Wine

dcandme13

I am a cruise newbie and my sister and I researching for our first cruise, we saw that we can bring on 1 bottle of wine each, can we bring our own corkscrew and open it in room to drink? or put it in our own glasses we bring to drink while around the ship?? Or do we HAVE to pay the cork fee in order to drink it? Whick I think I read is like $15 per bottle??

We are planning on Carnival Inspiration Long Beach to Ensenada and back, just a 3 night trial, we will be driving in from AZ. March 2015

You can each bring a bottle of wine. Bring your own corkscrew, or if you forget just let your steward know and he can open it for you. They say to enjoy it in your cabin, but we pour a glass and take it anywhere we want! No wine police on Carnival!

Edited by utopiagal

I am a cruise newbie and my sister and I researching for our first cruise, we saw that we can bring on 1 bottle of wine each, can we bring our own corkscrew and open it in room to drink? or put it in our own glasses we bring to drink while around the ship?? Or do we HAVE to pay the cork fee in order to drink it? Whick I think I read is like $15 per bottle??

We are planning on Carnival Inspiration Long Beach to Ensenada and back, just a 3 night trial, we will be driving in from AZ. March 2015

I have packed and brought a cork screw onto all but our first cruise. No need to bring your own glasses, there will be some in the room. Happy sailing!!!

No need to use the water glasses in the room for your wine. We get wine glasses from either our room steward or by asking at one of the bars on board. You can pour yourself a glass and bring it do dinner with you.

We do it all the time no probs at all!

Yes, you are allowed to bring champagne instead of wine. One 750 ml bottle per adult. If you have a suite, there should already be white and red wine glasses in there, in addition to water glasses. "Regular" cabins will only have water glasses. As a PP said,you can request a wine glass from your Room Steward, any bartender, or even call Room Service and ask for one to be delivered.:)

Along with bringing you wine glasses your room steward will also keep the ice bucket filled to place your bottle in to keep cool. I purchased the wine diaper reusable padded absorbent bags to keep my wine safe and sound during travel. I put a corkscrew and a bottle stopper in a baggie and was ready to go.

I have taken a corkscrew before, but now I buy the kind with the screw off lid, much easier. I also ask the cabin steward to keep me stocked with a bucket of ice and white wine glasses (because that's what I drink). I get new glasses and ice every day. If for some reason he/she forgets the glasses or I run out, I get some from the Atrium Bar, just ask. I usually take a glass with me to dinner and you may walk around the ship with it...no one knows where you got it!

Edited by Terre

Along with bringing you wine glasses your room steward will also keep the ice bucket filled to place your bottle in to keep cool. I purchased the wine diaper reusable padded absorbent bags to keep my wine safe and sound during travel. I put a corkscrew and a bottle stopper in a baggie and was ready to go.

Thirty-One makes a nice insulated bottle holder that is perfect for a bottle of wine and it has handle. I just carry that on with my carry-on luggage. It's a cute little bag.