Silly Reasons For Loving To Cruise

babs135

No handbag to carry around is a really good silly reason. Thanks to the person above who mentioned that. So true!! It's very liberating just to carry a ship card in my pocket.

No one can call, text or email us.

No cooking or doing laundry (worst job ever if you ask me).

Having a balcony over the ocean :D:D:D

Hearing the *DING* when I slide my ship card through the machine.

Pulling hard to open a door.

Hubby is left at home to care for himself, his laundry and the cats ;)

Having drinks with my youngest son (19) after dinner.

The motion of the ocean and the mist from it.

Don't have to drive my car (I hate driving lately :eek:).

Letting the sound of the wake lull me into an afternoon nap.

Silly??? Maybe, maybe not. But they represent good times :D

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Great list!!

I can add that for us -- no doctor appointments. It seems that once we get home all we have are doctor appointments, tests and blood work being done all the time.

And yard work -- bushes to cut and leaves to clean up and grass to cut.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

Since I don't cook, for me a silly reason is that I don't have to figure out what restaurant will provide my next meal.:D

Unless you are deciding which specialty to book or go to the dining room for lunch or just hit he buffet on sea days that is! or even if you would prefer room service that night. You do have choices! but they are good choices and all are within a short walk.

My wife sleeps in, I get up for sunrises over the ocean, cookies fresh baked, MUTS, eating 12 meals a day, coffee and people watching. The best one was a cruise with a lot of Russian elderly people, the same width as they were tall swimming in the hot sun and the little ol ladies who actually lived aboard this ship, dancing to the wee hours, we found one was 86. I hate telephones and love it when we get far enough out that no one can use them or call us with their problems although when our barn burned......... Never mind, we didn't care because we were 900 miles away and couldn't do anything anyway.

Edited by WupperAV

I wish I didn't have to carry a small purse. However, I have to have my epi-pen with me. I have a really small carry purse that I carry with me. Now as to the cruise, I don't have to cook, clean or worry about other people.

tigercat

I know, I have my meds, so I use a small purse that I wear around my neck so my arms are free. I guess I could leave my meds in the stateroom until meal time, but that is a pain to go back for them, so I just have them with me. Dinner would be no problem, since we change for dinner, but the rest of the ya I still do not want to be running back to my room for them since I need to take one pill or another 4 times a day.

I love returning to the cabin in the late evening, to find the lamps are lit, the bed's turned down, the cruise paper is on the cover and there's a chocolate on the pillow.

It feels as if Supernanny has been arranging the room for quiet time before sleeping....;)

Sitting on the deck with a book and watching the water.

Oh yes, a balcony view of the ocean. Even for land vacations though we try to pick hotels with balcony views of a body of water. Nothing is as soothing as a view of the water. Even a trickling stream is wonderful, but an ocean view is the best!

I also like to in quite time of the day between lunch and dinner, to go to the buffet and get a cup of coffee or glass of tea and sit by the window and look out. I will sit there a good 30 minute sipping on whatever I am drinking and looking out.

We have been to Grand Cayman several times and I really do not care much abut getting off ship unless it is to pick up some coffee to take home. I sat in the buffet area one cruise watching the water/activity. That is when I saw the pirate ship excursion "attacking our ship lol!

When we were in Montenegro I wanted to see more but it was extremely hot. I lasted less than 2 hours before I had to go back to the ship. But the fjords were so beautiful that I enjoyed just looking at them from the buffet window.

The same for me when we saw the Panama canal locks, I was outside as much as I could be until I became too heated. then I switched to the buffet restaurant to watch it in a chair by the window.

Here is another simple fun thing when doing 7 day Caribbean cruises that head out on Sunday. The last night, Saturday night, I love to go out on the very back of the buffet area outside and look for lights of all the ships starting out from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami that leave on Saturday. I usually easily see at least 8 or 10.

At home, I usually order chicken at restaurants, because I don't want to pay twice as much for a steak or salmon. I can't bear to spend $8 on a dessert that I won't finish.

On board, I order three two-bite appetizers, salmon and dessert every night. I LOVE not mentally calculating the tab and tip while I order.

We simply like being on the water.

Luckily we live near the water, San Francisco peninsula... so when we are not cruising we simply walk along the bay, it helps... til our next cruise. We have over 50 cruises, we are addicted.

We all have sensible reasons why we love to cruise but what are the 'silly' reasons?

Well, my husband thinks this is my silly reason for cruising...I try my best to convince him that I HAVE to cruise just so that I can come back and do extensive reviews of the ships and the different ports we visit for you fine people here on cc. :D Although I don't think he's buying it yet...I'm still working on convincing him that's the reason I have to take so many. :p

We are farmers. The neighbor was harvesting his corn and storing it in some bins in our yard. All night long the trucks pulled into our yard and unloaded. Their lights shining in my bedroom window. I got no sleep. Finally around 4 am I made some hot chocolate and coffee and took it and some rolls to them. What does this have to do with cruising you ask....

I told this story to my friend and she looked at me and asked..."Who takes care of you?" To be honest I about cried. I have 5 children, 2 grand children. I am definitely the care taker. Which I love. But when I am on a cruise someone else takes care of me. I don't cook, clean or go to work. All I have to do is allow them to take care of me.

I've been married almost 44 years my husband has absolutely no desire to take a cruise we retired in 2008. My first cruise was in 2010 second in 2012 third 2013 I'm booked this November and October 2015 and I'm looking into a back to back for 2016. I guess that says it all lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am and always have been addicted to just watching the ocean. I could just look at it forever. Also, for some strange reason I feel more free than on any other kind of trip. Being able to eat in so many different venues and at any time and knowing it's included!

I am and always have been addicted to just watching the ocean. I could just look at it forever. Also, for some strange reason I feel more free than on any other kind of trip. Being able to eat in so many different venues and at any time and knowing it's included!

Agree 100%

Nice post! Thanx.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day