Movies Playing on MUTS?

Jinx71

Any recent Princess Cruisers that can share what movies they are currently playing on MUTS? We will be sailing on the Royal in October. I absolutely fell in love with MUTS on our last cruise. I so enjoy snuggling down on a comfy lounge chair with a blanket, a cocktail (or two) & some popcorn/snacks. It's like a drive-in movie WITHOUT those nasty north eastern mosquitos!! :eek: Also, any tips on where to sit so that no one is walking in front of you while enjoying the movie? Thank you to the members of Cruise Critics who share all their knowledge!! It's so helpful for all of us "Planners"! :)

Just off the Grand - the only ones I can guarantee are the newest X-Men movie and Spider Man 2 (or whatever # they're up to now).

Just saw "Million Dollar Arm" on the Grand. I saw it in the Princess Theater. Not sure if it played on MUTS. But "Million Dollar Arm" is terrific! A decent movie, with a great soundtrack. Well worth seeing!

I bet Mama Mia is playing. Unbelievably they showed it three times on our cruise last month on the Caribbean Princess. They showed Frozen twice, once as a sing-along.

Ugh, yes. They showed Mama Mia last week on the Grand. People on the elevator, who had way too much to drink, were screaming in my ear about how great it was. I jumped off that elevator at first opportunity!

(No central staircase or not, I was off that elevator:)

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

Just off the Grand - the only ones I can guarantee are the newest X-Men movie and Spider Man 2 (or whatever # they're up to now).

Those types of moves are perfect for MUTS...nice & loud with loads of explosions. I can't wait to see them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ugh' date=' yes. They showed Mama Mia last week on the Grand. People on the elevator, who had way too much to drink, were screaming in my ear about how great it was. I jumped off that elevator at first opportunity!

(No central staircase or not, I was off that elevator[/quote']

Don't blame you. :D I'm amazed at what people consider great entertainment (my wife included). Maybe they'll be showing some other great ones like My Big Fat Greek Wedding or some I Love Lucy specials. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

I bet Mama Mia is playing. Unbelievably they showed it three times on our cruise last month on the Caribbean Princess. They showed Frozen twice, once as a sing-along.

:eek:

Frozen... TWICE?

:eek:

I normally find Disney's offerings well made but I couldn't make it 30 minutes through that movie.

Derek

Bring ear plugs. :D

I've never experienced MUTS before... I wear earplugs at the movie theater, is it just as loud? I also noticed in patters I see online that some movies start late at 1030, how does that affect the cabins? I'm 3 decks below lido

I've never experienced MUTS before... I wear earplugs at the movie theater, is it just as loud? I also noticed in patters I see online that some movies start late at 1030, how does that affect the cabins? I'm 3 decks below lido

Some people complain. I had an Aloha balcony on Star and was right under the forward part of the pool / MUTS area. I didn't have any problems with the sound from MUTS.

I have fond memories of sitting in a hot tub one afternoon, singing along to Mamma Mia on MUTS… :)

I have fond memories of sitting in a hot tub one afternoon, singing along to Mamma Mia on MUTS… :)

My wife has that movie. She and my daughter loved it. I've never seen it... :rolleyes:

I was walking across Lido deck one day and heard a familiar line. I turned around and saw Humphrey Bogart on the big screen. I sank into the nearest lounger and was lost in Casablanca. It was great (as always) and I love having it on the big screen. Having the milk and cookies come around while I was watching was a bonus.

I can do without Beyonce concerts and such.

Edit: Stupid quote not working again. Very annoying.

Edited by Thrak

It's just annoying loud not like the sound level in Princess theater which can be deafening loud. Once you're out of the area the sound doesn't travel much past it.

As of 9/20 on the Coral Princess MUTS showings will be:

Godzilla (2014): Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe. Directed by Gareth Edwards. PG-13, 123 min.

Maleficent (2014): Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning. Directed by Robert Stromberg. PG, 97 mins.

Edited by jdellachiesa

Godzilla (2014): Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe. Directed by Gareth Edwards. PG-13, 123 min.

Maleficent (2014): Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning. Directed by Robert Stromberg. PG, 97 mins.

Wow. They finally got some new movies that I'll be able to watch next cruise. :D

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

Those types of moves are perfect for MUTS...nice & loud with loads of explosions. I can't wait to see them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We saw Thor #2(?) which was not a masterpiece but really enjoyed it on the big screen! Hubby says I am deaf, anyways so the loudness works for me :D

I cut the hubby off from renting from Redbox last month when I booked the cruise. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I haven't seen either of those movies yet....Not a BIG fan of Godzilla but I bet I will like it better on MUTS! :D

And I am a BIG fan of Angelina Jolie (and so is hubby but for different reasons, I think! :rolleyes:) so I am really excited...

I am sort of embarrassed to say that I booked with Princess (instead of our usually Celebrity) for 4 main reasons this time:

Only have to use 6 days of vacation at work. Election Day is a holiday for me as I am employed by my local government. :D

Only have to fly home & used Jet Blue bonus points to fly direct into our local airport 20 minutes from our house. Cost us only $11.60 in taxes. :)

MUTS! :cool:

Fettuccini Alfredo in the Parmesan Bowl :o

Is that wrong???? ;)

Edited by Jinx71
Cuz My Grammar wasn't Good! LOL

I am sort of embarrassed to say that I booked with Princess (instead of our usually Celebrity) for 4 main reasons this time:

MUTS! :cool:

Fettuccini Alfredo in the Parmesan Bowl :o

Is that wrong???? ;)

Not to me...I book Princess for MUTS, and the fettuccini too!

Edited by Snow cat