So Disappointed

gr1634

Remember when they used to give you a copy of your receipt when you bought a beverage? Not on this trip. No that is not a big deal but a bunch of "not a big deal" issues add up after a while.

No we did not go on the cruise looking for things to complain about -.

\

Really you say its no big deal that you did not get a receipt when you bought a beverage, but you complained about it anyway.

I think you did go this cruise looking for things to complain about.

Let me say this again, you complained about not get a receipt when you bought a beverage. As I shake my head in disbelief!

Thanks for the advice and the command, but no thanks.:rolleyes: Once again, you've gotten it wrong. I didn't say I don't like Carnival. I do now choose to spend more of my vacation dollars elsewhere.

I don't sit here and constantly complain. But I have had to do a lot of reiterating here to try to counter your false accusations and misconstruction, so I can see how that might seem like constant complaining to you.;)

And I have no problem with others thinking Carnival is just fabulous and always has been and always will be. As I said before, in answer to your insinuation to the contrary: I do not in any way think that the opinions of others are less valid than mine.

A thread such as this in this particular forum is exactly where the relevant opinions, experiences, and hopes of those that feel as I do as well as those that feel differently belong. It seems to me that you just feel a need to shout me down because I have a differing opinion than you. Pot and Kettle, maybe?;):rolleyes:

It wasn't a command, it was a logical decision. But you're free to be illogical if you choose. And I have to admit, you say you don't not like Carnival but I've never seen as much complaining on so many threads about a product that someone supposedly liked.

Your opinions don't matter to Carnival and my opinions don't matter either. So as I asked before, since you are preaching to those who have no control over what you don't like, why do I see you in so many threads complaining to those who can do nothing about it? Are you supposedly warning some newbie or something based on your opinions??? And since even though you claim you still like Carnival, to me it would be ludicrous to keep sailing on a line that you have complained about so much.

BTW, if you want to know what a true order is, drop and give me 20! :D

I don't understand all of the disappointment from people. As many have pointed out, you are paying LESS than you were in the past, and though they have taken a way a few minor things, they have added so many new things that more than make up for what they have taken away...

Some people are too hard to please, and anyone who thinks that another line is so much better, please go ahead and pay way more, and take your complaints with you ;)

That's the thing, it seems they don't want to pay less, they want another Princess. Logical choice would be to go sail Princess (oh, but they invested so much money into making Platinum on Carnival.....what a hoot).

Ah, thanks. :) I've mastered typing while walking, and today I'm doing a lot of walking. Day off in a new city for work, so checking out the sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just remember not to step out into NY traffic while typing!

What is all this "investing" stuff. You went on a cruise (hopefully you enjoyed it). You did not invest in the product/company.

Any loyalty program implies an investment. Part of the cruise experience is being treated better precisely because you have invested your dollars in one company rather than another. At the time, I chose to invest (spend $$$) with Carnival rather than NCL or RCCL. In return, I expected that Carnival would be loyal to me.

I guess you forgot how JH for MONTHS was preaching and proclaiming that changes to the loyalty program would be all for the better and how we would be in awe of the new program.

Knowingly or unknowingly, that proved to be a blatant lie. Better - no way. Indeed cuts were instituted. I could give other examples of "untruths" but that is not the issue. What is the issue is that my investment in Carnival has been devalued by cuts, cuts and more cuts.

Any loyalty program implies an investment. Part of the cruise experience is being treated better precisely because you have invested your dollars in one company rather than another. At the time, I chose to invest (spend $$$) with Carnival rather than NCL or RCCL. In return, I expected that Carnival would be loyal to me.

I guess you forgot how JH for MONTHS was preaching and proclaiming that changes to the loyalty program would be all for the better and how we would be in awe of the new program.

Knowingly or unknowingly, that proved to be a blatant lie. Better - no way. Indeed cuts were instituted. I could give other examples of "untruths" but that is not the issue. What is the issue is that my investment in Carnival has been devalued by cuts, cuts and more cuts.

So the answer to the problem is to get rid of the loyalty program and let people pay for a cruise just for the sake of cruising then, right??

Well lets see, my DD has made quite an impressive investment in her shoe collection.

She is starting to get annoyed though that $39 doesn't give you the quality it once did.

She was really very loyal to particular retailers unless she could save a buck somewhere else.

Frankly I am afraid she has no idea what investment and loyalty mean unless this is an analogy :p

Anyone who thinks loyalty programs exist for the benefit of the customer is mistaken. They exist for the benefit of the corporation and if the corporate objectives are not met, the loyalty programs are modified or disappear.

They are a marketing tool and that's all.

Some corporations are more dependent on them than others. Carnival isn't. It isn't integral to their business model.

Anyone who thinks loyalty programs exist for the benefit of the customer is mistaken. They exist for the benefit of the corporation and if the corporate objectives are not met, the loyalty programs are modified or disappear.

They are a marketing tool and that's all.

Some corporations are more dependent on them than others. Carnival isn't. It isn't integral to their business model.

The next crazy thing you're going to say is that cruises aren't an investment !;)

I don't understand all of the disappointment from people. As many have pointed out, you are paying LESS than you were in the past, and though they have taken a way a few minor things, they have added so many new things that more than make up for what they have taken away... )

The severe decline in entertainment to where it is almost non existent is not a "minor" thing. The addition of the a burger joint, handful of bars, and of course additional staterooms in no way makes up for that.

Some people are too hard to please, and anyone who thinks that another line is so much better, please go ahead and pay way more, and take your complaints with you ;

The costs for other lines aren't way more. As I said up thread, the balcony cabin on a western Caribbean itinerary that I booked for Feb was cheaper with NCL for a newer ship and a great deal more entertainment than what Carnival was offering. Other lines manage to provide more for similar amounts of money so it makes you wonder whether Carnival can't because of mismanagement or won't because they prioritize profits before customers.

