Silly Reasons For Loving To Cruise

babs135

I meet a lot of wonderful people when I cruise alone. I usually get a large table at traditional dining so I can talk to people and tell them what I did in the day and also listen to their experiences. I have cruised a lot and usually wait until the rush in each port is over and them walk around and visit friends that I have meet in certain ports. I love music so I stay up until the song is played by the band and then head for my cabin. I find that at lot of people will talk to you when you are travelling alone. Next cruise in /regal Princess jan. 18/15

The chance to see and experience different cultures. The different ports each day with out having to pack & unpack daily. The interesting people we meet on our cruises. Love the sea days to just relax. The food, dressing up on formal nights. Going to the show in the evenings. We find cruising is so much more interesting then going to a resort holiday. Then again cruising is not for everybody, different strokes for different folks.

Allan & Marlane

I don't think any of them are silly. They're all good reasons for cruising. Someone asked me what I like about cruising but before I could answer someone else said you get away from everyone and eveything! Never thought about it but it is one of the reasons I cruise. And-who doesn't like being taken care of & not having to do much of anything for youself? I must say that I do feel funny about leaving the towels on the floor for some silly reason! I don't care how messy my room gets though, after all I'm on vacation! I'll have to wait for all that pampering until August of next year.

The sight of the bow slicing through the waves, kicking up a white mist .... and at night the florescent glow of the waves is magical.

Like being at an (almost) all inclusive resort, but falling asleep looking forward to new adventures and waking up to a different view each morning.

And having the pleasure of a staff committed to having you enjoy every moment.

It's almost like entering into a transcendent meditative state of mind !!!!!

Unless you are deciding which specialty to book or go to the dining room for lunch or just hit he buffet on sea days that is! or even if you would prefer room service that night. You do have choices! but they are good choices and all are within a short walk.

The feel and sound of the sea. But, that's not a silly reason. I guess my silly reason is Trivia everyday!

Momofmeg, hope to see you onboard on your upcoming cruise. I'll be there as well with part of my trivia team.

We've had some of the best storms at sea- there's nothing like seeing lightning on the water from your balcony. My DH is an old sailor, and lives for this!

I love coming into the stateroom after dinner and seeing the lights low and the schedule for the next day as well. I bring a highlighter and mark everything I might want to do the next day.

My favorite however is meeting all the interesting people- passengers and employees- from all over the world. It restores my faith that most people are actually very nice!

Not having to decide what's for dinner or where to go for dinner

This. As well as not having to answer the question, "What's for dinner?" or "What are we doing for dinner?" Every other vacation STILL involves that question for me as my family always looks to me to do the planning whether we are at home or not. On a cruise...everyone knows the program and what is available where. It's a TRUE vacation for me.