Can We get a Discount even though Already Booked?

GoldieJ

:confused: We have already booked our January South American cruise. I've noticed Princess has already had 2 sales for our cruise, our cabin location. I've asked our TA if we could take advantage of the price reduction. He has told us that the sale is for new bookings only. So far, we are paying $1,000 more and getting $50 less OBC. than the price on Princess website.

It doesn't seem fair that we are penalized for booking early. Any similar experiences or opinions? Thanks.

Edited by GoldieJ

Is final payment already due? After final payment, sales are usually for new bookings only.

If before final payment talk to TA again. How much deposit did you put down? In may be worth it to cancel and rebook. I would use a different TA

I've cancelled and rebooked for lower fares more than once. If your TA doesn't want to do this find a new TA. If your TA charges you for cancelling and rebooking then find a new TA first and then cancel and rebook.

If it's after final payment and Princess is going to charge you for cancelling then calculate if you will save or not by going that route.

:confused: We have already booked our January South American cruise. I've noticed Princess has already had 2 sales for our cruise, our cabin location. I've asked our TA if we could take advantage of the price reduction. He has told us that the sale is for new bookings only. So far, we are paying $1,000 more and getting $50 less OBC. than the price on Princess website.

It doesn't seem fair that we are penalized for booking early. Any similar experiences or opinions? Thanks.

If you have a good TA they will go to bat for you in getting a refund or rebooking. $1000 is way too much to ignore. :eek:

If your TA has lots of different penalties/fees for canceling, name changing, cabin changing etc its time to find a new TA. IMO

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I just called Princess because I noticed a price drop on our cruise and I got the discount. I don't use a TA. Why not call Princess yourself and see if they can do it? Whenever I've called Princess, I've always had a positive experience.

FTB

The OP booked through a TA. Princess will not talk to them about their booking. They will direct the OP to go back to their TA.

I booked online last month for a June 2015 Alaska cruise and got a price drop alert email yesterday from the site I subscribe to. Called Celebrity this morning and they repriced my cruise saving me nearly $600 + an additional $50 OBC. To the OP, I think the TA response is inadequate. This is my first time on Celebrity and all my interactions with customer service have been positive. I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable using a TA to book a cruise or transfer booking.

It does depend on what the conditions/rules are with your original booking. But if it is for new bookings only perhaps you can cancel and rebook. However you may risk loosing the cabin you have.

My travel agent had no problem checking my nine upcoming cruises. Five were affected by this sale. Not all had price reductions. Two she told us about upgrading to a balcony for the same price as we paid for our ocean view, plus we got $200 obc.

One cruise for next year we had to cancel and rebook and got price reduction and $200 obc.

Vickie

OP,

Before cancelling, be sure you understand what you will and will not get. You may lose your deposit. You also may lose any perks that came with the original booking. This could be OBC, pre-paid gratuities, or other benefits.You may also lose your original cabin and/or dining reservation.

I booked online last month for a June 2015 Alaska cruise and got a price drop alert email yesterday from the site I subscribe to. Called Celebrity this morning and they repriced my cruise saving me nearly $600 + an additional $50 OBC. To the OP, I think the TA response is inadequate. This is my first time on Celebrity and all my interactions with customer service have been positive. I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable using a TA to book a cruise or transfer booking.

You do realize you are posting on the Princess thread I hope.:D Happy that you got a Celebrity sale though.