Gosling's Black Seal Rum

4 oz Gosling's Gold Rum

5 oz Pineapple Juice

5 oz Orange Juice

¾ oz Grenadine or 2 oz Bermuda Falernum

6 Dashes of Angostura Bitters

It tastes JUST like the ones from The Swizzle Inn!