This thread reminds me of my experience with the "Outback Restaurant".

It sounds like the OP really had a good long ride with Carnival. Carnival has made some changes the OP doesn't like. The OP feels Carnival no longer gives them enough bang for the buck.

My wife and I really enjoyed the Outback. We have been going there since day one. Then we noticed some changes. We tried, oh we really tried, to deal with the new and improved Outback. The manager even tried to console us in our grief.

The last two times we went we left in a foul mood and the meal was way less than the quality we had grown used to.

Consequently we have moved on and have not been back in over one year and more than likely will never be back.

The moral of the story is sometimes we really fall in love with something and then it changes and the changes are not what we like. It might be hard to leave something behind that you have grown to love but you have to move on. Try another cruiseline you might ask yourself why did I take this long to switch.

Me I liked the "Old Las Vegas". We used to go four times a year. Once they switched to "The New Las Vegas" I had to quit going. It was not my cup of tea.

So far none of the changes implemented by Carnival affect our cruise enjoyment. If they ever start messing with the Blackjack tables I might feel differently.

BTW Costco has the best canned tuna in the world. Try just one can and you will be hooked. It is chunk, pure white Albacore and yes it is still seven ounces and when you squeeze the water out of the can the can it still almost filled to the top with tuna meat.

I just read in another post that Carnival is going to 6/5 blackjack on anything under $25. UGG That really changes the odds quite a bit.

\

Really you say its no big deal that you did not get a receipt when you bought a beverage, but you complained about it anyway.

I think you did go this cruise looking for things to complain about.

Let me say this again, you complained about not get a receipt when you bought a beverage. As I shake my head in disbelief!

Not getting a receipt is a huge issue for me. How do you go about proving that you weren't over charged without one?

I just read in another post that Carnival is going to 6/5 blackjack on anything under $25. UGG That really changes the odds quite a bit.

Carnival certainly wasn't the first.

As for receipts from drinks, if you want one, ASK for it. Problem solved.

Or just check you S&S account at one of the kiosks.

To be disillusioned means exactly that! :D

disillusioned

: having lost faith or trust in something : disappointed that something is not as good, valuable, true, etc., as it had seemed

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disillusioned

Lol. I've never noticed you until this thread and I must say I've never seen a bigger cheerleader. Honestly, who cares what others think of a certain cruise line. Big deal if someone doesn't find carnival perfect. No cruise line is perfect. We all can complain as much as we want and still use the cruise line. This board is for sharing info and opinions. No one is wrong no matter how you feel about it. Personally Carnival is not

for me. I could have written a scAthing trip report on it but it would brought out the cheerleaders in droves. Lol. Instead I enjoy reading all the boards and just seeing what others think.

Carnival certainly wasn't the first.

As for receipts from drinks, if you want one, ASK for it. Problem solved.

Or just check you S&S account at one of the kiosks.

I shouldn't have to ask. Whenever money is exchanged for a product or service a reciept should be provided without being prompted. That reciept is how the company shows that they provided what was requested for the correct amount of money. What is to keep the bartender from ringing in a higher priced item while providing something cheaper, thus automatically getting a larger tip?

I shouldn't have to ask. Whenever money is exchanged for a product or service a reciept should be provided without being prompted. That reciept is how the company shows that they provided what was requested for the correct amount of money. What is to keep the bartender from ringing in a higher priced item while providing something cheaper, thus automatically getting a larger tip?

Even many gas pumps these days don't automatically print receipts. We are getting a little closer to a paperless society. Welcome to this century.

Even many gas pumps these days don't automatically print receipts. We are getting a little closer to a paperless society. Welcome to this century.

The machine gives you a choice instead of simply assuming you don't want one. The customer should not have to request a receipt when paying for something.

The machine gives you a choice instead of simply assuming you don't want one. The customer should not have to request a receipt when paying for something.

The default default is no receipt.

I don't want the price of my drink to go up because you don't feel like asking for a receipt. Many people just throw them away which is a concern because they have personal information on them.

Lol. I've never noticed you until this thread and I must say I've never seen a bigger cheerleader. Honestly, who cares what others think of a certain cruise line. Big deal if someone doesn't find carnival perfect. No cruise line is perfect. We all can complain as much as we want and still use the cruise line. This board is for sharing info and opinions. No one is wrong no matter how you feel about it. Personally Carnival is not

for me. I could have written a scAthing trip report on it but it would brought out the cheerleaders in droves. Lol. Instead I enjoy reading all the boards and just seeing what others think.

It's about feelings of inadequacy and compensating by flooding the thread with defensive posts. Personally, I just skip over them. I know what they say without reading them, anymore.

We have sailed for many years and on several different cruise lines. Carnival has been our favorite, probably due to the price, but I see a steady decline in food items and service on other lines also no matter the price of the cruise. Can't afford the real expensive ones, I'm sure they are better, so we will continue to sail where and when we can. Any cruise is better than none and a good cruise is what you make of it.

The default default is no receipt.

I don't want the price of my drink to go up because you don't feel like asking for a receipt. Many people just throw them away which is a concern because they have personal information on them.

Did the price of drinks go down now that they are not giving receipts out?

It's about feelings of inadequacy and compensating by flooding the thread with defensive posts. Personally, I just skip over them. I know what they say without reading them, anymore.

Put the word disappointed in the title, come back 3 days later and look who's still here. You do realize most here know what your comments are without reading them also.