Movies Playing on MUTS?

Jinx71

I am sort of embarrassed to say that I booked with Princess (instead of our usually Celebrity) for 4 main reasons this time:

Only have to use 6 days of vacation at work. Election Day is a holiday for me as I am employed by my local government. :D

Only have to fly home & used Jet Blue bonus points to fly direct into our local airport 20 minutes from our house. Cost us only $11.60 in taxes. :)

MUTS! :cool:

Fettuccini Alfredo in the Parmesan Bowl :o

Is that wrong???? ;)

NEVER! It is your vacation! Never forget that and never let anyone judge you! :)

NEVER! It is your vacation! Never forget that and never let anyone judge you! :)

Thanks! :)

It's funny to me that as I get older, I look forward to my vacations (except for the Med Cruise) as a time to catch up on sleep & recharge my batteries....Okay, basically be a lazy ass! :p

Is it time to eat, drink & be merry yet?? I guess it's time for me to check the Princess Personalizer to "verify" how many days are left until my cruise...And try to figure out how to spend all the OBC that I have accumulated (Have you tried the Beverly Hills Iced Tea? ;)) LOL

Hmmmm.....Interestingly enough, most of the movies that have been mentioned on this thread have not even been released on Redbox yet....Most don't even have a date of release yet (but after mid October)....There were a few others that I am hoping might be shown (like "Blended" with Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler)...Fingers Crossed for at least 1 or 2 comedies!

I am sort of embarrassed to say that I booked with Princess (instead of our usually Celebrity) for 4 main reasons this time:

Only have to use 6 days of vacation at work. Election Day is a holiday for me as I am employed by my local government. :D

Only have to fly home & used Jet Blue bonus points to fly direct into our local airport 20 minutes from our house. Cost us only $11.60 in taxes. :)

Is that wrong???? ;)

#s 1 and 4 are valid for doing anything at any time anywhere.

Edited by rdsqrl

Is that wrong???? ;)

Are you NUTS? These are all GREAT reasons for booking any cruise at all. Don't let anybody tell you different!!! :D

Hmmmm.....Interestingly enough, most of the movies that have been mentioned on this thread have not even been released on Redbox yet....Most don't even have a date of release yet (but after mid October)....There were a few others that I am hoping might be shown (like "Blended" with Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler)...Fingers Crossed for at least 1 or 2 comedies!

I just got Blended last night from my local library.

Not to me...I book Princess for MUTS, and the fettuccini too!

The fettuccine Alfredo isn't as good as it once was a few years ago. They've changed their receipt and it hasn't been the same ever since. :(

I'd love to know what's been on CB. I'm hoping for .

<><

From past years I've noticed that all the ships get the movies at almost the same time. I didn't ever know about the movie' date=' Maleficent until someone brought it up recently.[/font'] It looks like a general movie for all ages.

The fettuccine Alfredo isn't as good as it once was a few years ago. They've changed their receipt and it hasn't been the same ever since. :(

Well, since I don't remember the fettucine Alfredo from my first Princess cruise back in 2002 so only have my experience on the Emerald in April to base my opinion on, I am going to be happy camper (I mean Cruiser) next month! :D

It's one of those comfort food dishes that I don't make at home...Probably because I can hear my arteries clogging with each bite!:rolleyes:

Well, since I don't remember the fettucine Alfredo from my first Princess cruise back in 2002 so only have my experience on the Emerald in April to base my opinion on, I am going to be happy camper (I mean Cruiser) next month! :D

It's one of those comfort food dishes that I don't make at home...Probably because I can hear my arteries clogging with each bite!:rolleyes:

I think they've switched to a healthier recipe or maybe a cheaper one (not sure) but if I'm going to have the extra calories I want the rich one since we never eat it at home any more. Maybe my taste has changed over the years. ;)

As of 9/20 on the Coral Princess MUTS showings will be:

Godzilla (2014): Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe. Directed by Gareth Edwards. PG-13, 123 min.

Maleficent (2014): Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning. Directed by Robert Stromberg. PG, 97 mins.

Oh thank you! I haven't seen either. How did you find out? I'd love to see Casablanca like another poster.

Edited by KBS1607

Oh thank you! I haven't seen either. How did you find out? I'd love to see Casablanca like another poster.

