How do you keep things from getting wet?

Mr & Mrs Happy

It's not like when we go to the beach here cause someone is always on shore watch stuff. So how do you keep your ID and such from getting wet when both you and your s/o want to get into the water? Where do you keep other items as well without worrying if your things will be taken when?

It's not like when we go to the beach here cause someone is always on shore watch stuff. So how do you keep your ID and such from getting wet when both you and your s/o want to get into the water? Where do you keep other items as well without worrying if your things will be taken when?

Check out amazon for waterproof packs. There are several different types and sizes. I have one that goes around my waist and one around my neck.

Cameras and other electronics are tricky. I don't have anything expensive so most is be out is a $100 camera. Never had any problems yet.

Edited by kona_wahine

Check out amazon for waterproof packs. There are several different types and sizes. I have one that goes around my waist and one around my neck.

Cameras and other electronics are tricky. I don't have anything expensive so most is be out is a $100 camera. Never had any problems yet.

Thank you. I just did a search on Amazon and found several items.

We have always either been on a guided tour or one of us has stayed with the belongings. Some places have lockers, but this would be location specific and unless you have researched the area and know that they are going to be present I would not depend on this being the case.

Happy sailing :D

I keep our id and ship cards plus cash and a credit card in a water wallet around my neck. We use our Carnival lanyard to secure our beach bag to the chair loosely because one time in Grand Turk we had some people try to take our beach bag. Fortunately DH had used something else to do the same. At the time I thought that was useless because it's not like a metal chain or anything sturdy but it was enough to make it inconvenient to grab and run with our bag.

Our camera is an inexpensive waterproof one that came with a mini life preserver that goes around your wrist so if the camera comes off it floats and is easy to retrieve.

We put our tote bag between out lounge chairs and zip lock it to the chair. Very difficult for someone to access. Most thieves are looking for an easy mark. Lots of people around to notice someone trying to get in to it. Beyond that we just try and make sure someone is facing land and keeping an eye on things at all times.

Check out Ebay. They have so many different sizes and shapes. Everything from phone, camera bags to bags big enough for Ipads and books. I have so many waterproof bags of all different sizes and shapes and only paid couple dollars each. My latest purchase was a waterproof fanny pack (yes my kids made fun of me) that cost me about $5 with free shipping. They are also great for tolietries so there are no leaks in your suitcase.

We put our tote bag between out lounge chairs and zip lock it to the chair. Very difficult for someone to access. Most thieves are looking for an easy mark. Lots of people around to notice someone trying to get in to it. Beyond that we just try and make sure someone is facing land and keeping an eye on things at all times.

Zip locks are great, but how do you release it other than carrying a knife?