I just got an email today announcing the entertainment onboard which included the MUTS, cruise director's name, etc. These emails seem to come about 2 weeks before your cruise.

As of 9/20 on the Coral Princess MUTS showings will be:

Godzilla (2014): Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe. Directed by Gareth Edwards. PG-13, 123 min.

Maleficent (2014): Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning. Directed by Robert Stromberg. PG, 97 mins.

Ooh, Maleficent. I meant to see that in the theater but never made it out to see it. I'm really hoping that is still playing in December -- though in the Princess Theater. I am not a fan of MUTS but do like seeing the movies in the theater on sea days.

:eek:

Frozen... TWICE?

:eek:

I normally find Disney's offerings well made but I couldn't make it 30 minutes through that movie.

Derek

My 17-year-old absolutely hated that movie and called the soundtrack the worst one ever by a Disney movie. She wasn't too pleased when her concert band was learning it for the spring concert. At least the year before, they played the theme from "Jurassic Park" (the band combined with the orchestra so there were over 120 musicians playing it).

We saw the "Lego" movie last month at a park as part of the National Night Out (police departments team with communities). That was a really good movie.

I agree - seeing Casablanca or any other classic movies out there would be fun, or even some classic movies in the theatre itself like they used to. Maybe late, late night?

I found out via an entertainment email that was sent to us. It came out 2 weeks before the cruise and listed which shows, movies and guest entertainers would be on board! I don't remember ever seeing this before, but I definitely found it exciting!!

My husband and I are taking my (soon to be) 5 year old nephew on the Golden in a couple weeks for a quick birthday trip. His main concern is whether we will be able to watch a movie IN the pool, and I couldn't give him an answer since I have never tried! I'm thinking of one that is usually at 8pm, does anyone know?

He also is hoping he can wear his tails(tux) every night(no), he really wants them to serve lobster (We will take him to a premium restaurant and hope!), and he is dying to see dolphins. This kid.. I think he takes after his Uncle.. haha

Edited by A.stew12305

I agree - seeing Casablanca or any other classic movies out there would be fun, or even some classic movies in the theatre itself like they used to. Maybe late, late night?

I found out via an entertainment email that was sent to us. It came out 2 weeks before the cruise and listed which shows, movies and guest entertainers would be on board! I don't remember ever seeing this before, but I definitely found it exciting!!

Nice! Are you on our roll call? I'm not getting emails!

The movies during the day tend to be the oldies like this. I saw Marilyn Monroe one time while eating my pizza. The MUTS screen is on all day, so they have to fill it with stuff other than first run movies. There are LOTS of recorded concerts of people like Tina Turner, etc. I'm sure it all has to do with licensing issues and so forth.

Last month on the Emerald these were the movies playing.

[ATTACH]324763[/ATTACH]

Thanks! :)

Of that list, I definitely saw Gravity, Saving Mr. Banks, & Secret Life of Walter Mitty (well, 3/4 of it anyways) on MUTS on the Emerald in April...

I know I saw Veronica Mars but can't remember if it was at sea or at home....Mind like steel trap, I tell ya!! LOL :rolleyes:

I do wonder if all the ship's have the same movies? :confused:

From past years I've noticed that all the ships get the movies at almost the same time. I didn't ever know about the movie, Maleficent until someone brought it up recently. It looks like a general movie for all ages.

That would make sense...they probably have to "rent" it so why not show on all MUTS screens?

I don't recall getting any emails in April about it either?? :confused:

But, maybe I was too distracted to notice then....But, I will be looking for it this time!! :D

Edited by Jinx71

My husband and I are taking my (soon to be) 5 year old nephew on the Golden in a couple weeks for a quick birthday trip. His main concern is whether we will be able to watch a movie IN the pool, and I couldn't give him an answer since I have never tried! I'm thinking of one that is usually at 8pm, does anyone know?

He also is hoping he can wear his tails(tux) every night(no), he really wants them to serve lobster (We will take him to a premium restaurant and hope!), and he is dying to see dolphins. This kid.. I think he takes after his Uncle.. haha

He can watch a movie IN the pool during the day but at night as I recall the pools have a net over them to keep people out. (but the hot tubs open):D